MERGED --> U2 Vertigo Tour - Postponed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mandy1973 :hug:

I totally feel horrible for everyone who had plans, and I know I'd be devastated too. But U2 wouldn't have done this if they didn't have to. :heart:

VG I agree, it's kind of weird that they postponed it so suddenly but are already announcing dates....

amylikesedge said:

So, I've never posted here because I've never seen a cause to before. But this... the way you're behaving is just atrocious. I would be ashamed and embarrassed to publically admit, on the day we find out one of their family members is in such a worrisome condition that they need to postpone tour dates (something they seldom do), that you're more concerned about your money than a small child's life. Just think about that for a moment, okay?

Lets stop addressing Axver now as he cant reply.

He is a Premium member so anyone who is also Premium can pm him in private should they wish to address his posts.

Tania said:
Again a bit of compassion for all concerned would be nice.

sure thing.

but there's still no excuse for people being asstards about it.

if people are going to sound off angrily and come across as incompassionate jerks because shows have had to be postponed due to someone being sick, then maybe they need to put the keyboard down and step away from the computer until they can show they have a little compassion and aren't just self-absorbed entitlement freaks.

Whatever happened to the family member of a band member must have been terrible for them to do this. That's all that matters right now.

I just got off the phone with American Airlines and had my tickets to NZ cancelled, even though they were nonrefundable I'll just use it within a year, either to try and go when they announce the rescheduling or on another trip.

Honestly that's the least of it, in the end it's only money. Whatever is happening to Edge or whoever in the band is definately a worse situation than mine.

Tania said:
Hey!

Before you lot all sound off any more, how many were pissed off when the first lot of concerts where rescheduled. How many complained then. For gawd sake, give a guy a break. How many threads were there about how the band had sold out, let people down, U2 are no longer my favourite band etc etc.

Before going off think about this:

U2 haven't been to Australia since 1998.
U2 were just about to tour (mere days away)
This news has only just broken and there has been no comment on future dates.

Again a bit of compassion for all concerned would be nice.

Just thought it needed to be said again. Lots of people have very short and very selective memories.

Hope you're able to go when the shows are rescheduled, Tania.

timothius said:

You called it.

Do you have any info you can drop us regarding this? When we might hear new dates (if at all)? What impact this has on Kanye's tour? etc

I don't have anything yet. My guess is the seperate Kanye tour stands though.

"In other news" I sent you an email a couple of hours ago, but it bounced (it did have an attachment). You still on the 'bond' hotmail?

ramblin rose said:

I just got off the phone with American Airlines and had my tickets to NZ cancelled, even though they were nonrefundable I'll just use it within a year, either to try and go when they announce the rescheduling or on another trip.

So are you saying you managed to have them refuneded (or given as credit or somthing) even though they were nonrefundable?

How did you manage that. Good news if you did!

from Rocko's website

Dear Everyone, It is with deeply saddened heart I must confirm that we are indeed postponing the rest of the tour, including our performance in Hawaii with Rocko and the Devils. As I have said and always professed - only two things matter in life; your health, and your family. Please allow me to deal with the challenge of logistics of getting all of my crew safely home and the equipment dealt with. You may not hear from me soon, but know I will let you know when fate allows what will be next. All our Love to all of you! - Rocko and the Devils

Last edited:
Earnie Shavers said:

I don't have anything yet. My guess is the seperate Kanye tour stands though.

"In other news" I sent you an email a couple of hours ago, but it bounced (it did have an attachment). You still on the 'bond' hotmail?

Same username, I just switched to gmail.

So it should now be bond.is.wickets@gmail.com .

Thanks anyway if you were giving me the heads up! :up:

mandy1973 said:

Yeah...that is a really good point, i'm not going to have to sit through kanye west twice...that has got to be a good thing.:p

Now we might get a REAL support act!!
No one cares about the support act unless it's Arcade Fire.

Tania said:
Now there's a bonus. We might have someone different as the support act :lol:

:up: and when they reschedule we in Melbourne won't have to battle with Commonwealth Games crowds and traffic and road closures to get to the show!

I have gotten over the shock now and the thought that the new dates will be announced soon (hopefully) is helping... :)

Big :hug: :hug: to whoever is ill in the U2 family. Family comes first. :hug:

I feel so sad right now...I hope whom ever it is in U2's family pulls through .....Prayers and postive energy is sent out to them :sad:

timothius said:

So are you saying you managed to have them refuneded (or given as credit or somthing) even though they were nonrefundable?

How did you manage that. Good news if you did!

No, no refund, just tickets that I can use within a year of booking, which for me is January/February 2007.

taking a break from the blue. If anyone hears any news, PM me, or Text me (for those with my number :wink: )

don't worry baby...it'll be alright...

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom