MERGED-->stage design drawings, plans, speculation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chrisedge said:
EXCLUSIVE from u2preservation...

Here is the REAL stage setup

With the "Parking Lot Stage" for all those unhappy fans without tickets. Also has the Nosebleed Stage for those fans with "Premium" fanclub seats.

sdsetup.jpg
Ha! I'd like to see Bono try to walk up THAT catwalk! :lol:

Chrisedge said:

With the "Parking Lot Stage" for all those unhappy fans without tickets. Also has the Nosebleed Stage for those fans with "Premium" fanclub seats.

sdsetup.jpg

:lmao: :lmao: :giggle: :giggle: @chrisedge

THAT is funny!

Personally, I think the original post - the rotating stage in the round - is pretty stupid. Doesn't anyone just have normal CONCERTS anymore? Do we really need a giant rotating target with video screen and big flashy thingies and bla bla bla to have a good time? I think not.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
THAT is funny!

Personally, I think the original post - the rotating stage in the round - is pretty stupid. Doesn't anyone just have normal CONCERTS anymore? Do we really need a giant rotating target with video screen and big flashy thingies and bla bla bla to have a good time? I think not.

I personally liked the no effects-stripped down shows on Elevation-They just got up and jammed for 2 hours, that was awesome...

It'd be funny if it spun too fast... everybody in the egg would be covered in Bono barf. Imagine waiting in line all day for that!

:bono: :sick:

one4u2 said:

I personally liked the no effects-stripped down shows on Elevation-They just got up and jammed for 2 hours, that was awesome...

Exactly! Even without the smaller (Elevation) screens and the four monitors overhead.

Chrisedge said:

sdsetup.jpg

:lmao: That's bloody hilarious! :lmao:

one4u2 said:

I agree....100% % !!!!!!

It would be GREAT...if they went back to the "basics" and had a
more "simplier" and "easier" stripped-down stage show......

But truthfully....I think the new design is gonna be "TOTALLY
SPECTACULAR", because they have already said how this tour
is gonna "blow us away"...and cost them about a million $$ ...
per show to put it on each night...

I do like the post by Chrisedge though, with the 3 stages....
It will never happen... but man, can he DREAM!! :lol:

ChrisEdge that is hilarious.

Regarding the original design that is the topic of this thread. It is 100% fake. The stage is not in the round, as in the center of the floor. The stage that appeared briefly on the AZ seating chart layout is the basic layout. The question is on that diagram is whether the box on the end is the mixing desk or a B stage.

Chrisedge said:

sdsetup.jpg

best. stage. design. EVER

:lol:

Blue Room said:
ChrisEdge that is hilarious.

The stage that appeared briefly on the AZ seating chart layout is the basic layout. The question is on that diagram is whether the box on the end is the mixing desk or a B stage.

Actually, the box on the end is this really super big Suggestion Box -- you can put in Setlist Ideas, 3rd Leg Locations, and tell the boys what clothes and hats you want them to wear.

Seriously, ChrisEdge -- that diagram is the best laugh I had all day -- nearly made me pee.

BWU2Buffs said:

Actually, the box on the end is this really super big Suggestion Box -- you can put in Setlist Ideas, 3rd Leg Locations, and tell the boys what clothes and hats you want them to wear.

:lol: Awesome, make sure you start a thread over on U2.com stating that. Half the people there will think its real!! :lol: Cool, lets all vote for Red Hill Mining Town, stuff the ballot box, lets start a petition!!!!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
THAT is funny!

My thoughts exactly!

Westport said:
I can't wait until opening night in San Diego...when they open the doors I'll call someone here and describe what it all looks like and they can post it...only then will the speculation end....unless they offer someone a sneak at rehearsals...

It's finally March!!!

eek, that`s what I'm worried about - when I "run" into the building in SD, I won`t know where the best spot for me will be. I hope we have a better idea prior to the first gig.

I think it's pretty likely you're going to see the "video-floor", a la the Super Bowl and the Oscars...That way, they can create the "Vertigo" effect - concentric ellipses, spinning around rapidly - (and other motion effects) without the stage or the band having to move.

Not sure what that means for the people on the floor, though.

martha said:
I will gladly sacrifice myself so if the fellas go flying off the stage, they can land on me. :D

I'm a giver. It's who I am.

I'm kind of glad I'm not going to opening night... It's always best to have an idea of what you're getting into before going (i.e, where to shoot for when walking/running to the floor :sexywink: ).

That picture looks completely fake, btw.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I'm kind of glad I'm not going to opening night... It's always best to have an idea of what you're getting into before going (i.e, where to shoot for when walking/running to the floor :sexywink: ).

That picture looks completely fake, btw.

That is why, even though I have Opening Night GA's, I'm not waiting in line. Get there around 3pm, hang out, have fun and not worry about getting RIGHT against the stage. I've gotten close enough waiting til 7pm doing GA, I'm not worrying about how it's gonna go. Just go and have fun.

I don't like or really trust the rotating thing either.... but it was just a rumour i stumbled upon. Besides that, rumors will keep you busy while waiting for the real thing....

When I was trying for tickets at Glendale arena, I clicked on the seating chart & what came up wasn't the generic seating chart but one that actually showed the stage. It was only on there for a few minutes & then they got rid of it in a hurry.
Anyone else come across this?
It made perfect sense.
It was an end stage shaped like the red & black target. There was a main stage then another circular ramp going out from the main stage - think of a Campell's soup(main stage) inside a large Folger's coffee can. Push the small can up against the edge of the large can & that's basically what it looked like Now all the space between the large can & the small can is the old GA heart concept.
The interesting thing about the design was that there was another ramp that extended out from the ramp of the outer edge of the circle - think of the tip of the heart & put a ramp on that going straight out to the far end of the arena - that would eliminate the small amount of space available at the tip that was so popular. The ramp looked like it went out about another 20 feet from the outer circle.
It was an amazingly simple but effective design. Now go get a couple of tin cans so you can see what I'm on about!!
.:D

Ya, I've seen that. The pic has been circling around the boards, and there's hot debate as to whether that "island" is a bstage or mixing desk

i have a stage idea i might post later...

Back
Top Bottom