MERGED ---> U2 on Shelter From the Storm Concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pepokiss said:
WHEN DID THE FOO FIGHTERS PLAYED?

I think I would've hearded...

It went form U2 to Morgan Freeman then Neil Young... :sad:

well, for all of the people complaining... wait until tomorrow... if the play One again, THEN complain... now, just support the cause, like I DO

After Neil, I believe... they played 'Born on the Bayou'.

u2wedge said:

And considering the issues of divisiveness, poverty (give me nothing, now that's all i've got), Superdome (ask me to enter, then you make me crawl), unity (carry each other), race (we're one, but not the same)... I'd say 'One' is the most relevant song that could have been played. And by extension, this still ties in to the make poverty history effort of the 'One' campaign.

Yes, but as Chizip hinted this is actually a matter of interpretation. A lot of the things you mentioned here, could actually be considered describing a relationship between two persons and not some kind of universal love. But....:shrug:

pepokiss said:

well, for all of the people complaining... wait until tomorrow... if the play One again, THEN complain... now, just support the cause, like I DO

Exactly, if they play Yahweh tomorrow night then people will be complaing as well.

I am the first one to complain about boring static setlists, but for goodness sakes this is a universal charity event. Forgive U2 for being so "selfish" to play their most familar song that fits.

Plus as I said earlier, they wanted Mary J to sing with them, I assume, maybe she asked them to play the song.

That per4mance of Neil Young's was amazing.... and I don't even know his music. Rarely has a song touched me so at 1st listen.

The Disciple said:
That per4mance of Neil Young's was amazing.... and I don't even know his music. Rarely has a song touched me so at 1st listen.

so a song that youe never heard before was able to touch you? :hmm:

U2Man said:

Yes, but as Chizip hinted this is actually a matter of interpretation. A lot of the things you mentioned here, could actually be considered describing a relationship between two persons and not some kind of universal love. But....:shrug:

Correct, but in a Shelter from the Storm context, this interpretation is the more vaild one.

oh, so now Kanye's going to help raise money instead of throwing gas on the fire.

I heard he got boo'ed pretty bad at the NFL game the other night.

I thought Kanye was great! I love how he did some new lyrics for Jesus Walks.

Is it just me or was there no sound from his mike at the very beginning? It seemed like he came in on the middle of a line, but I'm not quite familiar enough with the song to tell.

is everyone's feed coming thru well? I'm seeing the picture upside down and in green :scratch: I had to run to my tv to see who was playing. And it breaks up alot (the CBS link u2dork had posted earlier)

u2wedge said:
That Kanye rap was about as disjointed as his comments from a few nights ago.

yes, of course. afterall, you obviously don't have any shit against him, so clearly you're in a perfect position to unbiasedly tell everyone how good his performance really was.

My stream ended on the CBS site and wouldn't restart so I went to the ABC link instead. :shrug:

damn, I tuned in too late to see them. Instead, I muted Rod Stewart (which is always a pleasure) and called and made a donation.

Is there a forum somewhere where we can post other places to send donations? A colleague in my department passed on some information about two shelters that are taking personal care products, old magazines, and other things a lot of us can easily donate. I can post them if people are interested, or you can PM me.

Zoomerang96 said:

yes, of course. afterall, you obviously don't have any shit against him, so clearly you're in a perfect position to unbiasedly tell everyone how good his performance really was.

you're not healthy.

and you certainly haven't a clue.

You're incoherent, too.

And Kanye's the unhealthy one spouting all of that crap from the other night. And that crap, ironically, is the 'shit' I have against him.

Be a part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom