MERGED --> UK tickets - arriving at last! + My London ticket just arrived + Glasgow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
stevec said:
Petrol at the ready chrissy!! :wink:

tell me about it!

these guys are hellish to deal with, i though pearl jam were being pretentious when they protested against TM in the 90's, now i'm with em all the way!!!

If i ever have to deal with them again it will be too soon. The independant retailers like seetickets are far far better, if i end up with more Manchester tickets they can pay for my train and accomodation to Cardiff.

I'll be on watchdog with a bottle of gin chainsmoking....

Cardiff tickets arrived this morning!!
however i have a sneaking suspicion they are not the GA tickets i ordered as they have no barcode on. They also say 'unreserved seating and pitch access'. can anyone confirm for me these are GA?

thank God for that! :crack:
no barcode on the tickets tho - looks like no lottery in Cardif, which is strange considering that as far as im aware the other UK GA tickets all have something to scan...

:yikes: Where the fook are my Hampden tix?!? It's less than 3 weeks now to the gig!!!! Any other miserable bastards out there, still waiting for their Scottish tickets? :(

I got my tickets through the SECC box office and I phoned them today. They told me that they were still waiting to receive the tickets from the promoters.

CARDIFF, Ticketmaster website now says this -

All standing tickets have been dispatched
Seated tickets are currently being processed

Last edited:
SoCalMusicLover said:

I was able to get See Tickets to agree to sending the tickets to me at the hostel I'll be staying at in London. If you are planning to arrive before the show, you may want to try that. The only thing they say is that someone would need to be wherever they're sent, to sign for the envelope.

Unfortunately, I will be arriving at 7pm the night before... and they said they don't post to university addresses. Hopefully they'll open the box office early like theyre doing in London. Thanks for the help, though

my cardiff are Gate2 C1

No bar code, I dont think theres gonna be a fan club queue this time around, all 3 of my uk dates are pre-sale.

looks like the fan club tickets get you into the stadium nearer the stage, as mine are gate 6, which is right at the opposite side of the stadium!

My Hampden tix say 'GA1 627 Enter Via Turnstyles 50-69' and they DO have a barcode.

???

Aaw hell I'm just glad I've got them at last :wink:

Any Hampden officianados know where turnstyles 50-69 are in relation to North, South, East and West stands?

stevec said:
My Hampden tix say 'GA1 627 Enter Via Turnstyles 50-69' and they DO have a barcode.

???

Aaw hell I'm just glad I've got them at last :wink:

Yeah...if the barcode is freaking you out too much, you can send them to me and I'll get ticketline to mail you mine. :grumpy:

:wink:

:no:I dunno Steve, I heard that the tix with barcodes are often counterfeits. Send them to me and I'll check 'em for ya...:D

Hmmm maybe you've got a point there Corner, let me just get an envelope and...

heeeeeeeyyyyy waitaminnit!!!! :eyebrow:

Where the hell are they. Anyone else still waiting for Manchester seating? I need them in the next couple of days or I'm not going to have time to trade them. COME ON!

Ive got my tickets for the 14th today, hooray..

Beware if you've got them from see tickets, because they use a courier called SMS, who get really bad reviews. I put a big sign on my front door saying 'Special Mail Services, there IS somebody in the house.' because the excuse they often use is that they get no answer..

If you live in the UK and need to get through to SMS (i had to call them twice to re-arrange delivery dates after they didnt turn up) , call 0870 950 1760 and choose option two (it's actually an american embassy number but it still gets you through) they take about 5 mins to answer

Im so excited Im going to be sick.

Ellay said:
Ive got my tickets for the 14th today, hooray..

Beware if you've got them from see tickets, because they use a courier called SMS, who get really bad reviews. I put a big sign on my front door saying 'Special Mail Services, there IS somebody in the house.' because the excuse they often use is that they get no answer..

If you live in the UK and need to get through to SMS (i had to call them twice to re-arrange delivery dates after they didnt turn up) , call 0870 950 1760 and choose option two (it's actually an american embassy number but it still gets you through) they take about 5 mins to answer

Im so excited Im going to be sick.
You feel sick! at least you've got yours, the waiting is horrendous ............i don't think i can take much more :no: :crazy:

SEETICKETS are gangsters. why can't they just use royal mail registered like everyone else?
i am in ireland and got a mail just yesterday saying they wont post them overseas as they've been getting lost!!
doesn't inspire confidence.
fortunately they will send to my sister in UK instead.
the fact is the queue for ticket collections on the day WILL be chaotic and will wreck your chances of getting your spot. i wouldn't trust them.
just another bunch of crooks making easy money for nothing

Princey said:
looks like the fan club tickets get you into the stadium nearer the stage, as mine are gate 6, which is right at the opposite side of the stadium!

My Cardiff ticket was fan club purchased and is also Gate 6 Entry A1. Not really sure what to deduct from this then, but at least its finally arrived :happy:

When see tickets were wayahead they just used to use royal mail..

it was a lot easier, because if you werent in, you just picked them up from your local depot.

I am not sure if the fan club tickets are closer to the stage.
As on the other site forum most of the people on there have gate B and K for Manchester - granted Gate B looks great but K not so good... I have gate P which to see seems no better then K and I did not get mine though the pre sale....... My sister is a fan club member as well and TM kept crashing when we were trying to book so I ended up going with Seetickets

It is all confusing :)

Lisa

lisa2004 said:
I am not sure if the fan club tickets are closer to the stage.
As on the other site forum most of the people on there have gate B and K for Manchester - granted Gate B looks great but K not so good... I have gate P which to see seems no better then K and I did not get mine though the pre sale....... My sister is a fan club member as well and TM kept crashing when we were trying to book so I ended up going with Seetickets

It is all confusing :)

Lisa

Will it matter which gate you go in anyway, From what I remember about popmart at wembley, whichever gate you went through, once you got out onto the pitch, you could go just about anywhere you wanted to, or am i wrong about that?

I think the gates that are closer to the stage will give the folks with GA tix a slight advantage in rushing to the front.

So which gates are closer/closest to the stage?

edit:
For Manchester I mean.

Last edited:
reggiethedawg said:

My Cardiff ticket was fan club purchased and is also Gate 6 Entry A1. Not really sure what to deduct from this then, but at least its finally arrived :happy:

guess ill be racing you to the front when we get let in then! :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom