MERGED-->Those who got GA's what options did you pick?+Ticket-Buying Techniques

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2WOJO

The Fly
Those who got GA's what options did you pick?

Sounds like the advanced sale for Prop members went perfect, but for a non-Prop friend and in the general sale (sorry again 1 set of tickets per leg does not even come close to filling my demand for tickets for myself) I would be curious what selection worked. I will use my Prop code in next weeks sale, but will try my luck in the general sale this weekend.

Are you selecting best available or specifying GA? Are you selecting the price?

I'm pretty sure TM thinks $180 tickets are better than GAs, so make sure you specify GA if that's what you want.

you could choose "floor" so I chose "floor" to get GA's otherwise it gave me seats.

I specifically chose GA's as well, but there was a notice on the Ticketmaster Site saying that if you selected "best available" then it would look in GA's first then, if they were sold out, go on to other areas...

I've had GAs pop up right away on more than one occasion by selecting Best Aavailable during the first sale, and so did many other people. My guess is that Best Available goes for GA first, and this notice from Ticketmaster confirms it.

But the advantage of selecting Best Available is only that you save a split second that can make the difference in the end. For the pre-sale I will specify GA because time is not as much an issue than during the general sale when milions of people are trying at the same time.

I just went with Best Available and it automatically gave me GAs. Did this for both shows that I got tix for in the Prop presale.

how did you get your GA'S????

just wondering cause i'll be trying next wednesday for 2 ga's. did you select ga's only or best available to get your ga's???

what do you suggest i do????

I specifically chose floor/ga or whatever it was and got two pairs of GA's for two different shows. I don't know if it really makes a difference if you go with "best available" or not, I would assume TM considers GA to be the best ticket, but who knows... I would probably suggest going with the 'floor/ga' option if that's really what you want, because then you will be searching ONLY for that type of ticket...

TM explicitly says that Best Available goes for GA first. I didn't notice that until after, but I just selected 2, then in the last field available -- floor. I'm sure you'll be fine. And I don't know if anyone else had an issue with Firefox, but the password field didn't even show up for me. I freaked, turned to IE, and had it work. So given that I had to deal with that and was still able to secure 2 pairs of GAs for me and the same for a busy friend, you'll be fine.

I would select location rather then price. Because Tues is a Prop member day you should not have any problems at all but yesterday for regular u2.com member day I selected by price and the first few times it pulled up seats in the third level. I had to retry a couple of times by floor location before tickets finally popped up.

u2gator

Tried by location (Floor/General Admission) in Tuesday's Prop presale. No problems at all, and scored GAs to both 10/7 and 10/10 at MSG.

Good luck!

FYI I just noticed this on the event details page for the Atlanta show. Had never noticed it before...

This event has a standing room floor and there will not be any chairs. If you request best available, the system will sell the floor first until they are no longer available. You must request reserved seats under the Section Prompt.

So I have a question: For those of you who have been to these before and got floor seats; how bad was it? Were you totally crushed, or was it okay? My friend and I are planning to go, but she's been trying to get pregnant and is worried that if she's like 7 months along by then and we have GA's she'll get hurt. Should we try for reserved seats?

KieraAnne said:
So I have a question: For those of you who have been to these before and got floor seats; how bad was it? Were you totally crushed, or was it okay? My friend and I are planning to go, but she's been trying to get pregnant and is worried that if she's like 7 months along by then and we have GA's she'll get hurt. Should we try for reserved seats?

I wouldn't worry. At all the GA shows I attended during "Elevation" the floor crowd was very pleasant, there definitely wasn't any crushing, but things do get a wee bit tighter the closer you get to the stage. By law they're only allowed to have so many people on the floor, so there's room if you need it. If she's preg at the time it might be wiser to stay a bit farther back, just to have a bit more breathing room, but overall there's plenty of space on the floor.

Ticket-Buying Techniques / Let's Help Each Other

Compared to the general public trying to buy tickets this weekend and Monday we are a very small community. We stuck together during the first pre-sale and U2 listened. Now we stare the final general sale of Vertigo//2005 Tour dead in the face. Let's help each other out by revealing the secrets that some of us have used to score some great seats. These are mine but maybe you all have better secrets or would like to change these.

() Buy as many GA's as possible to any show as trading material
() Have friends go on other CPU's to purchase tickets (maximizes chances of getting what you want)
() Do not go to an outlet in person
() Be aware ticket window appears several seconds after scheduled on-sale time and adjust you refreshing accordingly
() Do not use multiple screens to search for tickets
() Use multiple screens only to have another date ready if you stop your original search
() If you wait time gets high move on, try another date or refresh your search.

Who else has tips or would like to ammend mine?
Thanks in advance!

I had no luck in the last general sale with the phone or computer, but a friend of mine went to the ticket outlet for me and she scored GAs that way--I live in a small town and the band isn't playing anywhere near here, so that strategy will work best for me.

I can't buy as many GAs as I want for trade material--cash flow problem with that idea! However, it's a great gesture to posts tips for getting tickets. Thanks for doing this :)

Some of the best tips are ones that shouldn't be advertised publicly, but would occur to you if you use a little common sense. It’s not like this is a secret forum. The big-time scalpers already have it down to a science and we don’t need to give the small-time amateur scalpers or the pseudo-fan “justifiably scalping” types any how-to-guides. The bottom line is we’re no longer competing only against just each other, here. Every half-assed entrepreneur who got a whiff of what tix were selling for on leg 1 is going to be waking up early on Saturday.

So, my advice is going to sound lame, but here it is. Don’t place so much importance on whether or not you get tix as soon as they go on sale. That helps you think clearly and act rationally. I don’t agree that you should buy extras as trade-bait that you plan to trade with complete strangers. A lot of these folks are going to be left holding $100 dollar seats that nobody who has time to consider the purchase is going to buy. They’ll wind up trading-down, eating them or selling for a loss.

I disagree. We are in this together. There are a ton of people trying to buy tickets this weekend/monday and I would much rather have interfercers get good seats than scalpers or fly-by-night fans. This isn't a secret forum but almost everyone on here is legit and are true fans. If someone took the time to find this forum and scoured it long enough to find this thread, than more power to him or her. Why are you so scared that few extraneous people may get good tickets because we are discussing ticketmaster secrets and helping fellow fans? I want interfercers to get great tickets. I'm sick and tired of those threads with disappointed fans. Its breaks me to see it. I want to do something about that and this is the time around. So if you have any tips please pass them along and help the interference community.

Here's another tip, try your local library. They have multiplie computers with very very fast connections. At 10AM or 9AM very few people will be there and you can greatly maximize your chances of gettings tix.

I agree. I am not a scalper, and by not allowing fans to know good tips and tricks it makes it even MORE likely for scalpers to get the tickets the fans deserve...so I say share away!
or e-mail me at papagnomethief@yahoo.com if you don't fell comfortable posting info here! :)

NJ, I'm with you. Let's help one another out. I had a friend yesterday who was like "yeah, I'm going to see them! I love those three old songs and that new one too!" It's a good thing I already have first leg tix (presale) or else I would have unleashed the fury... Regardless, the chance of those folks making the effort to find this particular thread are limited at best. So, whatever, let's all give each other a hand. We'll (hopefully) then be able to hold each other's spots when someone needs a bathroom break from the line...

Anyhow, I have a question about the multiple windows. This screwed me over last time, cancelling eachother out. Obviously going for GA's, but need a fallback. Can I search for my 2 GA's and something like 4 others at the same time? Or, just let the GA rip and then start otherwise IF (optimism!) I get denied? I still haven't mastered this...

Also, does anyone have a real answer for the "Best Available" question? Is that based on price? Are GA's "Best Available"?

Thanks for the suggestions. There are good people on here.

Back
Top Bottom