MNF New Orleans Set List Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bono_man2002 said:

Someone posted that one of the commentators said something about U2 at half time...maybe they'll come into the studios for a chat?, or maybe nothing at all...:shrug:

The only halftime talk I heard was that they said U2 performed at the superbowl halftime here in the SuperDome.

That's what I heard Boomer say!

Axver said:

Thanks for that. Though now I'm confused, with Utoo saying that Bono didn't come out until halfway through The Saints Are Coming. Who did the House Of The Rising Sun snippet?

Billy Joe did

skjuls said:

yeah because I never heard this.

Plus some of the interferencers that were there were waiting at the loading dock right after the performance. They didn't mention any halftime performance.

Berman or someone said they were playing at halftime... he might have meant to say pregame... or at least that's what I thought, too.

Axver said:

Thanks for that. Though now I'm confused, with Utoo saying that Bono didn't come out until halfway through The Saints Are Coming. Who did the House Of The Rising Sun snippet?

Billy Joe. It was pretty much the Billy Joe & Edge Show for the first half of the entire performance. Shame, coz I'd love to hear Bono do this whole song. :yes:

Maybe Edge will be featured again in some Music Rising segment? Perhaps it would've been advertised already if this were the case, however. :shrug:

Bono_man2002, your audio was super-crisp and clear :up:

skjuls said:

The only halftime talk I heard was that they said U2 performed at the superbowl halftime here in the SuperDome.

Yeah, that's all I heard, too.....probably where the confusion is from. They definitely talked about U2 playing halftime there for the Super Bowl---they even showed a clip or two from it.

Utoo said:

Yeah, that's all I heard, too.....probably where the confusion is from. They definitely talked about U2 playing halftime there for the Super Bowl---they even showed a clip or two from it.

I talked to Super_Fan after the performance. He didn't mention a halftime show since most were waiting for them at the loading docks.

Axver said:

I don't understand why you ask, i've written "by Bono" :S

zoofred said:

I don't understand why you ask, i've written "by Bono" :S

Because a couple of others have said Billie Joe, not Bono sung it ...

Regardless of who sung it, did Edge play along to the snippet?

^Yes, Edge did.

And definitely not Bono---you actually see Billie Joe singing it. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom