MERGED --> VH1 All Access: U2 + VH1 All Access Viewers Be Warned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder what Paul M meant about the shows going until 2006? It sounds like there are going to Mex, Aust. but why would they tell an american audience about " good news for u2 fans" 2006?:ohmy: Outdoor?

I think it would be stadiums. one night stops 70-80thousands people. With cheaper ticket prices.:hyper:

It wasn't a bad special considering it was on VH1. I wasn't really expecting something in depth from them.

Apparently Bono wasn't joking about getting really nervous before a show. It seemed pretty true in the part when Adam was standing behind him and Bono suddenly realized he only saw Larry and Edge in front of him. His voice seemed almost panicky when he said 'Where's Adam!'. Then Adam strolls around in front of Bono with kind of a 'calm down, I'm right here' air about him.

I enjoyed the part about Edge and his guitars, and how he has all the different sounds on that thingy :wink: I also liked when Bono kept swearing and Edge said "this isn't the Playboy Channel"

It was great to see how nervous they still get

My favorite part is when bono keeps calling the The Edge "the Edge". it sounds so funny and when he says it, he knows it sounds funny and has a little wry smile. I always figured he'd call him "Edge". but not "The Edge"

Zoovation said:
Did anyone record the VH1 Show?

It'll probably run again, check the schedule on their website.

Did anybody else notice the quick shot of the setlist -- in between two songs it said "Fog Thingy" -- I found that rather humorous -- maybe it's just me, but it reinforced that they are ultimate professionals but find a way to not take themselves so seriously.

Who the hell edited and put this show together? It had a few cool parts, especially Edge with his guitars. Pretty cool how he has a sound stored for every U2 song. Overall though that show could have been so much more with an hour time slot. Did anyone else notice Edge going into Crumbs at the Mexico rehersal?

I watched it, taped it, and loved it! But yes, an hour isn't enough for this.

But, I gotta question...

i taped it on ablank DVD-R with my DVD player/recorder, and now when i try to play it on my laptop's DVD player, it wont play at all. says "D: drive inaccessible".

It isn't the DVD or the player... it happens on any of the DVD-R's I'll try to play on there. it plays OK on the DVD player on my TV where I originally taped it though.

Any idea of what I should do? or is it just that my dvd player just doesnt play this type? which makes no sense, because I play dvd's on here all the time. no blank dvd's which were taped over... but usually ones like movies and such i bought.

any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

i guess in the meantime i can only watch this on my DVD player and not on my lappy. :-(

Last edited:
Overall the show was pretty lame. Even some of the rehearsal footage had the studio version of the song overdubbed.

dopper said:
Even some of the rehearsal footage had the studio version of the song overdubbed.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show, except for what you mention above, that really bugged the hell out of me.

did anyone else think that the "friend" with the ring of ashes looked like Carey Lowell? I thought it was and since Richard Gere was there it could have been her. Just wondering...

ramblin rose said:

I thoroughly enjoyed the show, except for what you mention above, that really bugged the hell out of me.

Yeah, that and the way they were showing the lines of people going inside for the Anaheim show and they spliced in footage of people's feet walking across the grass toward the Brooklyn Bridge show. That just looked weird. :huh:

Other than those small things, I thought it was pretty good.

Did anyone notice that Edge had "Bad" on his box thingie??? I'm hoping they throw that one in one night! :hyper:

thesuburbskill said:

omg her voice annoyed the sh*t out of me!! who the hell was that boob?!

I have no idea... but this woman narrates pretty much every single show on VH1 these days. Her voice (and the way she says things) just grates on my nerves. Ugh!

Anyhoo... I'm glad they finally answered the Willie Williams "comb your hair" question. I didn't know they were doing that at shows (at least, I haven't read a review yet where someone mentioned it... Hmm)

Numb1075 said:
My favorite part is when bono keeps calling the The Edge "the Edge". it sounds so funny and when he says it, he knows it sounds funny and has a little wry smile. I always figured he'd call him "Edge". but not "The Edge"

I think he actually does just call him "Edge," but used "The Edge" just for the show & other public appearances, kinda to be funny. Ah, Bono humor!

forty said:
Anyhoo... I'm glad they finally answered the Willie Williams "comb your hair" question. I didn't know they were doing that at shows (at least, I haven't read a review yet where someone mentioned it... Hmm)

I haven't read this whole thread, so maybe it's already been posted, but how was that answered?

Axver said:

I haven't read this whole thread, so maybe it's already been posted, but how was that answered?

There are hidden cameras in placed in the arena that are capturing the audience. I got the impression the cameras are placed around the ellipse, but I'm not sure.

It makes sense now why they had those signs posted all over the San Diego arena saying that you could be filmed and by entering the arena you were giving your permission for that film to be used.

Axver said:

Apparently they will install - or have installed, I have no idea - small surveillance cameras in the arena. In the special, they showed Willie looking at a whole bunch of little TV screens on a computer and he says, "Using digital data capture, we can shoot little movies of members in the audience."

:shrug: However, that was pretty much it. They didn't address how it was going to be used during a show. Maybe they haven't tried it out yet? Because I can't recall any concert reviews where they mentioned something like that.

Last edited:
forty said:

They didn't address how it was going to be used during a show. Maybe they haven't tried it out yet? Because I can't recall any concert reviews where they mentioned something like that.

My guess is that it's for future dvd use......

The videos are used during one of the songs during the show.. I can't remember for the life of me what song it was.. but I saw it at San Jose. They show people on the big screens and then the video of the people get smaller until it turns into Bono on the screen. Man this is really hard to describe to people! lol

dezmaas said:
Australia, South America, Asia probably.

Does anyone remember the $5 ticket to Sun Devil Stadium during The Joshua Tree/Rattle and Hum taping?

U2 is worth so much more, but if tickets were $5, then I could by an extra for more room to dance around:yes:

Back
Top Bottom