Minneapolis Setlist Watch and Party, Part II - DO NOT POST U2.COM SETLIST!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RavenBlue said:

Exactly. I love putting in either Boston or Slane and cranking Elevation up whilst I bounce about the living room like a goofball!

I'm glad I'm not the only one... Of course i do this when no one is looking at me in my living room:reject:

discothequeLP said:
you gotta be there to appreciate Elevation -- the crowd goes crazy singing along. . . it's really amazing

I've been there five times for Elevation, and I still don't appreciate it.

This tour's version isn't as good as last tour's, and I really see no reason for them to play it when they could be playing better rock songs every night:

I Will Follow
Out Of Control
Gloria
Wire
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Until The End Of The World

...to name a few.

RavenBlue said:
Miri, maybe U2 only get cookin' once you start cookin'?

Or something like that anyway :wink:

:lol:
That certainly was true on Tuesday!!
I almost burnt dinner though, when they played Walk on and Yahweh was early.

RavenBlue said:
Crumbs, crumbs , crumbs. Come on guys, you can do it. Play some Crumby bits :)
I would love to have them play Crumbs, but realistically I have to say that it's not gonna happen. I think the only time Crumbs might get played now will be at one of the 47 NYC shows coming up. Even then I doubt there's much of a chance, maybe 10%.

So has anyone volunteered to receive the call from Gorman in one of these upcoming shows so that he can try and stream the show?

I will probably offer to do it for DC 2.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
There will always be "Elevation" detractors, but it's purely a fun rock song. I've enjoyed it at the 5 shows I've seen them play it live.

I enjoy it, but I really think it's a weak part of the show that could be better. I guess I understand why they play it, but the show could be better if they replaced it.

At least they could rock it out a little harder...I really don't enjoy that slow beginning.

I know people disagree with me, and I'm glad that you all enjoy it so much, so that I know it's not taking away from the show for everyone like it is for me. :)

Zootomic said:

I would love to have them play Crumbs, but realistically I have to say that it's not gonna happen. I think the only time Crumbs might get played now will be at one of the 47 NYC shows coming up. Even then I doubt there's much of a chance, maybe 10%.

47 :lol: I doubt Crumbs will get played either, and frankly I'm beginning to care less and less...the only really great thing about the song is the end, the rest sounds too much like Walk On imo :shrug:

hi RavenBlue :wave:

c´mon guys ..DROP elevation !!! you they wanna people jumping play Even Better ... it´s a good choice:drool:

Cityof blinding lights oh oh oh
There goes my Vertigo
I try for jubilation
All I get is Elevation
And as if you didn't know
It's the Electric Co , echo, echo
Hello, hello
We're by the ocean.

Everyone's gotta think that I'm a dickhead, but I really don't like the Ocean here either, cos it really just stops the rockin' start in its tracks.

knox said:

I enjoy it, but I really think it's a weak part of the show that could be better. I guess I understand why they play it, but the show could be better if they replaced it.

At least they could rock it out a little harder...I really don't enjoy that slow beginning.

I know people disagree with me, and I'm glad that you all enjoy it so much, so that I know it's not taking away from the show for everyone like it is for me. :)

Understood knox, I think that The Ocean is in an odd place myself. Kinda slows the pace down too much. Wish they'd do the 11 O'clock Tick Tock/Ocean thing, that'd make up for the pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom