Mexico City I Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Utoo said:

Yeah, I knew I was stepping back into the realm of prog when I saw the average song length was like 7 minutes....:wink:

:lol: My first thought on reading that was "7 minutes, not long at all!"

But I'm the guy who thinks Dream Theater's 23 minute long epic A Change Of Seasons is too short. :reject:

(Porcupine Tree have a 40 minute long song, Moonloop. The entire Voyage 34 could be considered one song too, though CD versions index it as four parts. Combined, it's 63 minutes long.)

Awesome! I'll have to check and see..... I got it from my brother-in-law (the guy whose site I sent you)....he's as excited to get people into PT as you are..:wink:

Ah, cool! It's one of my favourite songs on the disc. I rank it something like this:

1. Lazarus
2. Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
3. Deadwing
4. Mellotron Scratch
5. She's Moved On (re-recorded, the original on Lightbulb Sun is called Shesmovedon)
6. Shallow
7. Open Car
8. Halo
9. The Start Of Something Beautiful
10. Glass Arm Shattering

I wish one of Lazarus's b-sides, So Called Friend, had made the album as I think it's great.

thetitans2k said:
Hey everybody. I just got here. Lets hope for some setlist excitment. Are we going to have any audio sources for the 4th leg? Axvers got to do it for us in Australia.

Yep, I'm going to try to be a source for the Aussie shows. No promises that anything will work out, but I'll definitely try.

Axver said:

:lol: My first thought on reading that was "7 minutes, not long at all!"

:lol: That's awesome. :D

Oh, my brother-in-law's into a band (or just a guy, I think) called "Jesu" right now. I haven't heard the music, but he thinks he's awesome.

pattip2000 said:

Crikey! :ohmy:

:wink:

We're thinking of getting an apartment in Courthouse or Pentagon City. We're in a basement apartment in Glover Park (near Georgetown) right now & we've been there for four years----getting way to small for us. All our wedding presents are at Monica's mom's place! :)

Utoo said:

:lol: That's awesome. :D

You can tell I like my prog rock! If you'd checked my last.fm not too long ago, you would've seen I'd just played some Dream Theater tracks, and they have track times roughly like this:

11 minutes, 9 minutes, 12 minutes, 14 minutes, 9 minutes

:drool:

Oh, my brother-in-law's into a band (or just a guy, I think) called "Jesu" right now. I haven't heard the music, but he thinks he's awesome.

Will have to look this band/guy up!

I'm thinking tonight will have a similar setlist to the Monterrey

and the next date in Mexico City will have bigger changes than tonight

:shrug:

Utoo said:

Crikey! :ohmy:

:wink:

We're thinking of getting an apartment in Courthouse or Pentagon City. We're in a basement apartment in Glover Park (near Georgetown) right now & we've been there for four years----getting way to small for us. All our wedding presents are at Monica's mom's place! :)

I’m so jealous Georgetown is such a cool area, Richmond is cool too, but very small and not a real city

LemonMacPhisto said:
I'm thinking tonight will have a similar setlist to the Monterrey

and the next date in Mexico City will have bigger changes than tonight

:shrug:

no please don't tell me this....i'm waiting for new entries in the setlist....like...please and stay.....
if the setlist is like the monterrey one..i go to bed...

pattip2000 said:

I’m so jealous Georgetown is such a cool area

but pricey! We're actually extremely lucky....our 1-bedroom is only $910/month, and we get all utilities, digital cable, the Washington Post when our landlord's done, and a parking space in the driveway! Plus, I "borrow" my neighbor's wireless internet....:shh: In order to get a bigger place, I think we'll probably end up spending 1200-1400/month...even in Courthouse, etc. :(

Hey axver, how would you stream a show live? Do people transfer over a mobile phone while at the show?

Utoo said:

I love Wikipedia. Turns out the original jesu EP was just one guy, but for the first album, he expanded the project into a band.

I also love bit torrent. :drool:

hi khanada :wave:

picture of stadium I believe
mexico_city_azteca2.jpg

Utoo said:

but pricey! We're actually extremely lucky....our 1-bedroom is only $910/month, and we get all utilities, digital cable, the Washington Post when our landlord's done, and a parking space in the driveway! Plus, I "borrow" my neighbor's wireless internet....:shh: In order to get a bigger place, I think we'll probably end up spending 1200-1400/month...even in Courthouse, etc. :(

My mortgage for a 3 bedroom house is less than what you pay now......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom