MERGED-->Tour postponed? + HTDAAB Tour Dates!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NoControl said:

Quote:
Originally posted by Zootomic - I would find it extremely out of character for this band to deliberately mislead fans about something like that.

LOL

Why exactly is that funny? Name me one time when U2 as a band or any member individually used something as serious as a family illness as a false excuse for changing their plans.

Last edited:
Looks like March 28 in Anaheim, CA at the Arrowhead Pond. Horrible place to start out for a GA line show. People were screwed this past year in the rain waiting in line to get into the show. They screwed people that were there the night before the concert November 27, 2004.:sad: Well The security company at Arrowhead Pond is horrible and will enforce it in a way it will work out for everyone and so that no one gets screwed.

Conclusion to the new date in Anaheim is looking at the Staples Center and its busy every single day. If there were tour rehearsals it would be at the LA Forum or the Arrowhead Pond in Anaheim. First off LA Forum is too small to hold U2 and Arrowhead Pond would be a great place to hold a few U2 shows in a row.

First and foremost, godbless whoever is sick. Its just so hard when you have your heart set on March 1. Being patient is so hard sometimes!

Who knows if this is true, but I heard that the "family illness" is a smokescreen, and that the real reason is that the band just isn't ready to tour yet. The stage / lighting plans haven't been finished, and the band wants more time to rehearse on their new stage.

The thinking is that U2 would wisely never admit to being "not ready," because they know they'd get slammed in the press for it. So, they're quietly leaking word that there's a slight delay, but once everything is ironed out, they'll hold a big, public, positive press conference with official information on tour dates.

This is merely from a friend who's a mid-level music industry executive, and I promised her I wouldn't give out her name and company, but take this with a grain of salt or two. *shrug*

If it *is* a family illness, then get well soon, whoever you are! Can't wait to see the boys on tour.

Zootomic said:
Why exactly is that funny? Name me one time when U2 as a band or any member individually used something as serious as a family illness as a false excuse for changing their plans.

I wasn't laughing because U2 had necessarily used that as an excuse, but because of your naive response (IMO) to the industry in general. No offense.

But come to think of it, wasn't there a fake reason for Adam's absense at the 1st or 2nd Sydney show in '93 put forth to cover up the real reason why he didn't perform at that concert?

LyricalDrug said:
Who knows if this is true, but I heard that the "family illness" is a smokescreen, and that the real reason is that the band just isn't ready to tour yet. The stage / lighting plans haven't been finished, and the band wants more time to rehearse on their new stage.

The thinking is that U2 would wisely never admit to being "not ready," because they know they'd get slammed in the press for it. So, they're quietly leaking word that there's a slight delay, but once everything is ironed out, they'll hold a big, public, positive press conference with official information on tour dates.

This is merely from a friend who's a mid-level music industry executive, and I promised her I wouldn't give out her name and company, but take this with a grain of salt or two. *shrug*

If it *is* a family illness, then get well soon, whoever you are! Can't wait to see the boys on tour.

Makes sense.

Not ready? Willie Williams is quoted as saying stage settings are in the process of being built. And they've got 2 months to rehearse? Plus, they sounded pretty good in NYC on 11/23. The cynics here are amazing.

The reason given at the show Adam missed was that he wasn't well and was very sick. Which Alcoholism is an illeness. I have that concert on cd although the sound could be imensley improved but it is there.

The real reason being what, No Control? Don't understand.

Last edited:
adamgirl said:
The reason given at the show Adam missed was that he wasn't well and was very sick. Which Alcoholism is an illeness. I have that concert on cd although the sound could be imensley improved but it is there.

I guess you're right, I just wasn't sure.

Super_Fan said:
Arrowhead Pond would be a great place to hold a few U2 shows in a row.

It sure was last time! Infinitely better than the Suck Center, with its 20 freaking dollar parking and shitty sound. God I hate the Staples Center.

Normally I'd be all happy about the tour opening in SoCal, but March 28th is the worst possible date for me. I will not be able to attend at all. grr

I can be patient though, and I'll take a missed concert in trade for family members mending for what ever reason. :hug:

I've been reading some of the comments about this news item with utter disgust, not just here, but on other boards as well. I'm not sure why people assume that just because Bono dealt with family issues publicly that the other band members have to as well. No one here knows what's going on with the band and it's pointless to speculate and argue about it (actually, I find the arguing quite stupid).
It will all come out in due time. Let's just hope and pray that it really is something totally benign.

Correct me if this is wrong, but I don't think there's any quote from the band itself or its representative that it's a family illness. u2.com has confirmed the tour delay, but the cause is not stated. The "family illness" is from Rolling Stone's source.

sv said:
Correct me if this is wrong, but I don't think there's any quote from the band itself or its representative that it's a family illness. u2.com has confirmed the tour delay, but the cause is not stated. The "family illness" is from Rolling Stone's source.
Unless they've hidden it on their site somewhere, U2.com has yet to confirm or deny anything at this point in time, but that's not really surprising, as they are the last to post almost everything having to do with the band.
As I said before, in a day or two (maybe a week or more) it will all come out.

edit: eek, we posted at the same time...

The dates didnt even come out yet so I dont really see the big deal about the postponement its not like peoples lives are going to stop...people have lost the art of patience apparently.

A month difference in starting the tour doesnt mean much and I am sure it is a family illness that is causing the delay.

Some of the people on this board are truely sad to think otherwise.....you act like U2 are in politics or something and lie off the cuff all the time.

Get real and get a life if the delay affects you that much. The dates that were cancelled will be made up in October which will be better because the tour will be perfected by then and you will probably get a better show out of it.

I had a feeling something was going on anyway since we havent heard about any presale yet...and I believe for the Elevation tour tickets went on sale before Christmas if I am not mistaken so they obviously have been dealing with this issue for awhile.

If they do make them up in October, i will be right in the middle of my Final year of School exams.....
I was planning on going to Montreal and Toronto (From Australia)
so the change in plans will effect me quite a lot, and others travelling large distances too i guess.

Having said that, i do understand (if this is true), and will just have to find somewhere else to go, when i'm able to attend, and i'll see them Live in Australia, although it wont be quite as exiting as going overseas......

adamgirl said:

And we have a winner. The tour has been postponed from the 1st to the 28th. Which means their rehersals, setups, etc., need an extra 28 days. What takes 28 days?

Rehab.

Hmm....

C.

Yahweh said:
A month difference in starting the tour doesnt mean much

Maybe not to you. The rumoured March dates suited the schedules of those I have to depend upon (as I have to travel long distances to see U2 and cannot attend concerts alone due to multiple factors). Any other dates totally shoot my plans to hell.

Sorry to hear that but anybody that goes by rumoured dates is really taking their chances to begin with.

Yahweh said:
Sorry to hear that but anybody that goes by rumoured dates is really taking their chances to begin with.

That's crap! I think there are a lot of people who are affected by this. Nothing to do about it if someone in your family is ill though. I wish them all the best and I hope that everything turns out okay.

I'm affected by this. I won a trip to Miami to the first gig (a competition of a dutch radio channel in cooperation with the record company) so I don't know what's happening with that now... Already took days off etc. I'm sure they'll work something out, but I am a bit worried about this. But the most important thing ofcourse is that all the band's loved ones are okay...

This isn't going to be a big deal, except for the cities that were scheduled in March. The way I read this, they're just going to move all the March dates to the third leg.

Although I expect that the larger markets like Boston that have rumored dates in March will also get some first leg shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom