MERGED --> UK tickets - arriving at last! + My London ticket just arrived + Glasgow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ours have arrived for Manchester!!

I dont see why there wont be seperate lines, pre sale tickets from u2.com should get in first otherwise whats the point? I cant understand why this hasn't been happening in the States for the concerts with pre sales or did it on the last show? I cant remember I have concert overload at the minute and they havent even got here yet!!!:wink:

Last edited:
Ellay said:
Seetickets tell me they'll arrive for the 14th in manchester no sooner than ten days before
Ya i got my Manchester 15th on seetickets they better not be a dodgy bunch. i'm flying over on 14th so they'd want to be in Ireland by 13th.

jezh said:
My tickets say "Enter By Gate B"...

I just took a look at the stadium plans - Gate B is on the north end of the Stadium nearest to the stage.

I wonder whether all the pre-sale tickets are Gate B?

Yep my presale tickets for Manchester are also Gate B. I think you're right, probably all the presale ticket holders will line up there.

As for scanning for the elipse (if there is one). How many people will a stadium sized elipse hold? Are they really going to scan every ticket?

Maybe so but I'm still crossing my fingers for a first come first served method.

Jody said:

Yep my presale tickets for Manchester are also Gate B. I think you're right, probably all the presale ticket holders will line up there.

As for scanning for the elipse (if there is one). How many people will a stadium sized elipse hold? Are they really going to scan every ticket?

Maybe so but I'm still crossing my fingers for a first come first served method.

I'm with you on that, it's one thing scanning an arena floor that can maybe hold 3000-5000 people, but a stadium floor can hold anywhere up to 12,000, it'd just take far too long to scan every ticket. I hope it's first come first serve as well.

I am still awaiting my tickets for Manchester - I got them through See tickets in the general sale.

Do all the tickets say "enter by Gate B" then for GA or do some say different......

I am thinking that they might not do a lottery as we are not even sure if they are doing an Elipse in the UK

Lisa

lisa2004 said:

Do all the tickets say "enter by Gate B" then for GA or do some say different......

Lisa

I doubt they would let all GA holders in the same gate. Don't know though, just hoping.......

I haven't got my tickets yet (but then I only bought them off TM this morning!) but my confirmation email says 'enter by gate P' which is at the far end of the stadium:(

Rich

I got my tickets from See Tickets and the email conf doesn't have any gate entrance on it - I did get them by 10-11 ish on the first day they went on sale though.....

Where is there a plan of the stadium that shows all the entrances - I can't find one.....

Guess - we will all be running like the wind then!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Lisa

richclarkson said:
I haven't got my tickets yet (but then I only bought them off TM this morning!) but my confirmation email says 'enter by gate P' which is at the far end of the stadium:(

Rich

Hey - at least ur seeing em' mate!!:wink:

jezh said:
My tickets say "Enter By Gate B"...

I just took a look at the stadium plans - Gate B is on the north end of the Stadium nearest to the stage.

I wonder whether all the pre-sale tickets are Gate B?

Shorter lines and a shorted distance to the stage....

Plus does anyone know wether there's going to be a lottery for GA in the UK gigs? I had heard they are using the lottery system for the Croke gigs.
maybe we get to go into the first part. infront of the stage before the first crowd barrier?

KUEFC09U2 said:
maybe we get to go into the first part. infront of the stage before the first crowd barrier?

I think that it will be first come first serve - all the gates will open at the same time but if you booked your tickets in pre sale or when the general first went on sale then you get to get into the stadium closer to the stage........

I got mine off Ebay and am now panicking as I am a massive U2 fan and we are going to get to the gig v v early so to get a good spot but it could be that it is all in vain if we have to enter through Gate P......

Also a mate secured a ticket when TM decided to put more tickets on sale and she is coming up from Surrey with us - I bet she is entering through a different enterance

Lisa

i got manchester 15th through general sale and 14 through pre-sale....theres no difference in them whatsoever....both are gate b....i too am still awaiting cardiff so dont panic.....looks like they may send them out in order of the gigs.....

Got mine this morning, Gate E, Twickenham Stadium!!

Anyone who has GA, just wondering -is there a barcode on your ticket or something which could be scanned ie. for an ellipse lottery? Just wondering as if not this could give us an idea as to how they intend to sort out people queuing for GA in this respect. My ticket doesnt but im guessing thats cos its a seated ticket, right?

TheEdge1987 said:
Anybody recieved Twickenham 18th June GA tickets yet? Did these tickets have to be signed for?

Got my tickets for Twickenham 18th June (seated though) today!! Was starting to get a little nervous but the wait is over. As for souvenir tickets, they're nothing special to look at :( Still, got them locked away until gig day!!

chrissybaby said:
i got manchester 15th through general sale and 14 through pre-sale....theres no difference in them whatsoever....both are gate b....i too am still awaiting cardiff so dont panic.....looks like they may send them out in order of the gigs.....

Out of interest - how long ago did you book your tickets, we booked ours the day they went on GA.......

On a better note - Twickenham seated tickets arrived today - for the 18th :) :)

Lisa

still waiting for my tickets here for Manchester (14th) and Glasgow (21st).

Getting a bit nervous now that people already have them for some dates I have also booked for.

As for this lottery system. Personally, I am hoping that it is in place. Taking my girlfriend to her first ever U2 gig (be the 5th and 6th for me) but have to travel from the North East and can't set off first thing as she's a teacher and so not too easy to just take time off.

lisa2004 said:

Out of interest - how long ago did you book your tickets, we booked ours the day they went on GA.......

On a better note - Twickenham seated tickets arrived today - for the 18th :) :)

Lisa

booked ga's day they came on general sale
booked pre-sale the very minute they came on sale....!
ahhhh the memories...

hopefully you should have yours by now.:wink:

Manchester venue

lisa2004 said:
I got my tickets from See Tickets and the email conf doesn't have any gate entrance on it - I did get them by 10-11 ish on the first day they went on sale though.....

Where is there a plan of the stadium that shows all the entrances - I can't find one.....

Guess - we will all be running like the wind then!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Lisa
here is the venue map for man city stadium, I hope this helps? (that's if I've managed to copy it correctly, not very good with computers) I am still waiting for my tickets from seetickets.com. can't wait::drool:

http://media.ticketmaster.co.uk/en-gb/tmimages/venue/maps/uk1/uk11832a.gif[/IMG]

Last edited:
I think seetickets.com like to make people sweat because every other ticket agency has sent out there supply or thats how it looks to me or am i getting paranoid?
I also noticed on the plan for the city of Manchester stadium that they have numbered seats all the way round even at the rear of the stage just like the first leg of the tour. :eyebrow:

the edges plec said:
I think seetickets.com like to make people sweat because every other ticket agency has sent out there supply or thats how it looks to me or am i getting paranoid?
I also noticed on the plan for the city of Manchester stadium that they have numbered seats all the way round even at the rear of the stage just like the first leg of the tour. :eyebrow:

don't panic about seetickets mate...i use them at least twice a month and they are always very reliable, i signed for some interpol tickets yesterday and they asked to see my passport!!! they send out a bit later yes, but you can track your order!!

(i too am waiting for mine, but am 100% certain they'll come)

hope i put your mind at rest a little, even though there is nothing like having em in your hands!

To answer a few questions from earlier in the thread.

You can see the entrances for the Manchester Stadium on the mcfc's website.

My tickets have a barcode that could be used to scan the tickets for entry into the Ellipse (if there is one).

Finally, my Manchester tickets for the 15th are also Gate B. I bought them 20 mins after they went on sale, so maybe they sell the best tickets first. Anyway, I'm hoping that Gate B gives you the best opportunity of getting to the front! :)

chrissybaby said:

don't panic about seetickets mate...i use them at least twice a month and they are always very reliable, i signed for some interpol tickets yesterday and they asked to see my passport!!! they send out a bit later yes, but you can track your order!!

(i too am waiting for mine, but am 100% certain they'll come)

hope i put your mind at rest a little, even though there is nothing like having em in your hands!
:) Thank you i feel a bit better now.

Add another one who ordered from See Tickets and still is waiting for Manc tix. But yeah I have ordered with them in the past and got tickets fine :)

Back
Top Bottom