MERGED--> When new dates announced? + TUESDAY is the day we'll know

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
neilm said:

I'm hoping the shows come before the end of the year, but if not, I don't care. As long as they come, it's all good.

I think thats the general consensus, so long as we have "first dibs" at their next gigs then it's fine. I'm not one to scream we deserve this, or we are entitled to this, but considering the time and money invested in both getting the tickets and getting to the gigs, I think we do deserve the dates to be fufilled as soon as the band feel comfortable... be that 3 weeks, 3 months, 3 years. If they were to cancel and continue the album/tour cycle as though it never happened, only then would we have somthing to be upset about. But thats not going to happen.

Roll on Denton. :dance:

Last edited:
Does anyone actually know when the Denton interview is going to air? I can't find any reference to Denton or Enough Rope in the TV guide for the next 7 days.

PS - it only took me 3.5 yrs to make my first post here!

Maquaman said:
Thanks for that.

It isn't even on the ABC website http : // www . abc . net . au / tv / guide /

There must have been a commercial ran for it last night, beause i got a text from someone who isnt even a U2 fan saying it was on.

Bono in Sydney said:
I can't see it happening till next summer

too much musical traffic

hey aren't Ponting and Mike Hussey great batsmen

I'm tipping spring.

The only musical traffic playing stadiums are the Stones, and the summer festivals.

Aren't Smith & Gibbs even better batsmen? :drool: :wink:

timothius said:

I'm tipping spring.

The only musical traffic playing stadiums are the Stones, and the summer festivals.

Aren't Smith & Gibbs even better batsmen? :drool: :wink:

As long as they aren't touring in Either August or September I'll be happy :wink:

Only because planning on heading to Dublin around those months, and be staying for up to a month.

That seems like one hell of a Cricket match night

Earnie Shavers said:
My tip is Spring as well.

You could well be right. I think they are going to want to play any rescheduled dates as soon as possible.

Have you not been given any kind of indication of anything definate yet Earnie - you're usually thee man for these occasions!!

Spring would work well for some good support too. We tend to get a decent musical influx come November -> December. Kanye might even be back, he should have a new album out by then. :hmm:

I'm sure he will. He'd have something like a week in between gigs now, and his solo shows sold out in a heartbeat.

And I don't know anything, it's just a really big unknown at the moment. I'm sure post-Denton we'll have a very good idea.

timothius said:

I'd rather see both!

I'm really suprised how long it has taken Kanye to announce new dates though. If he did another Opera House show, I would totally be there.

kanye is going ahead with his shows, i've heard...he's supposed to be in auckland soon.

Originally posted by Maquaman It isn't even on the ABC website http : // www . abc . net . au / tv / guide /

Is now.

http : // www . abc . net . au / tv / enoughrope /

Should be a good interview despite the circumstances.

So is it noon on Monday there already? Has the interview already taken place and it will air later tonight? Or will it air live but without a studio audience?

ramblin rose said:
So is it noon on Monday there already? Has the interview already taken place and it will air later tonight? Or will it air live but without a studio audience?

Its probably about to take place within now and the next 2-3 hours.

Airing in about 9 hours time from now.

Sept/Oct is looking full too now - word here at Ticketek is we will see stadium tours from Red Hot Chili Peppers (looks like the BDO headlining may not happen), Metallica, Robbie Williams and Madonna in the third quarter. Elton John, Queen and Bily Joel are also tipped for Oct/Nov/Dec - looks like another bumper concert season! Yay!

edited - sorry - third and fourth quarter. Third quarter is july/aug/sept and even Metallica arent that hardcore to play outdoors in that weather.

Last edited:
thatsnotmypuppy said:
Sept/Oct is looking full too now - word here at Ticketek is we will see stadium tours from Red Hot Chili Peppers (looks like the BDO headlining may not happen), Metallica, Robbie Williams and Madonna in the third quarter. Elton John, Queen and Bily Joel are also tipped for Oct/Nov/Dec - looks like another bumper concert season! Yay!

Very very cool! I would see all of those artists. Australia seems to be getting a good run of acts now. A few years ago nothing good would come here... now i have to choose. Bad thing is, im savig for a bass and a trip to New Zealand :(

Back
Top Bottom