MERGED-->Toronto soundcheck today... + Finally Something From Pop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Muad'zin said:
Discotheque would be even more awesome if it was followed by the Popmart version of If you wear that velvet dress. Or how about redoing the 1st encore, instead of Zoo Station, The Fly, WOWY, go for Mofo, Discotheque/IYWTVD, WOWY. Instead of mixing it up earlier in the show, mix up the encore. One night Zoo TV style, the other night Popmart style.

Not that its going to happen though.

I think this is a great idea in theory regardless of what POP songs are put in. There is no way Zoo Station and the Fly are more known to the casual fan than Mofo and Discoteque .

U2@NYC said:

U2.com's executives leaving after their site had been hacked:

Baboons%20on%20road.jpg

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what has this thread come to??????????

I think I just peed my pants..! :ohmy: :laugh: :laugh: :reject: :crazy:

Sweet Tart said:
i want to hear gone so bad. but alas i know i won't so i have accepted it and moved on.

Why won't it be played? Gone is the most-played live song from Pop. It's got a margin of about 20 over the second song, SATS.

If anything is played off of POP I wish it would be either

Last Night on Earth
Do You Feel Loved

I have a question for Axver or anyone else that would possibly have an idea.

Was it a fact that they rehearsed UltraViolet (Light My Way)?

That song was fantatsic live.

Last edited:
YBORCITYOBL said:
I have a question for Axver or anyone else that would possibly have an idea.

Was it a fact that they rehearsed UltraViolet (Light My Way)?

That song was fantatsic live.

Bono was quoted as saying he'd like to play it, but I have no idea if the band ever attempted it in rehearsals. It did get snippeted at the end of a first leg Beautiful Day performance, though.

Folks,
It looks like u2.com will be posting the setlist every nite.. I got this email from them the other day..

Here's the first paragraph of it...

Dear U2 fan,

We're off again ! After a short summer break, the band kick off the third leg of Vertigo//05 tonight - Monday - in Toronto. This weeks Canadian shows are the first of fifty North American dates running until mid-December. Find all the dates here. We'll be posting set lists and show reports every night.....

there goes our setlist parties!!!!!!!!!!
:sad: :madspit:

1. Posting setlists each night does not mean posting them before/during the show. They used to post them every night ... AFTER the show. Except for a few incidences on the first leg, that is.

2. I'll just tell people not to post U2.com's set in the party thread. Might not stop some idiots, but hopefully it'll work.

kellyahern said:
Any reports from today, ruff? :)

been trying to call VintagePunk for the last hour--but her cell phone isn't working right, i think. so i'm going to call her daughter now. i'll let you know if i hear anything juicy :drool:

News news news news :hyper:

I want to make the setlist party early because I'm excited and impatient. Hurry up and be showtime already! :grumpy:

With all this talk of Mofo and Discotheque being rehearsed, I for one would love to see Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me make a few appearances with them as well. What a trifecta that would be.

if someone knows where setlists are posted on u2.com please post the link here, i'm sick of asking the question and having it ignored. WHERE ARE THE SETLISTS POSTED ON U2.COM (you know, the ones posted before the shows)

nuke126 said:
if someone knows where setlists are posted on u2.com please post the link here, i'm sick of asking the question and having it ignored. WHERE ARE THE SETLISTS POSTED ON U2.COM (you know, the ones posted before the shows)

It would be on the main page under news.

Steve

phanan said:
With all this talk of Mofo and Discotheque being rehearsed, I for one would love to see Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me make a few appearances with them as well. What a trifecta that would be.

Won't happen. Now THAT would be just too damn good to be true! HMTMKMKM. :rockon: Kind of like my futile hope that Acrobat might be played live again sometime soon. :sad:

I think you're going to see the POP section mainly in places the band have played on the first leg.

Back
Top Bottom