MERGED-->U2 Vertigo vs Coldplay Twisted Logic+ (Is it me or do a lot of bands)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
neutral said:
Topic?

(Unless someone has some extra Cheetos. Share with the class. :mad: )

cheeto.jpg

Front row, center. Inches from Chris.

It. Was. Incredible.

Please move if ness (Is it me or do a lot of bands copy U2?)

I just saw Coldplay last night here in Dallas and although it was a great show I saw some things that made me think They've researched a little too closely.

The opening for example with the video screen although the number countdown was nice the whole thing with Chris by the screen etc was very much ZOO TV. Even a lot of the imagery was very similar to different tours U2 have done. Mostly Zoo TV and Elevation.

I guess imitation is the sencerest form of flatery :/

Re: Please move if ness (Is it me or do a lot of bands copy U2?)

bloodysunday972 said:
I guess imitation is the sencerest form of flatery :/

Or the easiest way to rip off a successful act to get more money, whichever comes first

Out of 20 ppl I know who like Coldplay about 1 of them likes U2, or knows anything about them. So when they see things Coldplay does, they think they're the first to do it...blech

Re: Please move if ness (Is it me or do a lot of bands copy U2?)

bloodysunday972 said:
I just saw Coldplay last night here in Dallas

me too.

But yeah, U2 invented video screens and yellow balloons.

Re: Re: Please move if ness (Is it me or do a lot of bands copy U2?)

inmyplace13 said:

me too.

But yeah, U2 invented video screens and yellow balloons.

The Edge invented the guitar. Adam invented the bass. Larry invented the drums. Bono invented human singing. I don't know why any other band seem to be copying them all the time :shrug:, it's lame :down:

Last edited:
After having seen Coldplay on Tuesday and U2 last night, it must say that it is hard to pick what was a better concert. I am almost tempted to say Coldplay but maybe that is because Coldplay was better than I expected and U2 not as good as I had hoped for.

I loved the opening tracks of the U2 concert, as well Love and Peace or Else, Miss Sarajevo and the encores (The First Time, Wild Horses, Crumbs :drool: ). However, all of the greatest hits that they play at every single concert seemed tired.

Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet, Streets and One were all better at previous concerts (Elevation, PopMart, ZooTV) and they just need to stop playing Pride and WOWY because the studio versions are better.

I need more time to determine which I found better.

Back
Top Bottom