MERGED --> U2 Vertigo Tour - Postponed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!KJFH&*($#(*@&#*&@ (*#$&!(*&&~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for you wenda

U2-The-Best-Of-1990-2000-In01.jpg

:hug:

Precious3 said:
so is this his daughter with his current wife? how old is she? ...poor thing

Yeah, she's the daughter with the current wife. Her name is Sian and she's 8.

Some people spent $1000+ per ticket on eBay. If the tour is cancelled, they get only $100 back and and lose $900 per ticket.
If the ticket was originally bought with a credit card, they can't even get the $100 face value back!

Guess those people will be crapping themselves right now.

Sicy said:

This member has constantly made personal attacks, rude posts and insults all over this forum over the course of months and has been warned MANY TIMES in private, on the forums, by mods, admins.... he completely ignores the mods and admins so he needs to go cool off for a while.

i know, chook. well, it's not my business, but i'm not questioning what you've done. :)

i do think that with axver's reaction at the circumstances is also a deep sympathy to the family member it involves, and the band. just because we see one reaction, doesn't mean he therefore doesn't care. that's all.

anyway, on with the topic.
:sigh:

timothius said:

Sweet. That makes reshceduling a hell of a lot easier.

Let no one say they aren't trying their best in this situation.

Or risk the Larry "F*ck off" response.

Axver said:
Interference is officially a pile of horseshit today.

Well, anyway, Dream Theater's now my favourite band.

So, I've never posted here because I've never seen a cause to before. But this... the way you're behaving is just atrocious. I would be ashamed and embarrassed to publically admit, on the day we find out one of their family members is in such a worrisome condition that they need to postpone tour dates (something they seldom do), that you're more concerned about your money than a small child's life. Just think about that for a moment, okay?

Well, that seems like good news if the dates really are going to be released in a few hours. :)

As per this thread, I'm not even going to comment.

We know U2 takes their job seriously and it obviously must be a serious issue for them to postpone the tour. I'm just going to say that I hope that whichever family member is ill recovers quickly, and I'll be praying for the guys and their families. :heart:

I'm disapointed but i understand why its happening and its fair enough i wouldn't want to go to the otherside of the world if someone in my family was sick ... on the radio they said the concerts arn't until december in australia

U2 will do right by the fans as soon as they can. Somethings in life are just more important than singing to a bunch of fans. I would hope that whoever is sick Siam or anyone else gets well soon.

If it was your family would you care the cost to other people at that moment in time?

Hey!

Before you lot all sound off any more, how many were pissed off when the first lot of concerts where rescheduled. How many complained then. For gawd sake, give a guy a break. How many threads were there about how the band had sold out, let people down, U2 are no longer my favourite band etc etc.

Before going off think about this:

U2 haven't been to Australia since 1998.
U2 were just about to tour (mere days away)
This news has only just broken and there has been no comment on future dates.

Again a bit of compassion for all concerned would be nice.

ok, my 2c worth, i've just been on the phone to qantas, and for any of you who booked your flights through them, you are able to hold onto your tickets and reuse them for up to 12 months - i was pretty relieved to hear that.

I'm glad i held off a little while before posting, i have managed to calm myself just a little now - a couple of hours of fending off emails, text and phone calls from everyone i know, crying a little bit, then a little bit more.

I've done my little bit of feeling sorry for myself (away from here though!!) now i just hope for a speedy recovery for whoever it is who is unwell, whether it be Sian, or Larrys father (i heard that rumour too).

In Bono's words...

"If you're the praying kind . . .turn this song into a prayer"

I you are the 'praying kind' send out those prayers for healing to the band and those close to them.

Hope whoever it is is alright. :(

It has to be a good sign that they're already announcing new dates, doesn't it? I don't really know what to make of that, hopefully it will help people with rescheduling.

I definitely understand people being annoyed or upset, I would be too. But people bitching because they might only get to see the show in their hometown...ridiculous. :rolleyes:

wow, this is terrible for basically everyone.

I hope everyone who got tickets can get refunds, or it gets rescheduled, or whatever... since the circumstances were out of your control I'm sure there will be some compensation.

More importantly, I really hope everything works out with Sian...:/

I'll be praying for the band and their families. I'm sure this was a really hard decision to make.

And huge :hug: going out to all of you that this affects. I know how crappy you must feel. I've had this happen before and its just not fun. :heart:

Oh My goodness i can't believe how some of you are reacting to this like spoiled children...come on now a member of U2's family is is sick and all you can think of is the money you spent, the show you won't see???....i HIGHLY doubt U2 would postponed a whole tour because of a stubbed toe or something this obviously a very serious situation.

A little sympathy from some of you wouldn't hurt, there is more important things in life...and family should always come first i don't care what kind of job you have!

Some of you should grow up a little and stop thinking of yourselves for once.....:mad: :mad: :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom