MERGED --> what is going on with ETS? + Screwed Again - Now By Ets!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharky

New Yorker
what is going on with ETS?

So my fiance and I decided to bite the bullet and buy GA tickets for the Garden from ETS. Extra money but a guarateed ticket....or so we thought. ETS just sent us an email saying they are aware of problems experienced by fans and therefore gave up their GA tickets to the band. What the hell is this about? I thought maybe the Ticketmaster issues were out of the band's hands, they couldn't do anything about it. But now U2 is asking for tickets back, thereby taking away another possible outlet for fans to get the coveted GA seats? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? WHAT KIND OF BAND DOES THIS TO ITS FANS?

this is mentioned in the news release from u2.com. they realize the system was abused and were going to demand back tickets from scalpers who abused it.

mkdominatr said:
this is mentioned in the news release from u2.com. they realize the system was abused and were going to demand back tickets from scalpers who abused it.

BUT ETS is an official whatever for the band.

For the fifth consecutive tour, Irish superstars U2 have appointed The Event Transportation System (ETS) as their Official Worldwide Tour & Travel Operator.

skjuls said:

BUT ETS is an official whatever for the band.

For the fifth consecutive tour, Irish superstars U2 have appointed The Event Transportation System (ETS) as their Official Worldwide Tour & Travel Operator.

maybe so but they werent in the deal with ticketmaster were they? therefore its unofficial i assume

mkdominatr said:

maybe so but they werent in the deal with ticketmaster were they? therefore its unofficial i assume

I don't think U2 would let ETS say they were official if they were not!

www. .com

I saw ETS staff on the last tour. Those people go to each show. At the Indy show, I remember them having official Elevation badges as well.

No this is official. There are tickets set aside specifically for ETS by the band's management. The email I received said they were asked to give back their allotment of GA seats but you can still get gold circle and regular arena seats.

Which leads me to another question: who exactly is going to be in the GA section? Can't the band give up the free tickets for B list actors, label muckedy mucks in suits and Chelsea Clinton's boyfriend in exchange for helping out the fans?

THIS SHIT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY. I AM SO TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT THIS TOUR AND TICKETS.

I had GA ticket options for the NJ show but turned them down because stupid me thought I'd be able to get them for NY. Well of course we didn't get shit for NY and we decided (One4U2 and I) to get GA from ETS and now I can't do that. I swear, getting tickets for this tour is going to be the death of me.

you and me both. we might as well just start digging a mass grave for ourselves now.

Oh, or we can go see Unforgettable Fire!!!! Same difference right? [no offense, Tony]

I spoke with the ETS representative at length about the issue. A couple of highlights (or lowlights as the case may be ).

- She made it sound as if ETS had decided independantly to release their held tickets "for the sake of the tour and the band". She emphasized over and over how it was for the fans.

- They were happy to upgrade you to a Seat for $270.00.

- She didn't know what was going to happen to the tickets. I asked specifically if they would be rereleased for presale or for the general onsale. She could only say that they didn't have any tickets until the onsale on Saturday anyway, so she assumed that they would go back into the pool for the general onsale.

- She did not think there would be GA's available to ETS after the onsale either.

My take? The promoters recalled the tix. Whether it is an attempt to free up more GA's for the onsales to quelch the "uprising of sorts" is up for debate.

I understand the motivation and hope there is good will behind it, but it is just another broken promise. How much more of this are we to put up with?

I didn't buy seats with after my presale code was reset because I had GA's through ETS I thought. Well, so much for that.

And the hits keep on coming. It is remarkable that there is NO comment from Principle and Ticketmaster or really U2 regarding this matter.

Getting more disillusioned by the day.

Thanks U2! You just screwed me over twice in the same week! Not only was my $40 membership card worth squat but then I was willing to swallow my pride and use ETS. I gave them my credit card info and they assured me I had 4 GA tickets at $165 each! Then WHAM, I get an e-mail today saying they were recalled and I have nothing.

Geez, will U2 only be satisfied if I go on ebay and pay $2,000 for 2 tickets? F%#$ this. I don't need to be treated like this. Just pure disrespect.

I too spoke with someone from ETS..He told me the GAs were taken back specifically from the band b/c of what happened on U2.com, I hope they are doing the RIGHT thing and re-releasing them for the presales...... :|

Who knows? Maybe some of the ETS tickets got on ebay. It's apparent now that tickets found their way into the wrong hands. On the upside, maybe some of these scalpers who thought they would be able to fill ebay orders will get screwed.

Yeah, but what about normal people who just wanted tickets. I have never sold a ticket over face value in my life, especially to U2 shows, because I foolishly believed that U2 was about something more than money. How wrong I was.

Screwed Again - Now By Ets!!!!

Now ETS is making us give up our GA tickets to give back to U2.com...now have to fork over an extra $120.00 to get lower level seats.

Like they say, "If you're ever in prison...don't bend over to pick up the soap in the shower."

Anything else, guys???

Let me get this straight, U2 were evil for not releasing enough GA tickets so every single fan could be on the floor. Now, they're reclaiming GA tickets so more will be available for the sale Saturday, and they're still evil?

The dumbasses will put the tickets into the general sale so more fall into the hands of brokers. Who is more likely to get good tickets from TicketBastard, an average fan who maybe once or twice a year uses it, or a broker? I would bet money on the broker who know all the tricks in the system from familiarity of the system. Why can't they do it like Pearl Jam did it? Print your dam name on the ticket and if you don't have a photo id with your name on it, you don't get in. No more ebay, no more scalpers, no more 10 times the price of tickets in a secondary market.

God U2 are SOOOOOOOO stupid. Like the average fan has a shot at the tickets in the regular sale. TicketMaster will sell them to other, non-official brokers and we'll have to pay $500 or more apiece for them. I can't wait for the self-congratulatory news item about this on U2.com.

Jeeezus.

I also bought from ETS.

You folks who are complaining obviously didn't listen to what they told you when you bought. They were only taking 'advanced reservation requests'. Credit cards were not being processed until Saturday, and you didn't actually make an 'order'. When I heard the news, I called, and they offered to get me a top priced reserved ticket for an additional $ 120.00 each. Basically just the price of the ticket. They are obviously losing money here, so I think they are helping out U2, the fans and the tour structure.

Yeah, it sucks that they can't give the people who reserved with them GA tickets. But, they are obviously trying to save face. The band fucked up, and yes, it appears that they are taking back tickets from those who had 'holds' or whatever you call it. I'd blame U2. Not ETS. If you think their prices are bad, check out the scalpers who were/are on eBay. $800.00 each for GA at Madison Square Garden. Those are the people you should be complaining about.

They are totally official. Check out their web site. They have done every U2 tour since The Joshua Tree.

well said. The trump goes to the fanclub not ETS. unfortunately b/c of what happened, this is probably a last resort. At least they are willing to do it and obviously working to save face here for those that paid the $40 membership, which comes first?

what do you think? I think this is fair. unfortunate, but fair.

Guys, calm down. There was an announcement on U2.com saying members who didn't get tickets would be contacted with info on how to get them. They apologized. Now they are reclaiming GA tickets. I may be wrong, but it seems like they are trying to work out a way to fix this mess.

Yeah, the band fucked up big time in using TM and in not setting a limit for registrations based on available supply...but before you automatically assume they are trying to screw you even worse (even though there is no profit for them in reclaiming the GA tix, they just enjoy bad publicity and pissing off their fans!), why don't you see what their plan is and give them a chance to fix it?

Some of you people who think you are all entitled to GA at opening night because you've been a fan for blahblahblah are really getting on my nerves.:huh:

(And Im not an ass-kisser either...U2 put their name on it, and I hold them accountable. Now they need to make it up.)

I just got off the phone with ETS
295 for Gold or 200 level seats
379 for platinum or 100 level seats
this is for the chicago shows
No GA the band/PM requested them to go into the general presale due

Info that we already know but I thought that I would pass along the prices

I think those who did not get tickets through the presale will probably be receiving tickets from U2 via propaganda style. Except instead of sending you a letter asking where would you like the seats, they will e-mail you this information. Granted you will need to NOT have used your access code. In other words, people who have not used their access code will be the ones contacted. Everyone else will have to go with what they have. Have a little faith. Maybe those who did not buy will get access inside the spiral thing a ma jig.

WTF?!?!?!? Is there no END to this crap! I booked a GA package through ETS and they assured me I would have my GA tickets and gave me an order confirmation number! I have received NO email.

I will be calling them tomorrow and if I don't have my GAs, I am cancelling! :sad: I KNEW it was too good to be true. That's why I haven't been jumping up and down even though I supposedly had my order.

:censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom