MERGED-->Toronto soundcheck today... + Finally Something From Pop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BONO_HOODIE3.jpg

I thought this thread now deserved a Mofo Bono picture :D
oooooohhhhh to open the encore wearing a hoodie - mix up the straw hat a bit

...I heard people talk about the the 3+ phenomenon... Each city that gets three or more shows is in for something special....
....Man, wish I were in Toronto right night....
To all of you going to see them this time round.... ENJOY!!!
-Will

nurse chrissi said:
BONO_HOODIE3.jpg

I thought this thread now deserved a Mofo Bono picture :D
oooooohhhhh to open the encore wearing a hoodie - mix up the straw hat a bit

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRING ON THE HOODIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drool: :drool: :drool: :love: :love:

If the setlist tonight is the same as Monday's i'm not going to visit here for a few days! The disappointment/anger will be unpleasant to say the least!

The possible inclusion of Mofo in the setlist is the best news I've heard in a LONG, LONG time! :drool:

I was just thinking yesterday if they added Mofo that the whole arena could tremble from the energy of the song itself and the crowd's reaction. Oh, please let this be true! :combust:

MCF74 said:
The possible inclusion of Mofo in the setlist is the best news I've heard in a LONG, LONG time! :drool:

I was just thinking yesterday if they added Mofo that the whole arena could tremble from the energy of the song itself and the crowd's reaction. Oh, please let this be true! :combust:

:hmm:

Well, I am confused as I do not know whether a lot of the people in the crowd will know Mofo, given that Pop is not such a well-known album...

U2Man said:

I knew it. pfffft. :tsk:

Why? You and other posters in that forum are super shallow and only want U2 to play U2 songs! Why prevent the audience from hearing them covering great anthems? Why?

WHY? :mad:

If some people are open enough to accept the fact that Kanye West (= crapola) is opening some shows, why don't we allow Right Said Fred to duet with the boys?

Otherwise, U2 is doomed.

Wow, I never expected Mofo to be soundchecked. I hope they change the song a bit so we can get a new version (hopefuly a more rock n' roll version). I hope they don't stop playing Zoo Station for good though.

U2@NYC said:

Well, I am confused as I do not know whether a lot of the people in the crowd will know Mofo, given that Pop is not such a well-known album...

Pop may be a better known album than you think. Even if it wasn't, the fans that haven't heard Mofo will be introduced to a rollicking, high-energy song that kicks some serious ass. To me, this is a great way for U2 to re-introduce the Pop album to all of it's fans, new and old.

MCF74 said:

Pop may be a better known album than you think. Even if it wasn't, the fans that haven't heard Mofo will be introduced to a rollicking, high-energy song that kicks some serious ass. To me, this is a great way for U2 to re-introduce the Pop album to all of it's fans, new and old.

I agree that Mofo is a high-energy song, but it played a different role in Popmart, where it was used to get the crowd pumped for the beginning of the show... my sense is that, in Popmart, the crowd was more excited by U2's appearance than by the song itself... I might be wrong and would be happy to be proved otherwise.

:shrug:

U2@NYC said:

And if damn U2.com posts the setlist before the end of the show I will hack their site and transform it into a dog poop lover forum... :mad:

go for it!!!!!!!!!!! :yes: I won't tell even if they handcuff me and put the big spotlight on me. :silent:

ramblin rose said:
I'm intrigued as to why all of a sudden they're pulling out these songs. I would love to know how there mind works. Maybe they finally did get sick of playing the same thing day after day, although I wonder if any of this will come to the U.S.

Maybe they're just mixing it up for Canada?

Good question. Bono has always said that Pop was much better received in Canada than in the U.S. but I hope you guys get the new additions as well.

Back
Top Bottom