MERGED --> U2 Vertigo Tour - Postponed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thatsnotmypuppy said:
OK - word from Ticketek - Coppel has new dates. The tour at this point is officially POSTPONED - not cancelled and dates are in the third/fourth quarter 2006. So Sept / Oct is the word. There will be a press announcement in the next 24 hours.

I love you thatsnotmypuppy :wink: thanks :up:

akann said:
This is really poor showing from u2.. I understand them postponing the shows but at least one of the band members shoul have come out with a proper f@#king statement rather than just having the promoter issue a few words. Thousands of fans are gonna be affected and they don't even have the courtesy to do this...

If the situation is as dire as it sounds, they're probably rallying around the band member who needs support. That's what's most important right now. Yes, it's affecting a lot of people, but there's a lot more to life than going to concerts, and I think most fans realize that.

RedrocksU2 said:

I disagree.

and I agree with you - we don't need or deserve any more explanation from the band if one of their family members is ill - it is a private matter altogether

I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility that one of the band members would issue a statement in the coming days or weeks but right now I would think that their focus would be justifiably elsewhere

thatsnotmypuppy said:
OK - word from Ticketek - Coppel has new dates. The tour at this point is officially POSTPONED - not cancelled and dates are in the third/fourth quarter 2006. So Sept / Oct is the word. There will be a press announcement in the next 24 hours.

Thanks Pup for the info - they seem to be acting quickly on this. The last thing most U2 fans would want is a 2 year delay ala Kylie.

Poor Edge :sad:

It saddens me to think about the pain he is going through. He has inspired me to play guitar and U2 has provided me with hours and hours of music that i love. I wish there was something i could do to give back in his time of need. :(

timothius said:

Thanks Pup for the info - they seem to be acting quickly on this. The last thing most U2 fans would want is a 2 year delay ala Kylie.

You have no idea how fun that day was and how today is going - please do not ring and yell at us Ticketek staff :)

Kylie was a different reason though - can't replace Ms Minogue as easily as one could replace a drunken Clayton... :) :)

akann said:
This is really poor showing from u2.. I understand them postponing the shows but at least one of the band members shoul have come out with a proper f@#king statement rather than just having the promoter issue a few words. Thousands of fans are gonna be affected and they don't even have the courtesy to do this...

Oh... My... God....

I am guessing they might just be dealing with things more immediate and pressing than phoning you personally to explain.

Like trying to reschedule a monster concert tour when they don't even know how long the health crisis might last. Like worrying themselves sick over a loved one, and nothing they can do to change that. Or worrying about the hundreds of people whose jobs are now uncertain.

I hope you don't need to experience the near loss of a loved one in order to wake up to what is important in life.

Go buy the DVD, spare a thought for the sick child and get over yourself.

JMScoopy said:
Poor Edge :sad:

It saddens me to think about the pain he is going through. He has inspired me to play guitar and U2 has provided me with hours and hours of music that i love. I wish there was something i could do to give back in his time of need. :(

:up: :yes:

scottyT said:
akann, stop it.

mate, I'm a big u2 fan but I will criticise them when I think it's justified, unlike some. The same thing happened last year with the ticket screw up, where it took a long time to get a statement from the group until Larry decided to apologise at the grammys...Like I said, I have no issues with the postponement, but I do have a problem with the way the band handles these things.

Wow:ohmy: If its Edge's daughter, things most have gotten seriously worse. It was propably bad last year but to postponed the rest of the tour...:sad: It could only mean one thing. She may have not responded well to treament. Who knows?? Whatever the case may be I hope the best for whomever is ill. If one of my children got seriously ill. I would give up everything for them! In a heart beat.
I feel for the people who've made arrangements. I planned a whole trip to Hawaii for the concert. I know I wont be able to go some other time this year(unless I win the lottery. If thats the case Ill take everyone whos plans got screwed for free). BUt what can you do! Someones life must be in danger. We are not talking about someone with fever, runny nose, etc.. it most be very serious. The only thing we can do ( for the praying type) is pray for U2 and the people who are going to lose a lot of money because of the postponment. Its a lose lose situation.:sad:

akann said:

mate, I'm a big u2 fan but I will criticise them when I think it's justified, unlike some. The same thing happened last year with the ticket screw up, where it took a long time to get a statement from the group until Larry decided to apologise at the grammys...Like I said, I have no issues with the postponement, but I do have a problem with the way the band handles these things.

uh, Larry apologized both on u2.com and via an email from him within a week of the ticket screw up the way I remember it.

but of course that wasn't good enough for many people.

thatsnotmypuppy said:

Kylie was a different reason though - can't replace Ms Minogue as easily as one could replace a drunken Clayton... :) :)

Now that was nasty, funny - but nasty. lol

I will hope and pray for the band and their families during this terrible time. May God bless them and keep them safe.

thatsnotmypuppy said:
Goddamn. That's when the year 12 exams are gonna be. :madspit:

Well its good they r still coming so we should be thankful for that. I
hope The Edges daughter gets well and i think they should take as much time off as they need. Unless u have been through this urself then u prop dont know wat Edge is going through so i dont blame them for taking as much time off as they need.

I wish all the best for all the families involved

akann said:

This is a completely different thing. U2 has nothing to explain or apologize for. Someone near and dear to one of them is sick. What else do we need to know? And what does it matter who makes the announcement? The band has other things to worry about right now.

I wonder if the Australian football season is going to hold up Japan and Hawaii concerts that could otherwise happen earlier?

thatsnotmypuppy said:

You have no idea how fun that day was and how today is going - please do not ring and yell at us Ticketek staff :)

I can't understand how people could be yelling at Ticketek over this. Standard policy would dictate that full refunds would be given if they are wanted. Otherwise hold on for the new dates.

Well both were postponed for illness, although obviously one was for illness of a performer. Still, it seems they could announce dates for the end of the year now.

akann said:

But the band aren't in the business of public relations. Their management and their promoters are the ones that have to execute after an issue like this. For all we know, maybe the band wanted to say something and were advised against it?

ramblin rose said:

uh, Larry apologized both on u2.com and via an email from him within a week of the ticket screw up the way I remember it.

but of course that wasn't good enough for many people.

AND Larry spoke on national television regarding the situation, apologizing to fans.

akann said:

Jeez have a lil compassion for gods sakes! :angry:

I'm locked into Hawaii for over $1500 as I am sure many others are for other trips so this postponement is basically a cancellation for many of us but what can you do? Being with an ill family member is more important than a concert tour. I totally support the band in their decision to postpone the tour, am I disappointed, certainly, I'm human. I sure the band knew the impact of this decision and it was not made lightly, obviously a serious situation has arisen which requires immediate attention. I hope Edge's daughter has a full recovery and my thoughts are with their family and the band.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom