MERGED--> When new dates announced? + TUESDAY is the day we'll know

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono said on Monday maybe he could tell us the dates the next day Tuesday!! Today is Thursday?????? What is going on????

Ok, I don't want certain people here to get too excited, but I have heard that *perhaps* at least 2 extra shows will be added to Australia.... an extra for Adelaide and the addition of Perth. This is a "someone said to someone who said to someone who said to me" thing, so if you are from WA please don't go breaking out the champagne or anything. I'll know more tomorrow.

Earnie Shavers said:
Ok, I don't want certain people here to get too excited, but I have heard that *perhaps* at least 2 extra shows will be added to Australia.... an extra for Adelaide and the addition of Perth. This is a "someone said to someone who said to someone who said to me" thing, so if you are from WA please don't go breaking out the champagne or anything. I'll know more tomorrow.

Is there any word on an official announcement yet though Earnie? Any idea? Bono said in the interview 'maybe even tomorrow' meaning Tuesday, Michael Coppel said an official announcement would be made on Tuesday and that was last weekend, so just about everything, so it sounded, had been hammered in place.

I just emailed Coppel about the dates...Here is the reply:

Q: ".....by the way - any word on those November dates?"

A: "Not as yet. Most likely sometime next week at this stage."

The wait continues....

Nick.

KorovaMilkBar said:
I just emailed Coppel about the dates...Here is the reply:

Q: ".....by the way - any word on those November dates?"

A: "Not as yet. Most likely sometime next week at this stage."

The wait continues....

Nick.
:mad:

Thanks for that.

I don't get it. They said the dates are confirmed so why not release them already!

timothius said:
Adeladie over Brisbane. Make sense. :hmm:

And I would be dissapointed then if Wellington weren't tacked in there somewhere.
spelling timmy spelling!

Is it really that big a deal that we dont know exact dates?

We know its gonna be in November......so lets not start going nuts unless we get to December and still have no announcement :wink:

Oh yes, Bono said "MAYBE even tommrow"....he also says a lot of things :wink:

Arcadion said:
It's a big deal to me.

I'm not saying it isnt, Its a big deal for every man and his dog who has a ticket to one of these Final 10 shows.

But we've only known a week that the tour has been delayed, we'll know soon enough

(I guess maybe you have to resechdule your flights/accomadation soon?, than I understand :))

bono_man2002 said:
Is it really that big a deal that we dont know exact dates?

I think it is because if you don't reschedule flights and hotels before a certain cutoff point (say, two weeks before the current reservation), you'll most likely pay a lot more in fees or be SOL.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I think it is because if you don't reschedule flights and hotels before a certain cutoff point (say, two weeks before the current reservation), you'll most likely pay a lot more in fees or be SOL.

Fair enough.

Lets hope from those peoples point of view that this delay is not because they MAY be adding extra shows........

BM2002, I think people are also anxious because so far, its just been Bono saying that they are coming in November, and there is really nothing "OFFICIAL".
I know he is as official as its going to get, but I think once the dates are up, people will feel more relaxed about it being an absolute certainty.

hoppípolla said:

I know he is as official as its going to get

true but actually the information coming from Edge, Larry, Adam, Paul, Ali, Willie, Jake, Rocko, Dallas, AJ, Brian, John, Phil, Stuart, Sam, Joe, a lower level assistant at PM, Bono's chauffeur, hell even the dreaded evil Allison *might* be a tad more credible than Bono:wink:

*bonus points if you are :nerd: enough to know who all those people are

I'll just be glad when the new dates are added

nurse chrissi said:

true but actually the information coming from Edge, Larry, Adam, Paul, Ali, Willie, Jake, Rocko, Dallas, AJ, Brian, John, Phil, Stuart, Sam, Joe, a lower level assistant at PM, Bono's chauffeur, hell even the dreaded evil Allison *might* be a tad more credible than Bono:wink:

I'll just be glad when the new dates are added

Poor Bono, he gets no respect. :(

:wink:

nurse chrissi said:
hell even the dreaded evil Allison *might* be a tad more credible than Bono

Yes, this is the only time I can say that I actually WANT dreaded evil Allison to come out with her bullhorn and yell at us about something

nurse chrissi said:

I know! I know! :hyper: :nerd:

Maybe it's better that they're waiting a bit to announce the dates? It might mean that they're taking extra care to work out the logistics, and possibly to even add more dates. For as long as fans in Australia, Japan, and New Zealand have had to wait, I don't doubt that they're going to put on some of the best shows of the tour for them when they're finally able.

:hug: to those who are affected and still eagerly awaiting word. I know it must be really tough, but I'm confident that good shows will come to those who wait.

I really need them to make a annoncement today on the new dates or i lose alot of money from my hotel booking!!!

What are the chances they will anounce new dates today?

4U2Play said:

Yes, this is the only time I can say that I actually WANT dreaded evil Allison to come out with her bullhorn and yell at us about something

:lmao:

i've had nightmares about the woman. and quite a few suggestions for what she can do with the bullhorn :wink:

Jeffo17 said:
I really need them to make a annoncement today on the new dates or i lose alot of money from my hotel booking!!!

What are the chances they will anounce new dates today?

Jeffo, if they don't announce, is it possible for you to rebook some random dates in November (hey, maybe you will get lucky and they will be the dates) and then adjust the booking again later without too much $ loss?

Pop Artist said:

Jeffo, if they don't announce, is it possible for you to rebook some random dates in November (hey, maybe you will get lucky and they will be the dates) and then adjust the booking again later without too much $ loss?

You may even be able to make an educated guess based on those rumoured Japan dates that were posted on the ticketmaster website last week (not sure what the resolution of that was but I seem to remember it was late November?)

As for me I will be living os by November on a tight student budget so I will have to bequeath my tickets to loved ones, appreciate all the other ways U2 has enriched my life and cross my fingers for the next tour!

I really hope they fix the dates soon. I got a KLM flight planned for 24th. They've been quite understanding but unless I can give them a proper replacement date then they won't allow me to amend the itinery.

Maybe this coming Tuesday ??? we'll know.

Back
Top Bottom