MNF New Orleans Set List Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was awesome! They just announced on tv that halftime will be a replay of the set. During the last timeout they played Vertigo over the PA... and over the ESPN mics you could hear people singing along... very cool

"We're livin' like birds
In the magnolia trees
Child on a rooftop
Mother on her knees
Her sign reads Please
I am an American"

Ok...that lyric kinda made me tear up/get a little angry. I don't know how this makes other people outside of America feel, but this statement brings back the utter stupidity/disregard for human life which was displayed by our leaders...:mad:

It was also a very rockin' Bono moment...I hope we see some of that attitude on their new album.

trevster2k said:
I was at the gym watching it on the tv and the cable went off the air, halfway through Saints, needless to say I was had plenty of aggression to channel for my workout.:mad:

That sucks! I would've tackled someone right there!

Who's in net tonight, anyway?

Diane L said:
And I can't buy the track because I have a Mac. :madspit:

MAC PEOPLE, of which i am one, all you have to do is download the rapid share links posted earlier in the thread, open it in garageband, select split track at the appropriate points, then select the song portion you want and choose share, itunes.

They just showed the halftime schedule I think it's going to be the last thing they show before the third quarter...I *think* I saw it out of the corner of my eye

2morrow said:
"We're livin' like birds
In the magnolia trees
Child on a rooftop
Mother on her knees
Her sign reads Please
I am an American"

Ok...that lyric kinda made me tear up/get a little angry. I don't know how this makes other people outside of America feel, but this statement brings back the utter stupidity/disregard for human life which was displayed by our leaders...:mad:

It was also a very rockin' Bono moment...I hope we see some of that attitude on their new album.

:up:

Very poignant when Bono used those words. It was ridiculous what those poor folks had to endure immediately following Katrina.

I was thinking the same with the new album attitude. I'm sure this kind of 'off the charts' emotion displayed tonight must fuel something back in the studio.

Lila64 said:

are you gonna retry to re-record in full? I know I am!

I recorded it the first time on the DVD-R, but don't know if it missed the last few seconds or not. And I don't know how to upload it to any site :reject:

You bet...the remote is in hand!

Hopefully, the Hawaii show will be off the hook!!!! Wow, I'm all excited again, nothing like a fresh shot of U2 to pump you up.

2morrow said:
"We're livin' like birds
In the magnolia trees
Child on a rooftop
Mother on her knees
Her sign reads Please
I am an American"

AMEN TO THAT!! :up: I got teared up at that too..

I sure hope so...:wink:

after listening to the saints are coming a couple dozen times in the background, it's really nice to hear a u2 cover that doesn't suck. and before you flame me, the list of good covers by u2 is much shorter than the list of crap.

also, any drummers know what it was larry was hitting the drums with. it looked like the stick my 3 year old plays her lollipop drum with.

angelordevil said:

What net? Surrre

You're not fooling me, Trevster! This game will be decided in a shoot-out. I can feel it! :wink:

Don Cherry is definitely giving this game a thumbs up!!

I wonder if the ratings people are noticing a spike during the time U2/Green Day perform during the broadcast....:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom