MERGED --> ZOOTOPIA Forums/U2.com Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MURDO

Babyface
Zootopia: essential maintenance – my arse!

U2.com just doesn't want any more negative messages. The one day you want a forum to work U2.com can't even manage that. And where is my (probably shit) key ring? Interference Rules!

Re: Zootopia: essential maintenance – my arse!

MURDO said:
U2.com just doesn't want any more negative messages. The one day you want a forum to work U2.com can't even manage that. And where is my (probably shit) key ring? Interference Rules!

No kidding......

Oh yeah, the key ring is a joke. The funny thing about it is that it's shaped like a credit card and even has a super-cool place to sign your name on the back.......kinda like my NFL quarterback club card when I was seven years old:huh:

I feel sick. The fact that they've closed Zootopia as well just makes this so pathetic. Well they cant just close their own message board because Im sure there's going to be a hell of a lot of bad publicity elsewhere.

Re: Zootopia: essential maintenance – my arse!

MURDO said:

Yeah, I saw that when I tried to go to Zootopia this afternoon - I was going to post in here about it, but the server was overloaded. I laughed out loud at the "essential maintenace" crap!

I'm not going to discuss motivation, but it is an insult to our intelligence that Zootopia says, "routine maintence" Just say that due to high traffic, the site crashed, and be on with it.

DirtyFrank said:
I'm not going to discuss motivation, but it is an insult to our intelligence that Zootopia says, "routine maintence" Just say that due to high traffic, the site crashed, and be on with it.

But the site probably didn't crash; they just don't want people to talk smack on U2, Ticketmaster, and this whole presale fiasco on their official site.

thousandfold said:

But the site probably didn't crash; they just don't want people to talk smack on U2, Ticketmaster, and this whole presale fiasco on their official site.

This is such a shame that all this had to happen to the BEST BAND IN THE WORLD!!!!!!! I am not giving up on U2, themselves. They are just too awsome for me to do that.

But I can't help but be really dissappointed in thier managements decisions on how this who fiasco was handled.

Bono, Larry, Edge, and Adam....we still love you to pieces....it's your management that needs adjusting.

It goes to show how much we really do love them, when something like this incites so much emotion.

i'm only dl'ing mp3s off of the newsgroups from now on.
my own personal economic boycott...
i'm never buying another release, after supporting the band for 21 years (i bought war new when i was a tender 13 y.o.) i now feel like i'm just lining their pockets... fehhhh....

not to mention joining propaganda, u2.com and the concerts...

Last edited:
Let's flood the Zootopia forum at U2.com

Guys, Zootopia at U2.com seems to be back.

Let's all go there and flood the forum of that damn excuse for a fansite to express our anger.

They can continue to ignore us, but this cannot last for long.

I think that may really defeat the purpose, tempting tho it may be.

We need all the negative press/comments we can get, to force this out into the open.

I think people over there will be just as pissed and just as useful as we are here.

Re: Let's flood the Zootopia forum at U2.com

U2@NYC said:

Let's all go there and flood the forum of that damn excuse for a fansite to express our anger.

would they not just bar us? I mean, knowing that the tickets are going on general sale in 2 days... they'll get a ton of traffic with or without us!

We will get it in the open. But also there.

I have just also e-mailed the Groovevolt article to pollstar.com, a site focused on concerts.

I especially like Saint Marquis' "Corporate Whores" rant on Zootopia - check it out, he's great!

Think its better to just post how dissapointed we are on there

There's pleanty of threads over there at the moment.

Re: Let's flood the Zootopia forum at U2.com

U2@NYC said:

if it will make you feel better, then go ahead, But the posts will not stay up, as the moderators will just delete them. They usually are quik about it too.

Funny huh? That's the only thing that they are very good at.....

Great.. they do not accept any criticism.

I think that we have way too many threads this time to delete them all.

starsgoblue said:
If you notice the rest of the site isn't running...ie.videos and whatnot...I think this was done to try and prevent site crashing...:shrug:

That's what I thought rather than considering it to be some kind of conspiracy. It was kind of funny though, stars, when they put "Zootopia is closed for maintenance" - what a crock! It was obviously shut to accommodate the traffic, so why couldn't they just say that>?:huh: :wink: Gave me a good giggle though!

Last edited:
Well Zootopia is full of enough negative messages now!

How long do you think before we get a reply, I wouldn't hold my breathe with the lack of communication we've had so far from whatever 'team' runs the site.

check out u2.com

People are really expressing their opinions, hopefully something will be done...

Back
Top Bottom