MERGED-->U2.com offers subscrition refund/APOLOGY + U2.com/Fanfire refund discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Excellent. It's clear U2 did not see this coming and did not price the GAs at $50 to make scalpers/brokers rich.

I disagree with TNA's spokesman - I doubt very much the greater part of the GA leak was with broker's using U2.com subscriptions - U2 could simply follow up on one show (MSG would be interesting) and contact purchasers individiually to determine how many were legit U2 subscribers. TNA, IMO, is sending U2 barking up the wrong tree. Anyway, I hope U2 keeps the GAs in-house for future legs.

Very good news is code will be good for the third leg. That means none of you should even think of checking in on the Phoenix pre-sale tomorrow. : )

One thing I don't understand is whether everyone will get new code for the fall. If so, there will be more dates and U2 will be in a better position to meet demand, having learned from this debacle. So that's good. If new codes will not be issued to everyone... well, A LOT of code will be have been used by the third leg. I could see people here waltzing into GAs this fall with no problems. Hang on to your code. I think it will work much better in the fall.

Lastly - it sounds like spin, but what U2.com said is true - the demand this time around eclipses anything we've ever seen. I hope they play into next spring and summer. It's possible.

Well crap...I hope my code is still active. I chekced a few shows using my code to see what kinda tickets I could get just in case there wasn't a third leg (ended up not getting any tickets..surprise surprise). But anyway it never rejected my code so hopefully it's still valid.

Question. (don't know if anyone will be able to answer)

I had my pre-sale ticket order cancelled through Ticketmaster because of the seating chart debacle. Since I did that, will I be able to use my code for another pre-sale?

matt_tx00 said:
Question. (don't know if anyone will be able to answer)

I had my pre-sale ticket order cancelled through Ticketmaster because of the seating chart debacle. Since I did that, will I be able to use my code for another pre-sale?

My guess (and it is just a guess) is that your code is not valid any longer. I would contact FanFire with your story and maybe they will activate it again.

Back
Top Bottom