Minneapolis Setlist Watch and Party, Part IV - CRUMBS FROM YOUR TABLE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also wanted to say how GREAT it was to meet up with Schmeg, Kariann, ARW9797, Eep, Stories for Boys, LemonMeregue, WalkRon and Ali Rose after the show.

I also spent HOURS in the GA line with Kariatari, but quickly lost her when she got in the elipse. I was SO happy for her! :D

I can't believe that I missed this setlist party last night. I bet people went nuts with Crumbs! Unbelievable! :wink:

discothequeLP said:
why do people bitch about our bitching! jesus. . . who cares what we say, really?!

I'm the king of complainers, and after these past 4-5 shows, there's really nothing legitimate to complain about.

They played something from Pop

They played something from Zooropa.

They busted out some rare songs and first timers.

You can't actually expect more from them. They've really delivered on the 3rd leg.

MrBrau1 said:

What really impresses me is that it wasn't a predictable selection - as in Stay - but something completely out of the blue.

Axver said:

What really impresses me is that it wasn't a predictable selection - as in Stay - but something completely out of the blue.

It was probably the third most likely song off the album though on balance, Wanderer, Zooropa, Daddy's, Babyface & Some Days would be all certianally be far less likely.

Numb probably slightly below, Dirty Day & Stay more likely.

But the fact that anything of Zooropa was played is a miracle and proves yet again, that Bono thinks he is Jesus. :wink:

The First Time was unbelievable for me because I love that song in the first place and Bono was standing just a few feet away from me when he sang it.

I also just looked at the clock and realized the concert ended exactly 24 hours ago.

Last edited:
timothius said:

It was probably the third most likely song off the album though on balance, Wanderer, Zooropa, Daddy's, Babyface & Some Days would be all certianally be far less likely.

I disagree. First Time had NEVER been played live before, so debuting it made history. Same applies to SDABTO and Wanderer - though I thought Wanderer's likelihood increased with the passing of Johnny Cash.

I really didn't think anything other than Stay had a snowball's chance in hell.

ramblin rose said:
Maybe we should keep this party alive until the Milwaukee show tomorrow.:wink:

Okay!
I can't believe I couldn't stay up for the whole setlist:sad:
Literally fell asleep at the computer last night..
then the power went off today...:|

But I'm downloading Crumbs now... :hyper:
(don't care if I do fall asleep at work tomorrow:wink: )

:bow: to Crumbs. and the rest of last nights setlist :bow:

Can't wait till tonight :hyper:

zonelistener said:
Bonos shades....where were you in the GA line? :hmm:

I was there at 8 a.m. when they were still marking numbers on everyone's hand. I was 59th in line. When they split the line into the U2.com line and the regular GA line, I got moved into the Target Center lobby along with the other early birds. I didn't get into the ellipse, but I grabbed what appeared to be the very last rail spot outside the ellipse.

MrBrau1 said:

I'm the king of complainers, and after these past 4-5 shows, there's really nothing legitimate to complain about.

They played something from Pop

They busted out some rare songs and first timers.

You can't actually expect more from them. They've really delivered on the 3rd leg.

And that's saying something, coming from the KOC! :wink:

They really have delivered, and it seems like they're having more fun, feeling more comfortable with their performances and enjoying their own catalog. I can't wait to see this leg live!

ramblin rose said:
Maybe we should keep this party alive until the Milwaukee show tomorrow.:wink:

Speaking of the Milwaukee set-list party... is Milwaukee still in the Central Time Zone ? :reject:

Bono's shades said:

I was there at 8 a.m. when they were still marking numbers on everyone's hand. I was 59th in line. When they split the line into the U2.com line and the regular GA line, I got moved into the Target Center lobby along with the other early birds. I didn't get into the ellipse, but I grabbed what appeared to be the very last rail spot outside the ellipse.

I was number 157.

I got my number and ran to my hotel. When I got back..they had split the line. I should have stayed...but I was all dressed up from my plane ride.

I ended up sitting the day just outside of the door on the sidewalk, and stood in the corner on the back rail...three people deep from the elipse. Good spot...but wish it was a bit better (thats just me being a loser though).

zonelistener said:

I was number 157.

I got my number and ran to my hotel. When I got back..they had split the line. I should have stayed...but I was all dressed up from my plane ride.

I ended up sitting the day just outside of the door on the sidewalk, and stood in the corner on the back rail...three people deep from the elipse. Good spot...but wish it was a bit better (thats just me being a loser though).

I had to run back to my hotel too because they told everyone we couldn't bring anything into the lobby with us that we couldn't take into the arena. They said they were going to split the line in 15 minutes and I knew it would take half an hour to walk to the hotel and back, but I didn't know what else to do since I had brought a stadium blanket and a tote bag with a couple of books in it to pass the time. I sort of walked/ran back to the hotel to drop off my stuff. I was all out of breath when I got back. They had just split the line but I explained my situation to the people from the Target Center who were in charge and they let me go into the lobby, where I met up with the people who were in line around me when we were all outside. Whew!

ramblin rose said:
Yes CST, and then 7 days off. This next week off will be brutal.:crack:

Maybe we'll have to keep this party alive for seven days. :|

Utoo said:

With only 230 posts, we've got room to go...:hmm:

Let's see if we can turn this into the party with the most threads!

I'm thinking of making today's thread:

Minneapolis Setlist Watch and Party, Part V - MILWAUKEE!

zonelistener said:
I also wanted to say how GREAT it was to meet up with Schmeg, Kariann, ARW9797, Eep, Stories for Boys, LemonMeregue, WalkRon and Ali Rose after the show.

Great to meet you as well! :wave: Thanks for the drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom