Minneapolis Setlist Watch and Party, Part IV - CRUMBS FROM YOUR TABLE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oceane said:
Hey Axver, sorry for my ignorance, but has Heartland ever being played live?

I think I need to write my own FAQ. :wink:

Heartland has never been played live, but it was snippeted once during the intro of Streets on 13 October 1989 in Melbourne.

By the way, Tim - we should keep One Tree Hill for New Zealand anyway! :wink:

ramblin rose said:
I think that everyone that has a chance to talk to one of the band members has to give them a lot of positive reinforcement for what they're doing.

They must know that they're freaking us out.

I agree. Positive reinforcement is good. We should tell them we're happy instead of asking for always more new songs. (Although of course I have nothing against fana expressing their desire for a certain song)

Axver said:

I think I need to write my own FAQ. :wink:

Heartland has never been played live, but it was snippeted once during the intro of Streets on 13 October 1989 in Melbourne.

By the way, Tim - we should keep One Tree Hill for New Zealand anyway! :wink:

That's what I thought... just wanted to make sure! Thanks!

Yes i agree Ramblin Rose...if any of us get to talk to any of the band members we should tell them that what they are doing with the third leg ...is just uberly awesome!...really exciting and to keep it up...the suspense is just killing us...we love it!:lol:

ramblin rose said:
I think that everyone that has a chance to talk to one of the band members has to give them a lot of positive reinforcement for what they're doing.

they need loads of positive reinforcement - lots of loving for all these changes

ramblin rose said:

:up:

ABSOLUTELY.

Someone, send the word. Everyone who meets the band should first applaud this variety before giving any requests, and tell them how much the fanbase is totally loving it.

Um, I hate to ask this, but I am just so exhausted, and I simply cannot read through all of these threads.

Did I mention I'm completely knackered?

So, is the show over, and what was the setlist?

By the way, I'm really tired.

timothius said:
I just finished listening to Zooropa... blew my mind.... again. :faint:

Axver, setlist annomily? Is the 2 songs tonight the least amount of Achtung Baby tunes played on a full-tour gig pre-ZooTV? :shrug:

And doesn't that suck? :wink:

No - they did only two at Chicago II too!

Today's setlist was:

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
The Electric Co. / Send In The Clowns (snippet)
The Ocean
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Beautiful Day / Many Rivers To Cross (snippet)
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / No Regrets (snippet) / The Black Hills of Dakota (snippet)
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One / Ol' Man River (snippet)

encore(s):
The First Time
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
With Or Without You
All Because Of You
Crumbs From Your Table
Yahweh
Vertigo

And if we tell them we are happy with what they are doing they will probably continue to mix new songs in...positive reinforcement :)..

I would just beg and plead to keep Crumbs in the setlist...until the tour ends :shifty:...

timothius said:
Mofo would be pretty hard to pull off just ad-hoc, the soundboard or Edge would have to be prepared to activate the Mofo beat.

If they've rehearsed it, you gotta think that they've got the stuff there, and if they see the sign, they might decide to do it and organize during the encore break.

ramblin rose said:
They wanted to make me happy

It made me happy too!!

I'm all for a rocking start and end (going out with a BANG).

Although I probably shouldn't say the word rocking anymore, 'cause my mind is still pre-occupied with this comment Axver made in the last thread: "I think it's really sad. Why do people insist on the songs in this position to be rocking? I think these encores are lovely - beautiful songs played together."

Last edited:
<listening to Lady With The Spinning Head

5.gif

OK this is kind of stupid, but I'm having trouble going to bed because some weird part of me wants someone who was at the show to pop-in in the set-list party to tell us in details how Crumbs sounded live... :nerd:

knox said:

If they've rehearsed it, you gotta think that they've got the stuff there, and if they see the sign, they might decide to do it and organize during the encore break.

I think their best bet would be to have a sign Night 1/2 in a multi night city and then hope they pull it out Night 2/3/4. I really can't see Mofo being played ad-hoc :shrug:

I think my sign will be

Dear u2 - please pick one of these 5 songs and play it
1. Acrobat
2. Heartland
3. A Sort of Homecoming
4. One Tree Hill
5. Dirty Day

okay so it would be more of a banner:wink:

timothius said:

So these two gigs would be the least Achtung then?

You didn't answer the second question. :hyper: :wink:

It gets an :up: or two from me!

Now bring on the Lovetown encore!

One Tree Hill --> Heartland --> Hawkmoon 269 --> God Part II --> Desire --> All Along The Watchtower :drool:

nurse chrissi said:
I think my sign will be

Dear u2 - please pick one of these 5 songs and play it
1. Acrobat
2. Heartland
3. A Sort of Homecoming
4. One Tree Hill
5. Dirty Day

okay so it would be more of a banner:wink:

LOL

I think that if they can't do the whole of any songs we want to hear, they should compromise and do a medley of the songs :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom