MERGED-->Ticketmaster can go fly a damn kite + u2 - go and fuck yourselves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosleftone

Refugee
Ticketmaster can go fly a damn kite

So anyway I was lucky and scored some GA's to Philadelphia, all is hunky dory.

However an hour after the fact I get a call from my bank concerning the purchase, turns out the bastards charged me 3 freakin times for the tickets. I call TM and they tell me that the three transactions are voided thus losing my tickets. I call the bank and they tell me 2 are voided but one has gone through.

Im currently on hold waiting for these gay bastards to get their heads out of their ass for five minutes. Next step is a Supervisor, final step is filing a formal complaint.

I suggest anyone who is having probs with these assholes do the same. All I want now are two tickets that I have already paid for. Make these morons work.

U2, Ticketmaster and everyone else involved in this fiasco did not handle their work properly. What a mess.

I feel bad for all of you in the same boat. We need to band together and help change this.

u2 - go and fuck yourselves

OK so it might not be their fault but its 'organised' on their behalf by ticketmaster.U2 take the money so should ultimately be held responsible for this fiasco.If they gave a shit about their fans they should demand a re-issue of codes or at the very least give us our money back.
Unless this happens its ....u2 - go and fuck yourselves,oh and i wont be bothering with this forum either.No point if i'm gonna burn all of my u2 cd's

sorry man...i've been through the same thing with the San Diego opener, they fucking fucked up my FRONT ROW seats. Now I have nothing but a message saying I "used my password already."

FUCK YOU TICKETMASTER

that fucking lady have me the run-around at principle, saying you have to EMAIL ticketmaster, not call, EMAIL. While all the damn tickets for the presale are going away, I have to wait for a fucking email. This is such bullshit, every show I wanted to go to is gone.

Unbeleivable. I wish Bono and the boys started selling parking lot tickets, at least I might have a chance and be part of the fun. And they could make even more money off their fans.

i'm convinced that eventhough (evenflow?) pearl jam could not do it, u2 is big enough that they could break ticketmasters back if they wanted to....
but they don't and we get the shaft...

and there are already scalper's (ticket broker companys) with auctions that started this morning that have over 100 GA tickets.... how does that even happen?....

the fans get hosed...

nice one... thanks, U2...

what is this tour called again? ah yes, the "vertigoscrewyourself tour"...

i feel like some pathetic eagles fan who's just been milked for cash for their twelfth "farewell" tour...

The thing is, lets say 60% of people were successful in getting presale tickets. Paul M will look at the 60%, and declare the presale a success. The only way to make them remedy this is with some REALLY bad PR. We have to turn out backs on the band.

I faxed my complaint to both their New York and Dublin offices, so I hope that they do not completely ignore it and do something serious with it.

There's no doubt that dealing with Ticketmaster takes years off of your life.

And our FTC anti-trust, anti-monopoly regulators chose to go after Microsoft instead of Ticketmaster??? Nice.

I'm just feeling good that I didn't waste $40 after they "couldn't find" my propaganda membership. Then I would be REALLY pissed. Good luck to everyone on the general sales!!!! (But only after I get my tickets)

I agree with the anti-trust thing they should have kept at ticketmaster. I am sure clear channel and media ownership can be blamed as well.

I feel you bonosleftone. I too scored some GA tix to Philly or so I thought but when I clicked submit after selecting shipping, I got an error message saying something like "sorry, we're not sure if your transaction went through" and then it only gave me an option to return to the main page, thus I lost my tickets. I was lucky enough to score some tix to the Boston show, but I wrote a complaint to tmaster about the lost tix, clearly stating the date and the city and I get a response from them today saying the my order did go through and they give me the confirmation number of my Boston show. I wonder if they even read my complaint. What a bunch of idiots.

Sorry man, maybe I will see you in Philly anyway.

Brian

What a complete fuckin mess. Anyone have a cool slogan to put on a T-shirt like the one we had a couple of weeks ago; U2.con

How about Ticketwanksters? Or better yet I was Ticketmaster's bitch.

This really makes the new album hard to listen to.

"Should have waited for the general sale"?? The only thing you'll get is the ass of the arena, and you'll come up with the conclusion: "They must all have been bought up during the pre-sale."
I'm not a member of any fanclub, never was. Still, I'm a big fan of live shows and I'm on fire for U2. I'll be honest though, and tell you I need to be on the floor to enjoy myself. Why? Answer is here: "Is General Admission REALLY that great?" thread in General Tour Discussion. But now, I'll take you guys a step further. You know what? FUCK fanclubs, BIG TIME! Sorry, I just don't believe you prove your loyalty to U2 with money - you do it by pouring out your love for them at the show, and they must hold a special place in your heart! I think it's those dumb people in fanclubs that got three or more presale codes and now end up with tickets for five or more shows to go to (and they're all small pussy arenas, not stadiums), and I stand here without ONE, even though U2 wouldn't forget me!
After we have tackled the problem of scalpers and ticket brokers, we'll only have to abolish those fascist fanclubs!

Yeah, I was thinking about that custom T-shirt thing, too. Mine would say one of the following:
"I had to bleed to be here, tonight" (if that wouldn't be too small on the shirt for others to read, when Bono puts it on like he did last time)
"Fuck Scalpers/Ticket Brokers"
"Fuck Presale"
"Fuck McGuinness!"
"Fuck U2!"

Back
Top Bottom