Milwaukee Setlist Watch and Party, Part II - aka Minneapolis Part VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lila64 said:
Sorry I don't know any of the songs :reject: I'm only 11! You can't blame me! Blame my mom! :shh:

You're only 11????

Wow, thats a good knowledge of U2 for an 11 year old - your mom's is doing something right down there! :)

My boy is 10, he downloaded all the albums onto his xBox so he could listen during Need For Speed LOL

gabrielvox said:

You're only 11????

Wow, thats a good knowledge of U2 for an 11 year old - your mom's is doing something right down there! :)

My boy is 10, he downloaded all the albums onto his xBox so he could listen during Need For Speed LOL

Awesome! :up: My mom has taught me well!

Lila64 said:
How'd my setlist come out?

Seeing IALW last made me run away. :wink:

No, seriously, I could give it the full 'Axver Treatment' if you want.

gabrielvox said:

You're only 11????

That's why we call her Lila94. :wink:

Hey, Maddy, maybe you should get a Maddy94 account just to avoid confusing everyone! :laugh:

gabrielvox said:
Hey did anyone ever come up with a solid setlist of the opening songs? I know they didnt seem to change too much across the 4 Toronto shows...

What do you mean, setlist of the opening songs? There's only been three openers this whole tour ...

Queen Bee said:
SETLIST

1. City of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
4. The Electric Co.
5. The Ocean
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While (snippet)
7. Beautiful Day
8. Miracle Drug
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
10. Love and Peace or Else
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
12. Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America (snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. One / Ol' Man River (snippet)

17. The First Time
18. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
19. With or Without You

20. All Because Of You
21. Yahweh
22. 40

:hmm:

Axver said:

What do you mean, setlist of the opening songs? There's only been three openers this whole tour ...

Nono I mean the stuff that's played over the PA

Someone said U2 wasnt responsible for it...but it seemed to me that it was pretty similar over all 4 TO shows..:shrug:

I should, but I can't. We only have one computer and that means me and my mom couldn't both go to the setlist parties at the same time. Axver, give it the full treatment! I had to stick IALW somewhere! :wink:

So is this "everywhere that U2 plays that starts with an M" thread being kept alive for a week until Boston? Massachusetts qualifies. In fact if it weren't for the Philly shows, this thread could run until Dallas...MA, MSG, MCI Center, Mellon Arena, MI. Later there's MGM Grand, Miami, MSG, MA, MO and Montreal. Lots of "M"s except the one everyone seems to be waiting for...MOFO (well I guess they get half of it in St. Louis).

gabrielvox said:

Nono I mean the stuff that's played over the PA

Someone said U2 wasnt responsible for it...but it seemed to me that it was pretty similar over all 4 TO shows..:shrug:

Ooh!

Can't help you there. I didn't pay much attention at the three Boston shows.

The Finn Brothers had I Wanna Be Sedated by The Ramones at their Brisbane show that I saw in July though! :rockon:

atikicat said:
So is this "everywhere that U2 plays that starts with an M" thread being kept alive for a week until Boston? Massachusetts qualifies. In fact if it weren't for the Philly shows, this thread could run until Dallas...MA, MSG, MCI Center, Mellon Arena, MI. Later there's MGM Grand, Miami, MSG, MA, MO and Montreal. Lots of "M"s except the one everyone seems to be waiting for...MOFO (well I guess they get half of it in St. Louis).

we havent been to bed in a week
we'll be dead soon
we still won't sleep

I gotta go to bed! Axver, give the setlist the full treatment, post it, and maybe I'll come back here tomorrow to see it. Or my mom could tell it to me after she looks over the party threads. It was nice talking to all you guys! See you in a week! :wave:

(and this is for real this time) :wink:

separate topic... great show tonite, just got back to the hotel.. OK so who know what was on the red velvet table that the guys took a picture with before the encore? it had to be some kind of award but not sure what it was.... anyone??

Axver said:

Ooh!

Can't help you there. I didn't pay much attention at the three Boston shows.

The Finn Brothers had I Wanna Be Sedated by The Ramones at their Brisbane show that I saw in July though! :rockon:

My god I never thought I'd say this....but if I hear another Ramones song in a good while I'll likely commit a serious crime...my kid 'discovered' them in the spring...and ever since my greatest hits CD (picture about 40 Ramones songs in a row, 5 or more times per day) has been in steady rotation..

it all bleeds into one long Ramones song after a while :lol:

gabrielvox said:

My god I never thought I'd say this....but if I hear another Ramones song in a good while I'll likely commit a serious crime...my kid 'discovered' them in the spring...and ever since my greatest hits CD (picture about 40 Ramones songs in a row, 5 or more times per day) has been in steady rotation..

That's what it sounded like when I discovered 11 0'Clock Tick Tock and Salome! :lol:

OK, the Axver Treatment of Maddy94's setlist!

I'll let you off easily because it's your first set. Heh, you should see my early stuff. Total rubbish. And of course, there's always the case of transitions that sound good in your head may seem odd to others. I still reckon Bullet --> Love Is Blindness would be sensational ...

1. 11 0'Clock Tick Tock
2. Dirty Day
3. A Sort Of Homecoming
Swap 2 and 3. ASOH works after rockers - see Electric Co./ASOH on the UF Tour. And Dirty Day works better going into a rocker like The Electric Co.
4. Electric Co. (snippet An Cat Dubh)
5. Zooropa
This would only work if it were an abbreviated Zooropa. The long intro doesn't work after something like Electric Co. It was solely played live in abbreviated form, so it could be done.
6. Vertigo (snippet Stories for Boys)
7. Hawkmoon 269
I wouldn't put Hawkmoon after a rocker like Vertigo, especially if you plan on using the live version from Lovetown which had a gorgeous extended guitar intro by Edge.
8. Bad (snippet Digging in the Dirt)
9. Love is Blindness
10. Lady With The Spinning Head
LWTSH is in a really odd spot here. I'd move it so it's after Ultra Violet.
11. Miracle Drug
12. A Man and A Woman
13. Ultraviolet
14. SYCMIOYO
I'd move SYCMIOYO so that it follows WGRYWH. Then I'd change the last three's order: One/PITNOL/THBAO.
15. Gloria
16. WGRYWH
17. PITNOL
18. Two Hearts Beat As One
19. One

-Break-

20. Dischtheque
21. Gone
22. All Because of You
23. Salome
24. Fast Cars
Love the song selection. I'd probably change the order to Discotheque/Salome/ABOY/Fast Cars/Gone though.

-Break-

25. Mofo
26. Yahweh
27. In A Little While (snippet 40)
Definitely need a bridging tune between Mofo and Yahweh. In fact, it'd probably be best to put Mofo in the previous encore and open this one with ABOY.

gabrielvox said:

:lol: Poor you.

Though I must say, I can't help myself - I always repeat The KKK Took My Baby Away a couple of times when it comes on.

Thanks Axver, some songs people suggested I didn't remember how they went so I didn't know where to put them. Thanks though! I tried my best! Actually, I just took the songs and put them in random spots, so no wonder it didn't turn out to well. :lol:

tbird said:
separate topic... great show tonite, just got back to the hotel.. OK so who know what was on the red velvet table that the guys took a picture with before the encore? it had to be some kind of award but not sure what it was.... anyone??
Care to describe the performance? It didn't seem as interesting or long as some recent shows. Of course it's always different when you're actually there.

atikicat said:

:lmao:

I'd laugh if U2 held onto Mofo and didn't debut it until St Louis.

I'd also be depressed as that's the show I'd go to (along with Omaha) if I had just a little bit more cash to afford the trip over the Pacific.

gabrielvox said:

OMG you got taste girl!!!!

SALOME!!!!

Im gonna go dance my ass off right now!!!

:dance: :dance: :rockon:

Thank you! :hug:
You should thank Axver for introducing me to EOCTT. Salome, I think my mom introduced to me, but I really like the songs now. In fact, I'm starting to add Satellite of Love to that streak of songs! :laugh:

Lila64 said:
Thanks Axver, some songs people suggested I didn't remember how they went so I didn't know where to put them. Thanks though! I tried my best! Actually, I just took the songs and put them in random spots, so no wonder it didn't turn out to well. :lol:

Hey, I don't think it turned out too badly at all! I've done much more serious demolition jobs on sets made by people twice your age who've done plenty of sets before.

Originally posted by Axver I'd probably change the order to Discotheque/Salome/ABOY/Fast Cars/Gone though.

can i make a suggestion?

Discotechque
Salome
Fast Cars
Gone
All Because

I have a thing for taking it down a bit but then ending huge..and the guitars I think would work out a bit better...

or swap Gone with ABOY

but definately Salome into Fast Cars....maybe even a segue!

Back
Top Bottom