MERGED--> U2 playing the Jazzfest next year? + Jazzfest lineup announcement next week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love New Orleans - Music (really really good music) is everywhere - one of my best memories of the city was drinking coffee at 5AM at Cafe Du Monde after having a good time a few blocks up :wink: all night and hearing a group of musicians playing Moon River on the River Walk - perfectly sublime. I'll be going even if U2 doesn't play - but if they do :drool:

As of now I’ve booked a lovely little hotel in the middle of the quarter (the fair grounds are about 10 minutes away) if you are thinking about going book now

Hopefully all of the rumors are true :hyper:

new orleans :heart: what a great memory, chrissi...i've also had some great times there. see ya in April...twice!

Hmmmmmm reading all this makes me think ROAD TRIP! This would be very fun. I LOVE jazz, and it would be so cool to be back in New Orleans, especially after what has happened there, it will be good for their economy and I'd like to be a part of Music Cares and supporting bringing the music back to New Orleans. Of course seeing U2 would be a HUGE bonus....hmmmmmmm

I found the following while perusing the JazzFest websites!

2006 First Weekend:
Saturday, April 29th: Dukes of Dixieland
No date specified: U2

2006 Rumors

Prince
Jimmy Buffet
Rolling Stones
Elton John
Neil Young
Bob Dylan

Carek1230 said:
I found the following while perusing the JazzFest websites!

2006 First Weekend:
Saturday, April 29th: Dukes of Dixieland
No date specified: U2

2006 Rumors

Prince
Jimmy Buffet
Rolling Stones
Elton John
Neil Young
Bob Dylan

:love: :combust:

Carek1230 said:

2006 Rumors

Prince
Jimmy Buffet
Rolling Stones
Elton John
Neil Young
Bob Dylan

poor Jimmy - It's like on Sesame Street and the "one of these things is not like the other" game :reject:

nurse chrissi said:

poor Jimmy - It's like on Sesame Street and the "one of these things is not like the other" game :reject:

:lmao:

you know, i was talking to someone who worked at one of the venues where U2 played on the last leg and he said the roughest crowd he had EVER had to deal with was at a Jimmy Buffet show.

:yikes:

Carek, drive on over/down!

I did a mapquest----26 hour drive from San Diego. Could get some friends.....could be a roadtrip in the planning stages.......got an iTrip and enough music to entertain us on the drive to and from. :sexywink: Me thinks it's doable!

I also am seriously leaning toward attending, regardless of the U2 rumor.

If I manage to wrangle up enough $$ for a hotel (holy crap! I have sticker shock!), it looks like I can only plan on attending the second weekend --graduation's at the end of April (yay!). Although, right now I'm concidering bribing someone to attend the ceremony in my place and deal with the family units...:hmm:

whoa, i sincerely hope the rumor is true! i've always wanted to go to new orleans, and to see Jazz Fest as well! thanks for the updates- please post more as you find them!

:hyper:

norsehorse23 said:
Wow, imagine what it would be like if all those acts show up to play. Isn't Jazzfest free?

no but it is really cheap - I think its about 50 dollars for a day pass (or at least it was a few years back)

The tickets are different prices....check the jazzfest website, I think it's posted above in the thread somewhere. Tickets go on sale thru Ticketbastard or you can get them direct (check the FAQ section for info on this) saving on the Ticketbastard fees per ticket....then there is a VIP ticket and all access ticket which is really expensive. Tickets go onsale as soon as the acts are announced in February.

Whew, I did my research and homework, didn't I?!! The website also lists U2 as a Headliner the first weekend. :wink: Bono and Edge were apparently spotted in NO meeting with Jazzfest folks.

For those who don't want to go thru the site...here's some info.
I would recommend getting on their email list for any upcoming info. I sure did.
Jazz Fest 2006 - April 28 - May 7

Ticket prices are listed as:
PRICES (these may be from last year so I am not sure if the prices are going up or staying at this rate)

ADULT
BUY NOW AND SAVE!
$25.00 advance price February 23, 2005 – April 21, 2005 (1st wknd)
$25.00 advance price February 23, 2005 – April 27, 2005 (2nd wknd)
$35.00 on event day

CHILDREN (ages 2 - 11)
$5.00 in advance and at the gate.

Big Chief VIP Experience:
Jazz Fest 2005 introduces the Big Chief VIP Experience! For the first time, a very select number of Festlovers (on a first-come basis) can take advantage of a complete VIP package to Jazz Fest. A special-access pass, the Festival’s official silkscreen poster, reserved parking (optional) and more! Check out the details below and get ready to experience Jazz Fest as no one has ever experienced it before!

Big Chief Pass
This specially created VIP pass and keepsake will gain patrons access to all Big Chief VIP areas (described below).

Daily Admission to the Heritage Fair (entry and re-entry) to each day of a specific Festival Weekend

Access to New VIP Viewing Stands
With the Big Chief VIP Experience, you’ll have access to private viewing areas at the five major stages at Jazz Fest: the Acura Stage, Gentilly Stage, Congo Square Stage, and the Jazz and Blues Tents. For your convenience, the Big Chief areas at the Acura and Gentilly Stages will be raised and covered, have padded seats, private comfort stations and exclusive cash beverage vending stands. Seating is unreserved within all Big Chief viewing areas, first-come, first-served.

Access to a Private Air-conditioned VIP Hospitality Lounge
Imagine your own air-conditioned lounge, right in the middle of Jazz Fest, where you can relax between sets or between meals. That’s just what you and a limited number of guests will receive with the Big Chief VIP Experience. This second floor lounge, reserved only for Big Chief guests, will allow you to renew and revitalize, with complimentary light refreshments. Enjoy full-service restrooms and a balcony with a panoramic view of the Festival!

Official Jazz Fest Poster
Big Chief patrons will receive a complimentary copy of the most collected poster series in the world, the official New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival poster. The poster series turns 30 years old in 2005!

Special Reserved Onsite Parking at the Fair Grounds Race Course is available in a premium package (details below)

A Jazz Fest Program Book, which includes a music schedule, food and crafts listings, a map, artists’ bios, Festival features and more

A very limited number of Big Chief VIP Packages are available.
Each package is offered on a per-weekend basis.

1st Weekend (April 22, 23, 24)
$550
Available with Daily Reserved Parking for $700

2nd Weekend (April 28, 29, 30, May 1)
$650
Available with Daily Reserved Parking for $850

Big Chief VIP tickets are available online or by calling (800) 594-TIXX (8499).

*VIP viewing areas at the Congo Square Stage and the Blues and Jazz tents will be limited in size, and access may become unavailable if necessary to keep the areas from exceeding the legal capacity.

you are welcome karen! :hug:

edit: "1st Weekend (April 22, 23, 24)*** note that these are the dates from 2005!***
$550

2nd Weekend (April 28, 29, 30, May 1)*** note that these are the dates from 2005!***
$650
Available with Daily Reserved Parking for $850"

U2Fanatic4ever said:
you are welcome karen! :hug:

edit: "1st Weekend (April 22, 23, 24)*** note that these are the dates from 2005!***
$550

2nd Weekend (April 28, 29, 30, May 1)*** note that these are the dates from 2005!***
$650
Available with Daily Reserved Parking for $850"

Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love ya!!!!

Hmmmm, maybe Josh will want to come......................and he would only be five dollars. :wink:

Last edited:
Carek1230 said:
:applaud: :hug:

I am working on Hawaii
I am working on NO Road Trip partners

And what's this I heard today something about Dublin-June????:hmm:

:reject:

nothing _ I'm just going to Dublin in June (hopefully) to do my Pilgrimage - completely non u2 related

uh huh.....a Dublin pilgrimmage just for the heckuvit? OK then....just wanted to make sure there wasn't some other big announcement coming down the pipes about some show in Dublin, cuz if so I'd be there instead of Hawaii (cuz of finances) because I have a dream to make the Dublin pilgrimmage. AND I have a friend there I could stay with!

I also just now realized the statement I made about the road trip reads funny....(above post) I meant to say:

"I am working on New Orleans road trip partners"

:reject: just thought to clarify :wink:

Tax season and busy season totally sunk my Hawaii plans. I'm up to my eyeballs in spreadsheets. Jazz fest sounds really cool. Damn I want to go! Miss those Po Boys and Cafe Du M sugared donuts. I think this is going to be a very hot ticket.

Back
Top Bottom