MERGED-->TicketsNow.com Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnovox

The Fly
Ticketsnow.com has 178 Boston GAs - what U2 should do about it!

To give you an idea of how bad the ticketbroker/scalper problem is, I counted 178 GA tickets available on Ticketsnow.com for the 2 Boston shows alone, 93 for the first show and 85 for the second. The prices range from $240-$525 per ticket.

They are only one broker. That's insane. Of course, the cheaper $240 GAs are tagged with line - "will ship within 2 weeks of the show." This means they don't have them yet - but they are ON ORDER (from who - the promoter or his affiliates? the venue?).

What U2 CAN do about this is trace where all the GA tickets went. Of course they will need the help of TM and the promoter to do this. Then they can do 2 things:

1. Take the promoter (or local promoter who may independently be skimming the tix) by the balls because that's likely where most of the missing GAs are. From this point, they need to carefully monitor the GA distribution to prevent unscrupulous promoters and venues from hording the GAs that have yet to go on sale. To the extent brokers have already obtained GAs in this fashion, those tickets should be CANCELLED.

2. They should purchase select GAs from brokers/ebay sellers who are selling multiple tickets (most, like ticketsnow, have dozens, even hunderds of GAs grrrr). To the extent these GAs were purchased with U2.com memberships, they should cancel these tickets and memberships as well.

That's real action.

What U2 should do about it?

Check those 178 Boston GAs against the presale codes.

Seriously, there appears to be one promoter for all NA and they are out of Toronto. The problem (in my opinion) lies there. There could be another level of siphoning through TM but I think it's the promoter. I say this because PHX, SEA and Vancouver are available. That doesn't sound like a distribution issue - it's a pre-distribution issue.

David

It's all Canada's fault! Blame Canada! :madspit:

Seriously, they could just add a bunch of additional tickets prior to the show and day of to the public. That would help aside from legal action.

Its actually not one broker. Most major brokers have a shared database of available tickets that they all post.

Then whoever's website makes the sale that broker gets a cut from the broker that actually has that pair of tickets.

If you go to a couple major broker sites you will see that a lot of the seats appear to be similar (i.e. section and row). Its because they are the same tickets.

My point was the problem is pre-distribution, not distribution. Toronto-based The Next Adventure (TNA) is screwing their own in Vancouver and will do so again in TO this fall given half a chance. Greed is the same everywhere. Hopefully U2 will have a tighter hold (in-house distribution would nice) on those GAs for the next leg.

David

Holy crap.. I thought I had crappy seats for San Jose but they are going for over $400 each! WTF??

ticketsnow.com $40 off purchase deal for U2.com members ?!?!

ticketsnow.com is offering a $40 discount off of your purchase of tickets if you are a U2.com member. They want us to buy tickets from them, at sky high prices, that we weren't able to get because of them ?

Unbelievable.

And how do they know who really is a U2.com member ?

Back
Top Bottom