Mongolia? Asian shows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Just found this on U2tours.com:

Irish megastars U2 to play in Mongolia
September 20, 2004

Source: Montsame

The famous Irish rock band U2 will give a concert in Mongolia at the end of October 2004. U2 has decided to give concerts in Asian countries and Mongolia has been selected as the first country on their tour. The Nomin Holding Company has invited the band and will organize the concert.

(c) Montsame 2004.

:) Let's hope Asians get to see the band again.

Why would they tour BEFORE the albums release? Maybe in October 2005 they will play an asian tour. I hope they do. The Asians have never had a tour. Sure, they hit up Japan, almost every tour, and there was the one-off gig in Israel (unlikely to happen again). Other bands have recently had success playing in Russia, China, India, Hong Kong, Singapore and Thailand. The Rolling Stones were even planning a concert in the United Arab Emirates, but it didn't happen. I bet U2 could find a new fan base they didn't know existed, like on Popmart in South America and Africa.

Also, U2 should play in Egypt and Morocco. I want to plan the next tour, so fans everywhere can enjoy it.

Acrobat, I think that might just be a typo in the article. We'd already have tour dates if they were starting in 2004, so I suspect this could be in reference to a third leg (after the US and European legs).

By the way, I doubt U2 or any other rock group will ever play a concert in an Islamic nation.

Geezzz,

U guys really lit up my day...I do hope that U2 can include Asia, at least Singapore to their latest tour...!!!

Even MJ, Rolling Stones, Eagle has had their share in Singapore which has stadium of 60,000....

Cross2 my finger here...

U2 would be huge in Mongolia I think.

(I visited there a few years ago.)

Any Mongolians out there?

trainspotter said:

Why not? U2 have done it before, Bosnia, Turkey

U2 have never played in Turkey, and I wouldn't count Bosnia-Herzegovina as a Muslim nation like I would count Iran. In fact, doesn't Bosnia-Herzegovina have a very sizeable Christian population? It's not an Islamic country ruled by Shari'a Law unless I am very much mistaken.

In any case, I was under the impression rock concerts in Islamic countries would be frowned upon and not permitted by the authorities.

Back
Top Bottom