MERGED--> you know this looks EXACTLY like elevation + people comparing tour to last

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:
In terms of setlists, Lovetown was EASILY the most innovative U2 tour. There's no disputing it. That is FACT.

If you want to talk innovation, you'll have a real hard time convincing most of us that Lovetown was more innovative than Zoo TV.

If you're talking variation, on the other hand...

knox said:
You can't throw Streets away, it's a necessary component of a U2 show. I even want them to go back to the red background (though there is a ton of that going on at these shows).

I'll be honest, I could live without One, Pride, Bullet The Blue Sky, and definitely Elevation. I agree that they have a ton of good songs (The Unforgettable Fire, Wire, Exit, Mofo, Last Night On Earth, and Gone, to name a few of my favorites) that they could be playing instead.

Sunday Bloody Sunday sounds better than it did on Elevation, Mysterious Ways is great in the first encore (Until The End Of The World would be phenomenal instead, though), and Bad is my favorite U2 song of all time. I can see why you think that New Year's Day is getting tired, I really think they should play October before it again, it would really breathe some new energy into it -- but again, I'm finding it better on this tour than on Elevation. In fact, the only songs I liked more on Elevation of all the songs that have been played on both tours would have to be Streets and Elevation itself.

I agree with you on With Or Without You.

Also understand that my point of view is that of a recent fan. I've been to four U2 shows in my life, three in the last seven months, and two in the last week, so I haven't seen these songs dozens of times like a lot of people here have. On the other hand, they do have to have a greatest hits *element* to the tour, because casual fans aren't going to want to miss some of their favorite classics, which is why Pride will ALWAYS be played.

Now, let's say you're in charge of the setlist for, say, Saturday's show in Philadelphia. Realistically, what would your setlist be?

Good post. I agree I too only like Streets and Elevation better in 2001. NYD, SBS, Pride and Beautiful day (just to mention a few) have been better this time around for me (3 vertigo shows so far and numerous in 2001)

Back
Top Bottom