MERGED-->UK Tickets and Onsale Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According to this site there will be 2 extra Manchester shows.

http://www.getmetickets.net/tickets/viewsubjectevents?name=U2&type=Concert

It just makes me wonder because Hampden is a Tuesday and Dublin starts on the Friday. They could squeeze one in no problem. They done this at Zoo TV @ Darkhead in 1993.

I am off to London & Cardiff but I could squeeze another Hampden in - even though I have got to go to Elton bloody John @ Easter Road in between !!

BTW - my first U2 concert was at Edinburgh Playhouse in 1983 - price was £3.50. About the same price as an album at the time.

Changed days.

Last edited:
Abigail j
Just curious to know how you found out that your tickets were going to be cancelled?

Does anyone know whether the UK ticketmaster policy will apply to the Dublin dates? If you have purchased UK dates will this be taken into account when buying tickets for the Irish dates.

Its a shame, I was really looking forward to a 2nd Hampden show, but its looking like it won't happen now. There's certainly the time in the schedule for one, but I guess it depends on how quickly the first gig sold out and if they feel they could sell another one out.

Hmmmmmm now THAT'S interesting!

Remember The Record's Billy Sloan being credited for the 2 out-of-the-blue shows at the SECC in '01? Maybe they were scheduled all along?

The only sticky wicket is that if getmetickets is showing extra Manchester gigs, you would expect them to do the same for Hampden if there was one wouldn't you? It's real "roll of the dice" stuff this tour isn't it??

I tried for Joshua Tree @ Murrayfield in '87 but missed, then Zoo TV @ the SECC in '92 and missed, but managed to get Zooropa @ Parkhead in '93 which was my first U2 show...and WHAT a show!

Prices on my tix:

Zooropa '93 - £22.00
Popmart '97 - £28.50
Elevation '01 - £40.00
Vertigo '05 - £50.00

Next tour - BANK LOAN! :wink: LOL

pride346 said:
Abigail j
Just curious to know how you found out that your tickets were going to be cancelled?

Does anyone know whether the UK ticketmaster policy will apply to the Dublin dates? If you have purchased UK dates will this be taken into account when buying tickets for the Irish dates.

Don't know for sure Pride - I had assumed that as Dublin / UK are both in the presale, then presale tix rules would therefore apply in general. By which I mean, they will again be looking at presale codes and CC billing addresses.

I could be totally wrong of course, but I never took the chance on booking diferent venues just in case. If I make one U2 show, I'm just chuffed to have beaten the odds.

Last edited:
pride346 said:
Abigail j

There was a warning about 4 tickets per address on the TM site during the general sales on Friday. Several people were concerned about this as they had not been in formed about this during the presales. It was supposed to be 4 tix per person /presale code. So people like me that live with another u2.com member started to panic about our tickets.

I called TM on behalf of several of us who were worried.

TM said they sympathised totally but our tickets would have been cancelled automatically without notice, had I not called them.

I had to change my payment details so as not to lose my tickets.

i'm afraid I don't know what the rules are if you are planning to book tix in more than one country sorry.

Last edited:
getmetickets.net RIP OFF!!! by the way
120quid standing yeah right ill buy 4 LMAO
and starve for a month

they have 3 show dates for manchester????

and 3 show dates for croke park WTF!! ???

how the hell does these ticket places do it
i mean ebay is a joke but companys screwing people
over... makes u sick
bad enough u2 charging up too 85quid
and the rest

BB Mac

Last edited:
AbigailJ said:

LOFI YOU WILL LOSE ONE SET OF TICKETS I PROMISE YOU NEED TO CALL TICKETMASTER NOW. I'M NOT KIDDING YOU THIS HAPPENED TO ME YESTERDAY.

YOU CAN'T HAVE TWO SETS OF TICKETS REGISTERED IN THE SAME CREDIT CARD / BILLING ADDRESS. ONE SET WILL BE CANCELLED AUTOMATICALLY.

Ticketmaster will let you change one of the bookings in your household into a different name/ creditcard but it must be one with a billing address that is different to your other booking. The ticketmaster restriction willl only allow 4 tickets per billing address. U2.com did not make that clear.

So if you have more than 4 tickets billed to your address you need to call them.

Call 0870 1535353, hold the line for an operator and explain. They will let you change one of the bookings.

I had to do this yesterday. Yes I know it sucks!

I hope you get your tickets sorted x

Would anyone mind sending L0-Fi a PM to get this information to him/her? I can't send PM's as I am new here. I'd hate them to lose their tickets. Thanks x

I think my friend done the same.

How will we know if they'll be cancelled?

I got on presale site last Wednesday after my code wasn't accepted on Tuesday. It worked but the standing tix were all gone for 18th Twickenham show, so I got four tix for crappy seats for that concert. After that my IE still got the address to get in standing tix so I bought four tix with the same code. Afterwards of course I knew that the later order will be cancelled...

However, I got the same e-mail confirmation from Ticketmaster today (4 days after!) five times for the standing tickets, what's happened to the Ticketmaster??? :mad:

so anyone know what will happen if you ordered tickets via the pre sale and also via a totally different site with no warnings about the number allowed.

I used seetickets.com for another set of tickets for manchester but there was no warnings on there about the number per person and used same address.

We're simply not going to know until they are announced. The only people who know for sure are U2, Principle Management, Clear Channel, et al. It's a lottery!

All you can do is keep checking U2.com

The Maestro said:

I think my friend done the same.

How will we know if they'll be cancelled?

In answer to your question...

Ticketmaster don't give a warning before cancelling
tickets. It is done automatically without
notification.

If you are worried about your tickets
then call Ticketmaster on 0870 1535353 and ask for
thier help. They should let you transfer some of the
tickets to another credit card/billing address (that's
what I did)

Yes you must contact TM with alternative cc and billing address if you have two sets of tickets to one address.

To be on the safe side I would use a friends cc and new billing address if you are going for Croke Park.

We have called in lots of favours from family and work mates and have 3 new cards /billing address in an attempt to get Croke Park.

Last edited:
I ordered 4 manchester tix in the presale and i got them...

I got a new presale code from someone else which i'm gonna use for Dublin tomorrow..

Will TM UK and/or TM IE cancel my orders if i use same address/billing?

Yes. It's my understanding that they will check CC and billing address details, to stop people abusing the maximum ticket rule. Dupe CC details and billing addresses will have their tix cancelled.

stevec said:
Yes. It's my understanding that they will check CC and billing address details, to stop people abusing the maximum ticket rule. Dupe CC details and billing addresses will have their tix cancelled.

but does the max tickets amount count for just ire or uk or BOTH? UK is 4, ire is 6 in regular sale and 4 in presale.

what if i use different address but same cc?

Last edited:
Christ I think TM should have provided slide rules and scientific calculators for us to work this out, 'cause it's causing no end of confusion with everyone. Remember when buying tix was relatively easy?

Possibly someone in the same situation will have a definitive answer, but maybe it's worth contacting TM (UK) themselves via email in the meantime?

well I have just done a ticket tracker on Seetickets.com and there doesnt seem to be any problem with my second order despite using the same address as used on TM for the pre-sale.

Take it that as they are separate agencies then there shouldn't be a problem, plus Seetickets did not offer a warning about maximum tickets.

AbigailJ said:

In answer to your question...

Ticketmaster don't give a warning before cancelling
tickets. It is done automatically without
notification.

If you are worried about your tickets
then call Ticketmaster on 0870 1535353 and ask for
thier help. They should let you transfer some of the
tickets to another credit card/billing address (that's
what I did)

I phoned up there and spoke to 2 different folk on the help lines, they both said neither order had been cancelled and that they hadn't heard anything about them being cancelled?:huh: :|

I phoned ticketmaster about this today, as I bought 4 tix for Glasgow with one code in the presales and 4 tix for Manchester in presales with another code. When I contacted ticketmaster about this they said they would be cancelling my Manchester tickets later today :-(

But I have bought other Manchester tickets from seetickets.com as I had a feeling this would happen. I hope I get both shows, I'll be really disappointed if I don't.

Thanks for the heads up, I phoned ticketmaster back and got the details changed, so I have Glasgow and Manchester for sure now.

UK - one booking per household?

After seeing some posts on Zootopia I was worried about my ticket order and thought I should share my experience here in case any of you are in the same boat and it‘ll give you a chance to ring ticketmaster.

I ordered 3 sets of tix with different access codes to the same address - one on a different card and two on a the same Visa card.

To check if I was in danger of losing any tickets I rang ticketmaster and was told 3 different things.:

1. The first phone call - he checked with his supervisor and said it was only one set of tickets per household (doesn't matter if different codes were used). Therefore, I would lose 2 sets of tix. He said I can ring back and change two orders to friend’s cards.

2. I rang back and the phone operator said it was one booking per card so I would lose a Visa booking even though I had used a different access code.

3. He checked with his supervisor and she said she was under the impression it was one booking per access code - and therefore I wouldn't lose any tix.

Since they didn't know and two supervisors said conflicting things and it is probably a computer program that filters through all bookings and cancels them - I changed two of my tix orders to some friend's credit cards at different addresses and they said I shouldn't lose any tickets now.

Again it is miscommunication - U2.com say it is one booking per access code and ticketmaster are saying some conflicting stuff.

i also made 2 bookings using different membership numbers, 4 tickets for manchester and 1 ticket for london..
i tried contacting u2.com but i just get a standard reply which is basically the faq's which is already on the website.
worried about losing tickets i also contacted ticketmaster. they advised me in no uncertain terms that i had to cancel 1 booking. i obviously cancelled the london one. no way around the problem was explained to me.
why are uk fans only able to book 4 tickets total for the tour when people in the usa can buy 8, people in ireland can buy 6 and according to ticketmaster in holland 6 also for the shows there?
i cannot get any sense from ticketmaster or u2.com. i just get different answers from different people.

Unfortunately its this sort of miscommunication that means fans will miss out and/or resort to eBay nearer the time.

I have the confirmation and I'm begging them not to cancel my Dublin tix. I bought UK tix with the same credit card last week.

Back
Top Bottom