MERGED-->U2 are moving to Montreal???? + This just in.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AtomicBono said:
If Bono moves to Montreal, I will move to Montreal.

Don't think I'd move there but might have the incentive to visit more often :D

Proof U2 is moving to Montreal
directly from U2.com

The band had a great time in Montreal and Monday's show had lots of cool moments, including a little kid jumping up on stage to lead the 'No More's' in Sunday Bloody Sunday and a great dancer (see our pics) who wowed the venue during Mysterious Ways. She was so good she stayed up on stage for With or Without You.

The band loved being in the city and were particularly delighted to have Arcade Fire playing with them.

Take that all you neighseyers...

ZooMacPhisto800 said:
directly from U2.com

The band had a great time in Montreal and Monday's show had lots of cool moments, including a little kid jumping up on stage to lead the 'No More's' in Sunday Bloody Sunday and a great dancer (see our pics) who wowed the venue during Mysterious Ways. She was so good she stayed up on stage for With or Without You.

The band loved being in the city and were particularly delighted to have Arcade Fire playing with them.

Good gravy, I hope you're being sarcastic.

And "neighsayers"? Are you calling us horses? :wink:

ZooMacPhisto800 said:
directly from U2.com

This is sarcasm right ? ;)

ZooMacPhisto800 said:
I've been waiting outside their hotel since Monday... no sign yet... probably tonight! Fingers crossed!!!

What a fan... are you serious ? Ahahah...

ZooMacPhisto800 said:
Someone pointed out that Larry smiled after Bono said that U2 was moving to Montreal in support of the conclusion that Bono was just playing the crowd. After careful thought yesterday, I came to the conclusion that this premise does not support the intended conclusion. Fact: Larry does not understand French. It was therefore impossible for Larry's reaction to be linked to Bono's statement. I will be waiting outside the hotel tonight from 10 PM - 4 AM, surely Bono will come sign my HTDAAB CD.

I said that since I was close to the stage, I saw that Bono turned around to Larry and told him (in English) what he had just said to us in French, and Larry started cracking up. I believe he did the same to Adam, or maybe Larry told Adam - I can't remember, but I do remember Adam laughing about it as well.

gabrielvox said:
because when you are front row you can hear everything

Well, I for one don't buy it. How can you apply so much weight to something that someone said in the spur of the moment?

Anyway, I waited and waited... but the boys didn't show. The hotel management kept saying they'd checked out on Monday but they're not fooling me. Who do they think they're fooling anyway? Anyway, I doubt the boys won't be heading out on a Friday night... I'm talkin' camp-out.

Okay, I think I've finally got you, ZooMacPhisto800.

Phew. I was really worried there for a while, thinking you were serious.

:wink:

ZooMacPhisto800 said:
directly from U2.com

This was followed by loads of Quebecois moving vans being spotted on the ground in Dublin.

Hewson said:
This was followed by loads of Quebecois moving vans being spotted on the ground in Dublin.

Just goes to show that sometimes the stuff Bono says to a crowd is more than just rhetoric... i wonder where they'll set-up!

Hewson said:
Isn't there rehearsal space available on the vacant top floor of Club Super Sex?
:lol:

EDIT: Who needs Hansa when you can get a lap dance downstairs from the studio for inspiration?

Last edited:
Canadiens1160 said:
:lol:

EDIT: Who needs Hansa when you can get a lap dance downstairs from the studio for inspiration?

All the more reason for U2 pack up everything and leave their homeland for. Can't beat that prospect...:| Who needs Ireland and its 40 shades of green anyways! So overrated!:huh: :rolleyes: :sigh:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

All the more reason for U2 pack up everything and leave their homeland for. Can't beat that prospect...:| Who needs Ireland and its 40 shades of green anyways! So overrated!:huh: :rolleyes: :sigh:

and I don't think there's been one reliable sighting of a leprechaun.

vervex said:

Ahahah -20 is not that bad ;) You get used. I'll move to Montreal next summer (and it was planned before Bono's declaration, of course) and get some degres... ;) In Quebec City, 2h30 away from there, it's always 2 or 3 degres COLDER. I live in the beginning of the chains of mountains over there (old Val-Belair for the ones who know, at 20 from the center of the city) and there's always more snow anyway.

Winter is winter...

Alright! Hello to another Quebec City U2 fan! I also live in the suburbs, St. Augustin... and yes, Quebec City is definitely the coldest (and snowiest) place on Earth!

Eheheh nice to see someone from my city ;) St-Augustin's not that far actualy. Were you there at their show in Montreal ? Ahahah... between 20 000 other fans :p eh.

But like I said... you get used.

Haha, yeah I was at both Montreal 1 and Toronto 1. Both were so amazing, but like everyone's saying, the Montreal crowd was just crazy!

Ahahah you lucky bastard - two concerts ! :p Well, I've only been to that Montreal one.

Oh, U2's passing on radio at this right time XD So nice... Like a msg from God :p Just kidding, eheh.

Well, I can't compare with other crowds because I've not been to other concerts of them than this one... but people seem to say the samething you do... so I'll believe it ^^ Quebeckers r crazy ! Yah...

Rumors... Rumors...

I don't really buy what I've been told, but isn't is the place where to post the rumors about U2 coming to Montreal ? ;)

You see, I know a guy at my work that supposly know Guy Laliberté. That man organised some days because the show a kind of party where U2 went. Until there, I believe it. But that boy I work with (singer of the band Marabu for the ones who knows, from Quebec... anyway) told me U2 would have bought a house in Montreal with the help of that man.

Ahahah... I have no idea if it's true or just crap, but we'll end up knowing someday ;)

Salut à tous les Québecois ici
Hello to all my fellow Quebeckers

Well I must admit I will stay sceptic of the whole: moving to MTL stuff, just so that I can't be let down if they don't. I'll do hope that they return in the city for a show on their next leg. Afterall, they didn't come in the Spring so I hope MTL becomes a must on the next leg or next tour whenever that is.

I did also hear on the news that Bono met with the guy from Cirque du Soleil who helped him get a house or something.

Back
Top Bottom