MERGED-->Tour postponed? + HTDAAB Tour Dates!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:hug: to everyone, I feel the same, sad and confused.
My prayers are with all of U2 right now, I hope everything is going to ok. :(

positive thought.. positive prayers and all the privacy they need from the media and everyone else

who said ten weeks? There was no definite time frame when the announcement will be made now. Paul M. said in the coming weeks we will let everyone know.
They can push back a tour for whatever time frame they need or maybe indefinitely...

who knows...lets not speculate here until we hear an official word from PM...

As much as I feel Edge and his family need their privacy, I would like something to be confirmed one way or another so people can stop all of the speculating and the disbelief that no one is ill.

edgeboy said:
Firt off, there's just no way they can push the tour back ten weeks just because someone in edges family is sick,so i doubt
that story.

Um, yes there is. It's not like you can take a pill and be fine the next day. Ten weeks is almost three months and that is probably what they are working from when it comes to treatment.

Last edited:
doctorwho said:

But... but... you misspelled "you're". ;) Would a psychic have known that you'd make this mistake and purposely have made a mistake herself just to call you out on your mistake? Oooh...scary. :ohmy:

Classic...you got me...

Halup said:
Even though everything is in the rumor stage at this point, ever since I read that link to the Hot Press message board where the person in Ireland said The Edge's daughter has been diagnosed with cancer or leukemia, it sadly seemed to be a more plausible reason than what Paul McGuinness has stated.

We may never know the exact reason and in reality, if it truly is a family illness, it is not our business to know, unless like with Bono in 2001, they make a point of telling the public.

PLEASE.....STOP PARTICIPATING TO RUMOURS..... !!!! Don't think it's appropriate to talk about this......imagine if it was you, being mentioned in this post...I think that is pathetic !!! It makes me sad !!!

As I mentioned yesterday as there is a family illness we should just let the man be and think about them in our prayers. Having lost a family member at far too young age, I know that work is the last thing you think about when the person is ill, although strangely when you do to work it can be something of a release But everybody reacts differently and doing a world tour is a real tought slog and a lot more demanding than going to a studio or an office, so at a time like this nobody should expect the man and indeed his close friends to be putting work before an ill child. So lets just keep him in our prayers and hope that the lord sends his angels and that everything will be allright………….and forget about the tour for now

Last edited:
Until we know anything FOR SURE I think we need to stop with the speculation and rumors.. its not going to do anyone any good to be getting upset over something that has not been confirmed yet.

ramblin rose, Bono's Tart and bonolady...

You all need to heed Hello Angel's request (if you don't then this thread is going to be closed) We all are dealing with this in many ways and would like to see this discussion continued but without your bickering...... see below....

OK wow. We need to calm down here alot.

Let's not assume anything about anyone's lives here, OK? If you don't like it here, fine, leave. But you're assuming an awful lot about people you do not know, just like we don't know you.

Take me for example. I know you weren't addressing me or even know who I am, but I am on here all day every day. Want to know why? I work at home. I own my own business. This affords me time to keep this site up to date with U2 news and so forth. I enjoy doing it for the fans. I love the fans.

As for people moaning about the delay of the tour - so what? When I heard the tour was delayed I moaned to my boyfriend that the Miami trip we are planned and paid for would have to be cancelled. We never take vacations because our work doesn't allow us the time to. The Miami date had actually been confirmed, and so therefore alot of us planned on that fact.

Let's not turn this into an "oh Americans are such greedy arseholes" argument. We are love U2, hence we are here on a U2 forum and are passionate about this tour. Of course we care about the reasons the tour is being delayed. Let's not attribute it to whatever view you have of the American people. I certainly don't mouth off about how English people might seem to me, you know? Because that is assumption about a huge population of people that I know nothing about.

I don't want to close this thread because people have the right to discuss here. But if it continues to be a shit storm of people attacking other's reactions (however innocuous they are in the whole scheme of things) then I will do so.

Last edited:
Edge doesnt have to explain anything to the fans or anyone else. Its his family and its his personal life which has nothing to do with any outsider.
ie every U2 fan in the world

As for adding fuel to the fire regarding who is ill unforgiveable!

U2Fanatic4ever said:

You all need to heed Hello Angel's request (if you don't then this thread is going to be closed) We all are dealing with this in many ways and would like to see this discussion continued but without your bickering...... see below....

Let's not assume anything about anyone's lives here, OK? If you don't like it here, fine, leave. But you're assuming an awful lot about people you do not know, just like we don't know you.

Take me for example. I know you weren't addressing me or even know who I am, but I am on here all day every day. Want to know why? I work at home. I own my own business. This affords me time to keep this site up to date with U2 news and so forth. I enjoy doing it for the fans. I love the fans.

As for people moaning about the delay of the tour - so what? When I heard the tour was delayed I moaned to my boyfriend that the Miami trip we are planned and paid for would have to be cancelled. We never take vacations because our work doesn't allow us the time to. The Miami date had actually been confirmed, and so therefore alot of us planned on that fact.

Let's not turn this into an "oh Americans are such greedy arseholes" argument. We are love U2, hence we are here on a U2 forum and are passionate about this tour. Of course we care about the reasons the tour is being delayed. Let's not attribute it to whatever view you have of the American people. I certainly don't mouth off about how English people might seem to me, you know? Because that is assumption about a huge population of people that I know nothing about.

I don't want to close this thread because people have the right to discuss here. But if it continues to be a shit storm of people attacking other's reactions (however innocuous they are in the whole scheme of things) then I will do so.

Some of those comments are way off course in view of what this thread is about.
We all have our opinions I just didnt realise that you have to be certain people to voice them.

I dont suffer fools gladly and will not be "spoken" to in a manner I think is wrong and I will respond the same way that I am attacked..

I am not attacking you bono's tart... I should of said it would be nice if you guys would try to keep it down or somewhere other than this thread. I know it started here but it has nothing to do with what the thread is about. It is getting personal with you all. I am clearly making a suggestion that others have made. It's for the benefit of others not for one person.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
I am not attacking you bono's tart... I should of said it would be nice if you guys would try to keep it down or somewhere other than this thread. I know it started here but it has nothing to do with what the thread is about. It is getting personal with you all. I am clearly making a suggestion that others have made. It's for the benefit of others not for one person.

My thoughts exactly! Geez people!

U2Fanatic4ever said:

It's not about attacking reactions. I'm also at this forum nearly every day, and u2 is a big part of my life. But for me, to talk about a serious illness of someone's child, is something you don't do.

Bonolady and i even won a trip to the first show in Miami, so i'm searching for information about the why's of the delay, because we would be very disappointed if we can't go to Miami.
It has nothing to do with our view on americans. We feel the same way about the delay and whatever reason it may have.

Friends again :hug: ? There are much more important things going on in the world than u2-fans fighting

angelofdublin! :hug:

never was any bad feelings towards anybody as far as I am concerned just trying to find a way to cool it down here. Our emotions are super high right now considering the situation. So I understand how and where you, ramblin rose and bono's tart is coming from. It's just such a tough time!

martha said:

It's not a plausible explanation at all, merely mean-spirited speculation on your part.

Switching from "stupid" to "mean-spirited" isn't an improvement. "Hah, hah, I bet one of those drunk Irish guys is in rehab" would be mean-spirited. "You're stupid for saying that" is mean-spirited. Suggesting that a rumored one month delay in a rock tour might be due to someone rehabbing is just a speculation, nothing mean intended about it. If someone in the band were in rehab, I'd applaud them for admitting they have a problem and seeking help for it. Given that we now kinda-sorta know that Edge's daughter is sick, I wish it were a rehab stint delaying the tour; an ill child is just about the saddest thing in the world. I hate to stoop to your level, but the only thing mean here is you.

C.

U2Fanatic4ever said:

Apologies U2Fanatic4ever my comments werent aimed at you, I just cant stand some of the earlier condescending comments.

no appologies necessary Bono's tart ! :hug:

Like I said I know where you and the others were coming from. I was just trying to calm things down here.

My emotions are running super high as well as everyone's elses! It's hard to be sane, patient, understanding and to see clearly with all of this chaos going on. I know it will all calm down here soon.

I :heart: all fellow U2 Fans here! We are a family when it all comes down to it. Thats why I love this place we call the Blue Crack! :wink:

Well said Hello Angel...

Freakily enough, I just read this tragic news 2 hours ago, in a library, and not an hour ago, comin g home, literally I met a poor high school girl on the street who was distraught becuase a friend of hers had committed suicide. The poor girl was a high schol senior, very shy and withdrawn, a bit booksih, etc. The kids apparently ragged her mercilessly. So last night she hung herself. At home. It's allover the local media.

What could I tell this poor girl, a total stranger? I was still in complete shock about Edge. So I told her about it. She had heard of U2 but wasn't a fan. I tried to comfort her somehow, saying something to the effect of you can be rich and famous etc and think you have it all, but there are some things you have no control over. So you should just be thankful for what you have. She didn't have an email address, and I sorry for that. So I got the girl's name and told her that I had some heavy-duty prayer requests to mAke in church this weekend.

Please, foolks, in addition for whichever daughter it is (esp if it;s little 7 yr old Sian, or Holly?!?!:( :( also say prayers for the family of, and the soul of,

Christine L who was a senior at Albany High School, Albany, New York.

Oh..
Chrisedge..

I work 2 jobs and am in grad school. I have very little time to post and most of the time when I am on here it's past midnight, I'm exhausted, and I could care less about Spellcheck.

People, get a grip.

Family illness is NONE of our business.

Specualting who it is or what it could be serves no purpose. Have a little bit more respect, will ya?

Teta..please don't speculate or post that it is one of edge's daughters.. :no: We dont know who it is..and frankly its none of our business for god's sake! As Elvis has mentioned.

And also please everyone respect him and his family.

The only thing we should be doing right now is sending our heartfelt prayers to the edge and his family because that is the best that we can do for him!

Larry's Lush said:
as for a one or two of you being what I think is "bitchy" to Bono's Tart, you can stop it now, Im the little Sister of BT and I really don't give a flying hoot if you like this or

Wow! A tart and a lush in the same family! Your parents must be so proud. :)

indra said:

Wow! A tart and a lush in the same family! Your parents must be so proud. :)

Our father is we lost our mother almost 2 years ago to cancer and she was very proud of us ok?
Yet another condescending comment from another "user" I give up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom