MERGED--> When new dates announced? + TUESDAY is the day we'll know

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With the new arena in Auckland, most of these acts may pop over to NZ - so you may be in luck yet! Oh - and no word on U2 except the tour IS going ahead. No dates have been leaked - or passed my desk... YET!

I wouldnt stress - NZ hasn't ever had a project like the Vector before - better to be delayed than to end up with an acoustically shithouse hall. It does like pretty snazzy though!

Hmm, I've only been in the Superdome to see the Alanis/Garbage double header in 1999. I'm used to Rod Laver Arena here in Melbourne - it's not TOO bad there. Not great though.

Jeffo17 said:
who is going to really remember the support act after U2's concert anyway?

We will still have to put up with it beforehand! - I would be stoked with Kings of Leon like in the US - they are one of my favourites or Franz (another favourite)

Arcadion said:

Good call! A support act that involves a guitar or two... :drool:

I still don't understand this line of thinking.

You'll regret it if you get fucking Spiderbait or something. Some other last second C Grade Australian call up.

wang_chung said:

We will still have to put up with it beforehand! - I would be stoked with Kings of Leon like in the US - they are one of my favourites or Franz (another favourite)

Franz would be cool :yes:

tourist said:
Hi all,

a little birdy told me to keep Saturday Nov 4th free in Brisbane.

SC

Cool....and I know you can't name your 'little birdie' but how have they been able to get access to this information as it seems to have been kept top secret so far....can you tell?

Earnie Shavers said:

I still don't understand this line of thinking.

You'll regret it if you get fucking Spiderbait or something. Some other last second C Grade Australian call up.

I'm no Kanye fan but I was willing to give him a listen at the show for sure. From what I hear, he gives a great live show.

However, I think it's pretty safe to say it won't be Kanye anymore but yes, I agree, Spiderbait or some other second C Grade Australian shite will not be welcome.

Split Enz have set the bar for quality support with Evermore. But for my money anything that's unique in some way is good, even if it isn't my genre. There is nothing worse than waiting for the main act to come out while four twenty somthings play formulaic power chords while mumbling some lyrics. The same goes for solo guys singing try hard love ballads too. :down:

I did push hard for my friend to reveal her sources but with no success. sorry gang. Only trying to strengthen the Oct/Nov theory. She did say it was reliable, if that counts for anything. I wont be eating my hat if its wrong.:huh:

Well as long as they come this year, I will be as happy as houses.

Although the situation isn't the best (sends hugs to Edge and family) its worked out pretty well in my favour, I was going to have to not go to adelaide cause of uni, but now if its a nov run i'll be able to go to all, and quit epossibly will buy a Brissy ticket as well! :D

And Robbie and Madonna :drool: :drool: :drool: I'm looking forward to Summer this year! :D

Originally posted by jonnytakeawalk

No more Kanye West was the only silver lining to come out of this postponement.

don't get too excited. he may come back with them!

Nova just played sound bite from the Denton interview and the B-Man himself said they would be back and said, and I quote - "November"

that's the month of my birthday!
now, I don't have tickets to any of these shows, and live in the midwest of the US...
thanks for the news muneno kodoo!

When New Dates Announced?

I really need to know when the new dates are this week so i dont get a $600 cancelation fee from my hotel. If i can tell them the new dates by this week then i will only get a small fee for changing the dates for my hotel booking.

What are my chances??

They were supposedly being announced today. Nothing so far on the coppel website and Ticketek just says "rescheduled to November".

I really hope they announce them soon and you don't lose your money. That is really sucky that the hotel has said they need the exact dates by this week or you'll lose your money!

Does anybody have any word on what Ticketmaster says....I see what ticketek has on their web site about their tickets...any news from TM??

Does anyone else think that this release makes it sound like Coppel is in charge of the Japan and Hawaii dates too? This is from Coppel's website.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:9th March 2006
U2's Vertigo '06: Final 10 Dates Postponed

It is with great regret that The Next Adventure and Michael Coppel announce the postponement of the final ten dates of U2's Vertigo '06 Tour. This action is unavoidable due to the illness of an immediate family member of one of the band.

The effected dates are listed below."Any fan of U2 will realise that this decision has not been taken lightly', said TNA President Arthur Fogel. 'We will announce further details as soon as we have them."

The affected shows - which are all sold out - are:

March 17 & 18 AUCKLAND Ericcson Stadium
March 21 BRISBANE Queensland Sports & Athletics Centre
March 24 & 25 MELBOURNE Telstra Dome
March 28 ADELAIDE AAMI Stadium
March 31 & April 1 SYDNEY Telstra Stadium
April 4 YOKOHAMA Nissan Stadium
April 8 HONOLULU Aloha Stadium

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was told the Michael Coppel press conference was at 2pm Sydney time, but so far it obviously hasn't happened. Maybe it'll happen within the next hour. If not, I think we can safely say there will be no official announcement until tomorrow.

faithingrace said:
The affected shows - which are all sold out - are:

March 17 & 18 AUCKLAND Ericcson Stadium
March 21 BRISBANE Queensland Sports & Athletics Centre
March 24 & 25 MELBOURNE Telstra Dome
March 28 ADELAIDE AAMI Stadium
March 31 & April 1 SYDNEY Telstra Stadium
April 4 YOKOHAMA Nissan Stadium
April 8 HONOLULU Aloha Stadium

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that last part is just a direct copy from U2.com

I'd say he's only covering the Australian part (and Maybe NZ too)

Back
Top Bottom