MERGED->U2 Conference Today in Nice + (Conference Today!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New U2 Album Out Very Soon? (Conference Today!)

I find it strange for U2 to have a press conference today (in the middle of a world tour). Many think that they will announce some new dates : New Zealand, Australia....etc...

I also think they will do that, but i'm not sure they will ONLY announce that (Why a press conference for that). So, I'm thinking they will announce a new album to be release just before the us 3rd leg (or before christmas).

I was hoping this story would have developed on my ride to work.

I see we're still just building up the excitement.:hyper: :hyper: :rockon: :rockon:

New album? To be released in early 2008? :lmao:

Nope, that is one thing they won't announce. It is about the tour. I am 99.99% sure.

So, as far as I can gather, this rumor has originated at u2achtung.com, is that right? At least, I think that's the only site I've seen it on. They're usually pretty reliable, right?

U2Man said:

You should't even mention these kinds of things, KUEF :wink:
i know.... but that band have stated on sevral occasions how there is still so much for them to do as a band, but there is always someone who would post that comment i made

personally i dont think there is a conference, U2.com would have announced it by now, or at least alot more fan sites would be carrying the story

or maybe just a small small announcement (Like the name of the opening band for the 3rd leg????)

My 2 cents are on this option : opening(s) bands for the 3rd leg

They are just gonna tell the media that they are playing Australia, New Zealand, South America and (hopefully) South Africa and maybe, just maybe, China in early 2006.

official Dispatch AFP - Tuesday August 02, 2005, 11h37:
In full round, the greatest group of rock'n'roll of the world will give a press
conference this afternoon in Nice where the four Irishmen give a
concert next Friday. According to certain official sources, the group would announce the completion dates of its round which
should be probably established in Oceania, in China and in Japan. One awaits also a surprised advertisement, a new album think some. Megalomaniacs and generous, veined and ingenuous, the shows of U2 remain an attraction appraisal.'
' U2 in Press Conference in Nice
We learn that in the course of the day from Tuesday, U2 will give a press conference in Nice. No information was communicated to us concerning the subject of this
press conference. To thus follow... We will assure you as soon as possible its contents and this
conference keeping...'

internet translation of what Zoovation posted :)

Queen Bee said:

That would majorly suck.

They won't bother to hold a press conference just to tell what crap bands will support them on the 3rd leg :wink:

kellyahern said:
official Dispatch AFP - Tuesday August 02, 2005, 11h37:
In full round, the greatest group of rock'n'roll of the world will give a press
conference this afternoon in Nice where the four Irishmen give a
concert next Friday. According to certain official sources, the group would announce the completion dates of its round which
should be probably established in Oceania, in China and in Japan. One awaits also a surprised advertisement, a new album think some. Megalomaniacs and generous, veined and ingenuous, the shows of U2 remain an attraction appraisal.'
' U2 in Press Conference in Nice
We learn that in the course of the day from Tuesday, U2 will give a press conference in Nice. No information was communicated to us concerning the subject of this
press conference. To thus follow... We will assure you as soon as possible its contents and this
conference keeping...'

internet translation of what Zoovation posted :)

Megalomaniacs? :lmao:

I seriously doubt they'd have a press conference for something like opening acts. They didn't have that with any other leg, nor do I think they've ever done that. They release it to the website and it's done.

Perhaps it's not as big a deal as I, or others, are speculating but when someone says the band are coming together at what could be concidered a homebase to make an announcement, well, that's kind of a big statement that puts big ideas in people's heads.

Edit: Ah, Kelly has super sluthing skills. :D

What's this about megalomaniacs? :huh:

U2dork said:
I seriously doubt they'd have a press conference for something like opening acts. They didn't have that with any other leg, nor do I think they've ever done that. They release it to the website and it's done.

Perhaps it's not as big a deal as I, or others, are speculating but when someone says the band are coming together at what could be concidered a homebase to make an announcement, well, that's kind of a big statement that puts big ideas in people's heads.

Edit: Ah, Kelly has super sluthing skills. :D

What's this about megalomaniacs? :huh:

If U2 were ever going to announce their splitting I am confident it would happen in Dublin - and nowhere else.

U2Man said:

If U2 were ever going to announce their splitting I am confident it would happen in Dublin - and nowhere else.

I was thinking along the lines of tour/album news. They are sooo not going to split. It kinda bugs me when people talk about this. I don't think they really ever will officially split because they don't have to. Sure, they'll slow down and not tour as much, but there is no reason for an official split.

Back
Top Bottom