MERGED-->UK Tickets and Onsale Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i spoke to two people over the past 2 days at TM UK an they said theres no 4 tix limit for uk/ire combined on the number of venues i can buy for u2 in just as long as it isn't 2 UK or 2 IRE shows. the person said i can buy dublin and manchester and nothing will get canceled. One show in UK an one in IRE all on same cc and billing is alright.

Last edited:
Before we found out about the 4 tickets per TOUR restriction I bought a bunch of tickets in the pre-sale - all using different codes, different credit cards but the same billing address.

I haven't called TM because I think the mere fact of drawing attention to these purchases could jeopardise the tickets. There seems to be a lot of confusion over what is and isn't allowed and ultimately it's likely that the whole cancellation threat is simply scare mongering.

OF COURSE TM are going to tell you when you ring that the tickets will be cancelled - what else can they say? "No, what we published all over our website is just a load of bull"? They're going to stick to the official line.

However so far TM have charged all my cards. If there is some kind of automated computer program I'm not sure at what point it's actually run on all the purchases - clearly not before TM take your money. I'm going to take my chances and hope that nothing gets cancelled.

I called them I got a set on my credit card which is billed to my parents house (as it got it when I was back from uni)

My mum got herself a set from the same address.

They told me that the booking would be honoured as the two cards are in different names.

I e-mailed them and got a confirmation of this from their customer services.

The only way you will get the tickets in the post is
IF THE CREDIT CARD BILLING ADDRESS ARE DIFFERENT ON EVERY SET OF TICKETS YOU BUY.

If you have bought more than 4 tickets from the same address TM will cancel and refund the money to your card without notificationt. I had 2 confirmations of mine and my husnbands two sep credit cards BUT same address BOTH debited but both of them had a stop on so I had to cancel one set even though I had bough two pre sale codes.
They are sweeping the post code billing address then name.

YOU MUST DO SOMETHING OR YOU WILL LOSE THE TICKETS URGENTLY BORROW EVERYONES CARDS THAT YOU CAN!!!

What if you have a set of tickets for a show in Anaheim through the gen sale and another through the presale for Dublin..... and then TM calls yesterday and offers YET ANOTHER set of tickets for LA?

The guy said the charge went through.

Should I call TM?

Shit I forgot about that programme tonight - I emailed them about it last Tuesday night along with God knows how many others!!

I only caught a bit of it - they said something about being contacted by about 100 fans and that Ticketmaster were looking into it. Also a bit about fans still not finding what they were looking for.:|

Maybe there will be a follow up, you never know. Still, good to know that attention is being paid to it.

That being said, at least U2.com/TM are apparently doing something about the situation now. Just shows you what a collective voice can do eh?

Up the revolution!! LOL

Hi enajh2 - thanks a lot for posting that clip for us!!

Nice female presenter with Nicky Campbell too :wink:

Cheers!!!

jesseu2 said:
i spoke to two people over the past 2 days at TM UK an they said theres no 4 tix limit for uk/ire combined on the number of venues i can buy for u2 in just as long as it isn't 2 UK or 2 IRE shows. the person said i can buy dublin and manchester and nothing will get canceled. One show in UK an one in IRE all on same cc and billing is alright.

Even more confusion ! I don't dis-believe you in any way, but this is different to previous advice, so would be good for something official along these lines.

Mike

Well why did my 2nd lot of tickets get cancelled last Saturday afternoon by TM the money was back on my cc on Tuesday??

Its on the TM sites for all the UK venues 4 tickets per household, the only way around it to be safe is use a different credit card and billing address
If you take the chance on using one cc dont say that you werent warned when you dont receive your tickets.

If you are worried about losing your tickets just ring TM's customer service and they should allow you to move some bookings to different cards. if they don't allow you to, then ring back a bit later and you might get a TM staff member who is more willing.

Admittedly it's a pain waiting in the phone queue but if you get peace of mind then it's worth it :)

Just phoned again and was told that it'd definitely be fine aslong as it's 2 different pre-sale codes on the card.:eyebrow:

I presume it's ok but after reading all the posts on here, I'm a bit worried now!

I bought 2 tickets for Glasgow from lastminute.com on Friday, then used my U2 pre-sale code to get 2 tickets for Dublin on Monday. Is it just people that bought both times from Ticketmaster that are affected?

I should also say that my tickets, although both are going to the same address, I did use different credit cards.

Thanks for any help, much appreciated:)

Back
Top Bottom