MERGED --> Ticket Drops at Day of Shows at Arenas? + ticketmaster ticketdrops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2heartsboston

The Fly
Anyone drink from a TM Drip yet??

Well is the Faucet on yet has there been anything?

Awaiting the drop in Boston ....

If I remember correctly, there has already been a drop for the Boston shows (about two weeks ago). A bunch club level seats became available at that time. Some ppl also scored GA's on the saturday that LV1 went on sale, if I remember correctly. That doesn't mean more will not be released, as proven by the Seattle and Denver drops.

MTEdge

Thanks for the News we can use

I scoped out Seattle and there seemed to be a off/on release
for a period of several days about 4-5 days prior but I did not read
about last minute releases were there?

What do you think?

There are two different kinds of tickets drops: 1) at the arena and 2) on TM.

As far as I know, each concert has had day of concert ticket drops except Vancouver2. (I've heard that the drop for Van2 occurred during the day for Van1, and all Van2 tix were snatched up at that time.) Those drops were made primarily at the arena, and included quite a few GA's. Glendale, however, had some amazing seated tix pop up on TM during the day before and the day of each concert.

Seattle had numerous ticket drops that were spanned out over two months on TM. In fact, I posted on here a couple of times saying that I was pulling up 8 tix (upper level $95 tix) at a time.

One thing I neglected to mention was that Seattle and Denver (and Glendale, just to pile on) were soft markets on this tour. As a result, there was a greater chance that (a) excellent tix would be "dropped," and (b) more tix (in terms of quantity) would be dropped. Both were possible because there probably were fewer VIP holdbacks.

By comparison, LA1 and LA2 had virtually no tix released on TM. Chicago 5/7 saw a trickle of single seats released today on TM. I expect the same to happen with NY1. (Philly and New Jersey are tough to gauge because a lot of the arenas are publicly, ehem, politican-owned arenas, which likely means friends and families of politicians will take the VIP tix.)

If history is any guide, I snagged excellent behind the stage tix (for each concert) literally days before the post 9/11 MSG concerts. In other words, do not expect better than behind the stage seats to be released at MSG, at least through TM.

I hope what I've written is coherent. I'll write up a thesis for the next tour!! :wink:

A Boston drop would be outstanding. Ticketmaster had a drop for the October and December shows a few weeks back but haven't seen or heard anything about the upcoming May shows. I'll just continue to hope for a miracle and land some saturday tickets (Like everyone else in New England and beyond.)

They had up to 4 tickets together in the balcony and some pairs of loge available when they popped up. I saw them on their for at least a full day (december shows). I don't know if they were an official drop but rather the result of people getting their orders cancelled for whatever reason. I bought tickets to the 12/5 show and on the purchase page, it said "Infill." No clue whether that means cancelled orders or seats that somehow went onsold previously.

MTEdge said:
There are two different kinds of tickets drops: 1) at the arena and 2) on TM.

As far as I know, each concert has had day of concert ticket drops except Vancouver2. (I've heard that the drop for Van2 occurred during the day for Van1, and all Van2 tix were snatched up at that time.) Those drops were made primarily at the arena, and included quite a few GA's. Glendale, however, had some amazing seated tix pop up on TM during the day before and the day of each concert.

Seattle had numerous ticket drops that were spanned out over two months on TM. In fact, I posted on here a couple of times saying that I was pulling up 8 tix (upper level $95 tix) at a time.

One thing I neglected to mention was that Seattle and Denver (and Glendale, just to pile on) were soft markets on this tour. As a result, there was a greater chance that (a) excellent tix would be "dropped," and (b) more tix (in terms of quantity) would be dropped. Both were possible because there probably were fewer VIP holdbacks.

By comparison, LA1 and LA2 had virtually no tix released on TM. Chicago 5/7 saw a trickle of single seats released today on TM. I expect the same to happen with NY1. (Philly and New Jersey are tough to gauge because a lot of the arenas are publicly, ehem, politican-owned arenas, which likely means friends and families of politicians will take the VIP tix.)

If history is any guide, I snagged excellent behind the stage tix (for each concert) literally days before the post 9/11 MSG concerts. In other words, do not expect better than behind the stage seats to be released at MSG, at least through TM.

I hope what I've written is coherent. I'll write up a thesis for the next tour!! :wink:

Thanks MTEdge for this excellent information :).

I never realized that the arenas and TM did separate drops - I always thought you could get the same tickets from the drop either way. That's good to know. Also good to know about MSG that its probably not worth waiting for TM to do a drop if you want tix in front of the stage.

I managed to land a pair of tix on e-bay for the 10/11 MSG show in Section 221 Row B for about $400. I don't know how I did it but the tix are in my hands and they really are great seats for the price.

The Philly October shows seem to be "reasonably priced" even by the brokers right now. You can get up close seats for only a little over face value.

Glad I can be of service. :wink:

Seats for the Oct./Nov. MSG shows are currently selling at about FV. However, there arent many auctions for seats on ebay right now for those dates. GA's for those dates, however, are going for about $500 (the 10/8 show is going for about $600). As the spring days turn to summer days, and then fall days, I expect a spike in MSG prices across the board.

OK, I'm done spouting on about ebay and ticket prices... for now!

MTEDge
Your work has not been in vain

My hands are tired ........

From typing on TM
you've got me with nothing to loose and
EVERYTHING TO WIN>>>>

Ticket Drops at Day of Shows at Arenas?

I think I read that for the shows out in California there were GA ticket drops at the arenas on the day of the shows, at noon and 6 PM. I'm trying to get a ticket for one of the Chicago shows, and will be trying on 5/7. Does anyone know if these ticket drops have continued througout the tour, and what times they happened?

Seattle $100-120 outside venue
Vancouver $175-350 outside venue

I saw people actually paying these prices a GA ticket. Even after the door had opened.

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:
Seattle $100-120 outside venue
Vancouver $175-350 outside venue

I saw people actually paying these prices a GA ticket. Even after the door had opened.

u2fp

what about chi-town? I'd pay $175

I don't recommend that you buy GA on the street. There are alot of fake tickets out there. Chicago is one of the cities with this problem

Soemtimes that is true. In Vancouver they only released 20 tickets on the second show but it is a very hit and miss trial.

ticketmaster ticketdrops

hi everyone. has anyone figured out any rhyme or reason to when ticketmaster releases extra tickets? they seem to do it regularly enough that there must be some sort of system that they're using. (i'm asking b/c i'm really hoping to score some boston 5/28 tickets.)

thanks!

it's all random, not just for U2, but other artists as well. I check every morning, noon afternoon, and night for the shows I want tickets for. You can do a buddy system, and have others checking as well and let you know and vice-versa.

Releasing GA tickets day of show

I heard about GA tickets being released for the Anaheim shows day of show, has this been the case for the shows since then? My brother might try to join me for the 5 14 Philly show but doesnt have a ticket. Anyone have any insight?

I got a GA ticket around midnight for the show on May 10.

I just got a GA ticket for tomorrow's show at 7 pm this evening.

I got a GA ticket on May 7. If you have fear of one show on this tour not getting GA's the day of the show its MSG May 21. Depends which celebrities will be there.

I just bought one for tonight 5/12 online (TicketMaster site) - someone else got one right after me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom