Mexico City II Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
catlhere said:
Having to listen to it once again, I can kinda tell why :wink:

Not one of my favorites. :uhoh:

I know its not a well loved song, but i kind of like it

Alright.... Can I have some forum advice?

I'm quitting my job, but I dont know how.

I hate the one I am at now, and I found a new one. Hired and everything... I just need to figure out how to quit. Any advice?

I dont really have room for a 2 week notice, more like a weekend (thats what it is, and I cant stand to work there anymore)

So.. Anything helps :)

Zooropa1310 said:

I hate the one I am at now, and I found a new one. Hired and everything... I just need to figure out how to quit. Any advice?

I dont really have room for a 2 week notice, more like a weekend (thats what it is, and I cant stand to work there anymore)

What kind of job is it (the one you are leaving)?

Zooropa1310 said:

just write your boss/supervisor a letter informing them of your plans to leave the company, and tell them your final date of work. that's how i always did it. not because i'm a coward, but because i was afraid i'd tell them something that'd get me fired if i spoke to them in person :giggle:

On the subject of EBTTRT, Jam Jar posted these pictures (found on U2Eastlink) today:

c5ac2c77.jpg

215d4652.jpg

kellyahern said:

What kind of job is it (the one you are leaving)?

I... er... Dance with a sign on the corner of the street. I've been there for SIX months now, and its gotten old. I have made a rep for myself though, local celebrity. I cringe when I have to go out there... I hate life when I have to go out there. 5 hours, one break after 3. Its torture.

Zoo TV Dublin and Popmart are the only things I dance to, something about the energy gives me it :wink:

Harbinger said:
All right.... now there's an interesting challenge: Create a setlist following the basic structure/feel of the Vertigo tour but including all of the songs from a particular album (possibly neglecting some "classics" or hits...

So, for catlhere, I'll do one for the Joshua Tree:

01 Vertigo
02 I Will Follow
03 Trip Through Your Wires
04 Elevation
05 Beautiful Day
06 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
07 City of Blinding Lights
08 Original of the Species
09 Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
10 Exit
11 Love and Peace or Else
12 Sunday Bloody Sunday
13 Bullet The Blue Sky
14 Running to Stand Still
15 Where the Streets Have No Name
16 One

17 The First Time
18 In God's Country
19 Fast Cars
20 With or Without You

21 All Because of You
22 Red Hill Mining Town
23 One Tree Hill
24 Mothers of the Disappeared

Feel free to adjust, and whoever wants to do another one, how about The Unforgettable Fire?

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. The Electric Co.
4. Wire
5. MLK
6. The Unforgettable Fire
7. Beautiful Day
8. Original Of The Species
9. Elvis Presley And America
10. Love And Peace Or Else
11. Indian Summer Sky
12. Bullet The Blue Sky
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. Bass Trap
15. A Sort Of Homecoming
16. Where The Streets Have No Name
17. Pride

18. Until The End Of The World
19. The Fly
20. Boomerang II

21. Crumbs From Your Table
22. Promenade
23. 4th Of July
24. Bad

Oh yeah! :drool:

I like Khan's advice.

With my last job I left very quickly too. I got my current job late on a Friday evening, and they wanted me to start on Monday. I basically called my boss and left her a message saying I was quitting. I had a feeling I was going to get the job, so I had slowly been taking my stuff home with me. My old boss didn't even call me back after I got the new job, which was probably a good thing. I was glad to leave.

Zooropa1310 said:

I... er... Dance with a sign on the corner of the street. I've been there for SIX months now, and its gotten old. I have made a rep for myself though, local celebrity. I cringe when I have to go out there... I hate life when I have to go out there. 5 hours, one break after 3. Its torture.

Zoo TV Dublin and Popmart are the only things I dance to, something about the energy gives me it :wink:

So it's not something that you're going to keep on your resume? :lol:

I think you can just tell them you've found something else and give them a letter like Khan said. It's not like it's a "career" type job or you have a lot of responsibilities. They should expect high turnover with that type of job. Just say "I'm sorry for the short notice, but".

Nice one, Axver!

One thought I've had recently along those lines is as WTSHNN finishes up, bono starts singing ASOH. Not sure if it would work as a set closer, though. Hmm... I will ponder this more as I walk...

Harbinger said:
All right.... now there's an interesting challenge: Create a setlist following the basic structure/feel of the Vertigo tour but including all of the songs from a particular album (possibly neglecting some "classics" or hits...

So, for catlhere, I'll do one for the Joshua Tree:

01 Vertigo
02 I Will Follow
03 Trip Through Your Wires
04 Elevation
05 Beautiful Day
06 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
07 City of Blinding Lights
08 Original of the Species
09 Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
10 Exit
11 Love and Peace or Else
12 Sunday Bloody Sunday
13 Bullet The Blue Sky
14 Running to Stand Still
16 One

17 The First Time
18 In God's Country
19 Fast Cars
20 With or Without You

21 All Because of You
22 Red Hill Mining Town
23 One Tree Hill
24 Mothers of the Disappeared

Feel free to adjust, and whoever wants to do another one, how about The Unforgettable Fire?

I'll do Achtung Baby, cuz im in that kind of mood

1 Vertigo
2 The Electric Co.
3 Even Better Than the Real Thing
4 Until the End of the World
5 New Year's Day
6 Beautiful Day
7 City of Blinding Lights
8 Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
9 Tryin' to Throw Your Arms Around the World
10 Love and Peace or Else
11 Sunday Bloody Sunday
12 Bullet the Blue Sky
13 Miss Sarajevo
14 Pride
16 One

17 Zoo Station
18 The Fly
19 Mysterious Ways

20 Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
21 So Cruel
22 Acrobat
23 Love is Blindness

Zooropa1310 said:

Just give your notice. The practice in my company is that when you give two weeks notice you are asked to leave THAT day, but they still pay you for the two weeks. Sweet! But you have the new job already so it’s not like you’re depending on your old job for a reference. It’s callous but just don’t show up, they legally have to pay you for what time you’ve put so forget them. Besides jobs are overrated. :happy:

kellyahern said:

So it's not something that you're going to keep on your resume? :lol:

I think you can just tell them you've found something else and give them a letter like Khan said. It's not like it's a "career" type job or you have a lot of responsibilities. They should expect high turnover with that type of job. Just say "I'm sorry for the short notice, but".

Well, surprisingly, as soon as I mentioned that I was the sign guy, they REALLY wanted me to work for them (I even had one guy send ane mploy out while I was working because he wanted me to work for him, because of my energy and enthusiasm.) So I may keep it on the resume :wink:

But the weird part is, my Aunt is my boss. Not close, I never really talked to her or consciously met her (I was a baby) until this job.

ThoraSEB said:
I like Khan's advice.

With my last job I left very quickly too. I got my current job late on a Friday evening, and they wanted me to start on Monday. I basically called my boss and left her a message saying I was quitting. I had a feeling I was going to get the job, so I had slowly been taking my stuff home with me. My old boss didn't even call me back after I got the new job, which was probably a good thing. I was glad to leave.
:up:

i look at it this way, when a place lets you go, do they give you notice? nope, you usually get some bs conversation with your manager or someone in hr and an even more bs-filled letter in the mail. why should you do something for them that they wouldn't do for you?

if you list them as a reference and someone calls them in the future, they're just allowed to ask a few basic questions. "when they quit, how much notice did they give?" isn't one of them. :wink:

catlhere said:
And the spanish starts! :blahblah:

HOORAY it's close! -toasts chocolate milX with his posting pals-
:cute:

chocolate milk :drool:

Axver said:

Like A Song was done once. Promenade never. :sad:

I'd love to hear them, they're such excellent songs.

Everyone classes actung baby as a massive experimental time for u2 but the step up in class from war to the unforgettable fire was huge i dont think bono has ever been as expressive or imaginative in his lyrics since the unforgettable fire, promenade, homeoming, bad and my favourite u2 song the unforgettable fire..think that album made them

Zooropa1310 said:

Quit immediately. The 2 week notice is only if you need a good reference.

1. Vertigo
2. Desire
3. Electric Co
4. BD
5. ISHFWILF
6. All I Want Is You
7. City of...
8. Sometimes
9. Hawkmoon
10. Love and Peace
11. Star Spangled Banner -> Bullet
12. Heartland
13. Pride
14. Streets
15. One

16. Freedom for my People -> Silver & Gold
17. Helter Skelter
18. Van Diemans Land
19. WOWY

20. All Along the Watchtower
21. Angel of Harlem
22. When Love Comes... (Love Rescue me snippet)

23. All Because of You
24. God Part II :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

it's hard to tell, but the zootopians believe that Secret Machines are on stage now based on commentaries. Any Spanish speakers here care to help translate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom