MERGED->U2 Conference Today in Nice + (Conference Today!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kellyahern said:

Actually, I just translated what Zoovation posted.

Oh gosh, I meant maybe what was posted on U2achtung was a fake. I can't seem to find the AFP site that actually has wire stories anyway.
Maybe someone from u2achtung will stop by and explain it all to us?

U2dork said:
Oh gosh, I meant maybe what was posted on U2achtung was a fake. I can't seem to find the AFP site that actually has wire stories anyway.

As I said earlier, the timing on the post on U2Achtung.com was after it was announced here. So maybe they were just basing their report on Interference.
:shrug:

DignityPassesBy said:
so is this conference on or not ... i really need to go to bed but i cant sleep until i know

As stated somewhere above, there is no presss conference.

U2dork said:

That's okay :), I just wanted to say that I didn't get it from U2achtung, so I didn't know what their source was, but now it seems their source was from here, and this is going in circles and confusing, so I better get back to work now :confused:

does someone happen to know where that conference might be held? :help:
because I live just near Nice, and I would like to go there if this whole thing is going to turn out true, but Nice is a big city and I wouldn't even know where to start my investigation... :huh: :wink:

sraphim said:
does someone happen to know where that conference might be held? :help:
because I live just near Nice, and I would like to go there if this whole thing is going to turn out true, but Nice is a big city and I wouldn't even know where to start my investigation... :huh: :wink:

There is no conference.:|

Maybe the press conferance will be on Thursday (day before they play Nice).

Maybe the press conferance will anounce the details of the future DVD releases (Red Rocks/Zoo/Pop OR Vertigo) as well as extra dates.

YOU GUYS ARE ALL JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS.

The only reason why the band was going to have a press conference in Nice was because someone found the 'stolen' HTDAAB CD.

The cops down there have arrested three squid fishermen and have been holding them until the band had a chance to come back down there and smack the shit out of them.

According to reliable sources, the squid fishermen had grabbed the CD while Edge was getting his favorite bbq'd squid on a stick on the beach during the video shoot. The three fishermen have been playing the disc on boat late at night to atract the squid, and the equivalent of the French Coast Guard heard it, and caught them soon after it happened.

They have been kept in a holding cell in the basement of an old monestary on the coast, and have only been allowed to watch the Vertigo shows on CCTV.

All this was going to be announced today with a boxing ring set up in the center of Nice. Although the fight would be unfair 3 vs. four, Chirac thought it would be fine...

Boozyuzi said:
Maybe the press conferance will be on Thursday (day before they play Nice).

Maybe the press conferance will anounce the details of the future DVD releases (Red Rocks/Zoo/Pop OR Vertigo) as well as extra dates.

Think it would be about more dates, but yeah, Agence France Presse is not a dodgy source, so maybe they were going to do something today but pushed it back a little. I would think that they would announce the next legs (especially if it includes Europe again) by the end of this leg. And then at the very end say the tour will return to North America in September with <insert band here> opening. <g>

No conference in Nice today or any other day. It has been denied by Universal and the promoter.

In fact, there should have a conference by the promoter for his own promotion but it has been cancelled.

Back
Top Bottom