MNF New Orleans Set List Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bono_212 said:
:reject: I'm confused The Saints Are Coming IS different than when the saints go marching in right? :lol: I feel like a REAL ididot right now

Yes. The Saints Are Coming is a song originally done by The Skids (I think that's their name) and The Saints Go Marching In is an old hymn or something. :)

bono_212 said:
What did you see Axver?

Nothing, heh. My "uninterrupted morning" suddenly became quite interrupted.

Thanks for the set, folks. Did U2 play on all of the songs? And the snippet of House Of The Rising Sun, how much was it? It led into The Saints Are Coming? I'm really curious because I quite like House Of The Rising Sun. I wish they'd done all of it!

Axver said:

Nothing, heh. My "uninterrupted morning" suddenly became quite interrupted.

Thanks for the set, folks. Did U2 play on all of the songs? And the snippet of House Of The Rising Sun, how much was it? It led into The Saints Are Coming? I'm really curious because I quite like House Of The Rising Sun. I wish they'd done all of it!

I'm pretty sure Edge played on All songs.

http://rapid share.de/files/34460168/U2_GreenDay. mp3.html

Here's my audio.

Axver said:

HOTRS was maybe a minute? Not totally sure. They changed up the lyrics a bit to fit the situation. And yes, they went into TSAC right after that.

bono_man2002 said:

I'm pretty sure Edge played on All songs.

http://rapid share.de/files/34460168/U2_GreenDay. mp3.html

Here's my audio.

As much as listening to audio may sate my curiousity, I loathe Green Day too much to want to listen. :wink:

• Wake Me Up When September Ends, by Green Day & The Edge,
• snippet of The House Of Rising Sun (The Animals), by Bono
• The Saints Are Coming (song written by The Skids) by U2 & Green Day
• Beautiful Day, short, by U2 & Green Day.
The whole thing with an horns orchestra

Axver said:

Did U2 play on all of the songs? And the snippet of House Of The Rising Sun, how much was it? It led into The Saints Are Coming? I'm really curious because I quite like House Of The Rising Sun. I wish they'd done all of it!

Edge played on everything. I didn't see Adam or Larry on the Green Day song, but they also didn't seem to show the entire stage for long enough to notice. Bono only came out halfway into Saints.

As for HOTRS, Billy Joe sang something along the lines of: "There is a house in New Orleans that's called the Superdome. And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy, and God I know I'm one."

You can listen on the audio that was just posted.

Thanks for the audio, all! :wave: I might buy the single track anyway to help out Music Rising.... I never buy music..:reject:...but kinda want to for this one.

Alright, I'll bust out an early fall leg prediction... I think Saints into Fast Cars or the other way around would be pretty hot.

Utoo said:
Where did this halftime show info come from?

Someone posted that one of the commentators said something about U2 at half time...maybe they'll come into the studios for a chat?, or maybe nothing at all...:shrug:

zoofred said:
• Wake Me Up When September Ends, by Green Day & The Edge,
• snippet of The House Of Rising Sun (The Animals), by Bono
• The Saints Are Coming (song written by The Skids) by U2 & Green Day
• Beautiful Day, short, by U2 & Green Day.
The whole thing with an horns orchestra

Thanks for that. Though now I'm confused, with Utoo saying that Bono didn't come out until halfway through The Saints Are Coming. Who did the House Of The Rising Sun snippet?

Back
Top Bottom