MERGED --> Song Before U2 Comes On Stage MEGATHREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wake up/Arcade Fire
Yellow/Coldplay
Rebel Rebel/David Bowie
Take Me Out/Franz Ferdinand
American Idiot/Green Day
Obstacle 1 (and possibly Slow Hands)/Interpol
Club Foot/Kasabian
Somebody Told Me/Mr. Brightside/The Killers
Can't Stand Me Now/The Libertines
Money/Pink Floyd
Leaving New York/REM
Christine/Siouxsi and the Banshee's
Panic/The Smiths
Spitting Games/Chocolate/Snow Patrol
12:51/The Strokes
Venus/Television - nice:drool:
Rock and Roll/The Velvet Underground
Seven Nation Army/The WHite Stripes
5:15/The Who

possible - not really sure
Vice/Razorlight
Ash ? - unknown song

the fact that I had most of these songs - okay all of these songs prior to the show worries me some:wink:

Last edited:
hmmmm great list, but the one I'm thinking of is still missing. They played it at Philly and both NJ shows ... its really upbeat and sounds like a can is being shaken ahhhh this is killing me

oops - forgot this one
I predict a Riot/Kaiser Chiefs

not exactly the title you want to playing for a sold out GA crowd but it works:wink:

Song they play when the band is taking the stage?

sorry if this is ignorant to ask here, but does anyone know what song was playing as the boys took the stage last night?

as for the show. i keep promising myself that i'm cut off. but i keep buying tickets for shows. after being screwed out of tickets during the presale, it was sweet to arrive at the venue around 6:00 and be able to purchase 2 GA's for face at the box office. told myself on the way down that if it was meant to be, i'd get tickets.

yes, amazing. my 4th show on this tour so far. i just wish i could bottle the feeling of being there. was thrilled they snuck ultraviolet in. i had just told my friend that they wouldn't play it and there it was.

only bummer is that i rear-ended someone as i was leaving the show. damn fools running through traffic!

d'oh! i wanted this to appear below the philly thread. mods, feel free to move this! must be monday after 4 hours of sleep...

Whats the song they come on stage to

I know this has been asked before but what is the song they come on stage to.

:drool: WAKE UP is one of the greatest parts of the show. As soon as I heard that come over the P.A. I got so excited cause I knew they were about to come on. Not to mention that The Arcade Fire are totally awesome.

njelevation06 said:
does anyone know the name of the song (they've played it the last three nights) they play sorta right before wake up ,,, its upbeat and it sounds like someone is shaking a spraypaint can during it??

I think it's the same song I'm trying to identify as well. They played it at MSG after The Killers and Modest Mouse but before Arcade Fire. I've spent about 2 hours on iTunes going through Alternative/Indie/Pop/Rock iMixes and genres and have come up empty. I can't think of a single lyric from it otherwise it could be googled! I can only replicate the beat and guitar sound. What's worse is my daughter (who came to the show with me) knows exactly what song I'm talking about but can't tell me the title or artist! AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

At the first Boston show they played Holiday by Green Day. I'm not a huge Green Day fan but I must admit that song got me pumped.

I know its off the subject, but somewhere earlier someone mentioned that the EVERYONE! is done by Bono. I don't think that is correct, I think I recall it being Gavin Friday.

Originally posted by njelevation06
does anyone know the name of the song (they've played it the last three nights) they play sorta right before wake up ,,, its upbeat and it sounds like someone is shaking a spraypaint can during it??

LDG said:

I think it's the same song I'm trying to identify as well. They played it at MSG after The Killers and Modest Mouse but before Arcade Fire. I've spent about 2 hours on iTunes going through Alternative/Indie/Pop/Rock iMixes and genres and have come up empty. I can't think of a single lyric from it otherwise it could be googled! I can only replicate the beat and guitar sound. What's worse is my daughter (who came to the show with me) knows exactly what song I'm talking about but can't tell me the title or artist! AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

tell me about it, its been killing me for 2 weeks ... I did the same thing on itunes and no luck!! Someone please help us out!! Please!!

I FOUND IT!!!! My daughter remembered the video and reported back:

The song is called Seed (2.0) by The Roots. I just downloaded it from iTunes.

RELIEF!!!

List of Pre-Show tunes

The Killers - Mr Brightside & Somebody Told Me
Interpol - Obstacle 1 & Slow Hands
Modest Mouse - Float On
REM - Leaving New York
Coldplay - Clocks
The Arcade Fire - Wake Up
The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
The Strokes - 12:51
The Shins - ?
Bloc Party - Banquet
The Libertines - Can't Stand Me Now
The Futureheads - Hounds of Love
Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out
The Rapture - House Of Jealous Lovers
Morrissey - Irish Blood, English Heart
Green Day - American Idiot
Pixies - Here comes Your Man
Siouxie & The Banshees - Christine
The Cure - A Forest
The Clash - The Magnificent Seven
The Velvet Underground - Rock'n'Roll
Television - Venus De Milo
Blondie - Heart Of Glass
Talking Heads - And She Was
David Bowie - Rebel Rebel
Pink Floyd - Money
The Who - 5:15
Beastie Boys - Check it Out
The Smith's - Panic
Kasabian - Club Foot
Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict A Riot
Snow Patrol - Spitting Games & Chocolate
The Roots - Seed (2.0)

oh, cool list!
sorry if I'm adding to the same-questions-again scene, but this full list doesn't get played consistently before show, does it? I recall some of these tunes but not all...

cheers...

Pre-Show Tunes

regarding the big list.

I saw three gigs so far (NJ1, NJ2 and MSG) and heard most of the above tunes either before U2 or Kings of Leon. Some come from other reports.

There seem to be a digital database of tunes (IPod?) with same random playing every night, with the only fixed position being The Arcade Fire's Wake up which was played louder than the other tunes.
For example i heard Take Me Out before the Kings of Leon one of the nights and before U2 other.

Quite a nice list of tunes, with only a couple of pet hates of mine (Green Day & Coldplay)

Back
Top Bottom