MERGED-->Vertigo DVD release date DISCUSSION

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dezmaas

Acrobat
Vertigo DVD release date in the Netherlands

I thought it was released here also on Monday but I heard adverts on the radio saying it will be released on the 11th. Can anyone confirm this? I'll be straight down to Media Markt in the morning if true!!! :drool:

I just got an e-mail from the store that the release date is postponed by the record company to tuesday the 15th here in the Netherlands.

If that's true the DVD won't be in the stores tomorrow or this weekend.

OpperGoeroe said:
I just got an e-mail from the store that the release date is postponed by the record company to tuesday the 15th here in the Netherlands.

If that's true the DVD won't be in the stores tomorrow or this weekend.
What store is this? Free Record Shop and Van Leest are STILL saying 11 november on their sites...

Neilz said:

What store is this? Free Record Shop and Van Leest are STILL saying 11 november on their sites...
Bol.com, I call tomorrow the Free Record Shop, maybe they'll have it, most of the time the record company rules are not the rules of the FRS :)

This was the e-mail I got:
Beste klant,

Onlangs heeft u de DVD ‘U2 - Vertigo Live In Chicago (2 DVD)’ bij ons besteld
met bestelnummer: xx.

De releasedatum van deze titel is echter door de muziekmaatschappij uitgesteld naar dinsdag 15 november.
Zodra we de film binnen hebben, sturen we deze direct naar u op.

Onze excuses voor het ongemak.

Met vriendelijke groet,

bol.com Klantenservice

Hi,

Just bought it today at the Free Record Shop. Go get it!

Regards,
Elmer

Well it may be the Free Record Shop, but it isn't free.. Cough up 19,99 euros and it's yours.

Regards

Nope, for the 1DVD version. I don't care much for the extras. Didn't see the 2DVD version also, by the way.

Grtz

Last edited:
My sister-in-law lives in the Netherlands (I lived there for 13 years (groetjes aan alle nederlandse leden van Interference) and live back in the states now) and she told me she'd heard tomorrow, November 11. Maybe it was changed by the manufacturer. She was already gloating that she would be able to pick it up before me, but we'll see about that! We were both at the shows that were taped, I'm so psyched!!!!

Mavvie said:
The non deluxe version is available now (11 November) but the deluxe version will be available the 15th. Or at the dvd release party (13th stairway to heaven, utrecht).
What's your source? I just called the local Free Record Shop and the single disc version is available right now... They are expecting the double disc version to be in before the afternoon!

dezmaas said:
Yes FRS and Van Leest as expecting deliveries of 2 x DVD version today.
Van Leest told me (over the phone) that they will receive the double disc versions 15 november...

Free Record Shop still haven't received them today but haven't heard anything about the delay till 15 november...

I guess it will be tuesday afterall... Weird to release the single disc version friday and the second disc version on tuesday...

UK Fans: DVD available today @

Borders... at least my local borders, and it's the delux set.

Tonight is my only free night for about 10 days so i really wanted to get the DVD today and watch it tonight.. no luck with HMV or Woolies but I tried Borders in Kingston on the off-chance and they have it !! HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!

Yes, the Double-DVD was also released yesterday in Germany. The problem is that a lot of stores don't have it because it was delivered in small quantities. Universal had problems with the production of the DVD so that the Double-DVD is very limited for the moment. On Monday, most of the stores will have it.
I bought the Double-DVD for only 21.87 euros in Luxembourg this morning. The Single DVD was at 17.99 euros.

Back
Top Bottom