MERGED->Ticketmaster for Pre-sale/General Sale to Start Saturday+Interesting tidbit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

njelevation06

War Child
Ticketmaster Will be used for Pre-sale/General Sale to Start Saturday

ticketmaster is showing another show ... the 10/24 show in Detriot.

DELIVERY OF ALL TICKETS WILL BE DELAYED ONE WEEK FROM PURCHASE TO VERIFY MEMBER STANDING (Delivery includes UPS, Mail, and ticketFast).

PRESALE SCHEDULE:
**Registered Propaganda Members Presale Begins: Tuesday, 03/15/05 10AM local
**U2.com Members: Unused Codes Presale Begins: Wednesday, 03/16/05 10AM local

Presale tickets can only be purchased each day between the hours of 10AM and 10PM local on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. All presales end Thursday at 10pm local time.

Support Act: TBA

US $52.00 - US $162.50
Internet Onsale Info
Onsale to General Public:
Sat, 03/12/05 10:00 AM

U2//VERTIGO//2005 TOUR

THE PALACE-AUBURN HILLS
NO CAMERAS OR RECORDERS
MON OCT 24, 2005 8:00PM

Looks like the presale will once again be done through ticketmaster and the general sale will start Saturday. That answers a lot of our questions.

"DELIVERY OF ALL TICKETS WILL BE DELAYED ONE WEEK FROM PURCHASE TO VERIFY MEMBER STANDING "

What's that mean? For example, my TM account has a credit card registered that is not in my name (it's a family members). Would that cause a problem if the code isn't connected to the card holder?

Last edited:
Anyone else notice that presale is listed to be after the general onsale? It MUST be an error.....

There's actually 4 shows listed already. Only one has the general onsale listed as after the presale (the Tampa show). The rest have the general sale either the 12th or 13th and the with the presale the 16/17.

Why do I get the creeps that this is still going to be a fiasco. Maybe they will update everything correctly before tomorrow.:|

Although I'm glad they are withholding tickets a week to check the member status.

I wonder when the other shows will be posted on Ticketmaster. Hopefully by the end of today (I'm crossing my fingers)

Interesting tidbit from Ticketmaster...

Check this out folks... This is from one of the philly dates in the fall.

Additional Information
DELIVERY OF ALL TICKETS WILL BE DELAYED ONE WEEK FROM PURCHASE TO VERIFY MEMBER STANDING (Delivery includes UPS, Mail, and ticketFast).

PRESALE SCHEDULE:
**Registered Propaganda Members Presale Begins: Tuesday, 03/08/05 10AM local
**U2.com Members: Unused Codes Presale Begins: Wednesday, 03/09/05 10AM local

Presale tickets can only be purchased each day between the hours of 10AM and 10PM local on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. All presales end Thursday at 10pm local time.

Support Act: TBA THE WACHOVIA CENTER IS LOCATED IN PHILADELPHIA,PA

That first paragraph where they say they are going to check member standing... This sounds like another way to verify if youre a scalper or that you are using your code properly (legit code, unused, etc).

They are really cracking down on this to make sure its run correctly. I have never seen this before. U2 and management are definitely involved in this wow! :yes:

Again, THANK YOU LARRY AND THE LADS! :wink:

Meh, won't matter to me, I used my presale code to get some upper deck seats in Chicago on the first leg.

Hope you guys who didn't/couldn't get any do well. If anyone in Chicago wants to buy me a GA ticket, I'd be more than happy to compensate them for the cost. :up: :)

starsgoblue said:
"DELIVERY OF ALL TICKETS WILL BE DELAYED ONE WEEK FROM PURCHASE TO VERIFY MEMBER STANDING "

What's that mean? For example, my TM account has a credit card registered that is not in my name (it's a family members). Would that cause a problem if the code isn't connected to the card holder?

U2Fanatic4ever said:
ok MODS...I Guess you are going to have to merge my thread with this one! oy vey... people can ya read the threads before you post an identical one.:|

Except this one is older than yours :wink:

starsgoblue said:
Someone please answer my question! :scream:

Personally, I don't think it has anything to do with your ticketmaster account. I think they'll be checking to make sure the codes are used properly, according the policy set out by U2.com.

And to double check that no limits were violated (2 GA 8 Ticket maximum per show).

That's my interpretation anyway.

So should my code (old Prop member) be showing up on my U2.com page? I dont see it. Just sais to check my inbox for details?
Does anyone really think they will add more dates.....I mean new cities not just add on dates in these same cities? Like Northern Calif?
Thanks

ramblin rose said:

Personally, I don't think it has anything to do with your ticketmaster account. I think they'll be checking to make sure the codes are used properly, according the policy set out by U2.com.

And to double check that no limits were violated (2 GA 8 Ticket maximum per show).

That's my interpretation anyway.

Thank you RR for your useful information! (wink wink)

I hope that is the case because the TM account credit card and the name behind the code don't match. I'd be bummed if I lost a ticket because of that.

U2SJ said:
So should my code (old Prop member) be showing up on my U2.com page? I dont see it. Just sais to check my inbox for details?
Does anyone really think they will add more dates.....I mean new cities not just add on dates in these same cities? Like Northern Calif?
Thanks

You should still see your code in your profile or underneath the Elevation Picture in Tour info (after you login).

I really have no idea about adding dates.

Last edited:
U2SJ said:
Thanks

yea, i'm an old prop member also, but for some reason i'm not seeing my code either....i'm getting the same message to check my inbox for details...

U2One said:

yea, i'm an old prop member also, but for some reason i'm not seeing my code either....i'm getting the same message to check my inbox for details...

Go to the "Tour Info" link. You use the same code as last time. It has been reactivated for one more use.

Ihad checked an hour ago and I didnt have my code under the elevation picture in the tour info or in my profile. I just checked again and it is there now

Back
Top Bottom