MERGED --> Song Before U2 Comes On Stage MEGATHREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone know what song....

Right before the "Everyone, everyone..." what song is playing? I was in Seattle1 and Vancouver1, and they were the same. The crew seemed to get really focused and in "action mode" when it came on, (as were we!) and then the show started. I just wanted to know what it was. Thanks!

Re: Anyone know what song....

joymoot said:
Right before the "Everyone, everyone..." what song is playing? I was in Seattle1 and Vancouver1, and they were the same. The crew seemed to get really focused and in "action mode" when it came on, (as were we!) and then the show started. I just wanted to know what it was. Thanks!

Ummm, did you read the whole thread?:eyebrow:

I merged the question over to this existing thread... that was a thread starter... it is just hard to keep adding individual thread titles to the header

Even if you don't recognize the song, you'll definitely know it's the last one. They crank up the volume so much, it's impossible not to guess that the band is about to come on. :wink:

thanks, sorry about putting it in the wrong place! I'm new and just didn't see the threas it was supposed to be in. Thanks, though....

kakvox said:

Rock and Roll - Lou Reed

I think it was The Velvet Underground, which Lou Reed was a part of......but perhaps it could have been a different version than the one on Loaded.....

songs before u2 hits the stage

have been to 2 chicago shows both were awesome, I was just wondering if any one knows the songs that are played on the PA before u2 hits the stage, I know they play the killers, modest mouse and arcade fire is the last song before they play before the lights go down. if anyone knows any of the other songs that are played please let me know, it would be a huge help

Re: songs before u2 hits the stage

kmoss52 said:
have been to 2 chicago shows both were awesome, I was just wondering if any one knows the songs that are played on the PA before u2 hits the stage, I know they play the killers, modest mouse and arcade fire is the last song before they play before the lights go down. if anyone knows any of the other songs that are played please let me know, it would be a huge help

David Bowie - Rebel, Rebel
Coldplay - Clocks (5/7, cut off near the start of the song on 5/9)
Kasabian - Club Foot (definitely heard it last night)
Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict A Riot (again, definitely heard it last night)

Those are the only ones I can think of at the moment...

kakvox said:
I know last night they played:

American Idiot - Green Day
Clocks - Coldplay
Float On - Modest Mouse
Rebel Rebel - David Bowie
Rock and Roll - Lou Reed
Leaving New York - R.E.M.
Wake Up - The Arcade Fire
1 Strokes song (can't remember the name)
1 Interpol song (can't remember the name)

I may be missing 1 or 2...

The Strokes song was 12:51, the Interpol song was Obstacle 1. And I'm pretty sure Rock and Roll was the version from VU Loaded :)

In addition to those listed they also played (at 5/7 at least) Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes, Venus by Television :)drool: ), Can't Stand Me Now by The Libertines, and Mr. Brightside by The Killers... I know they all did a Who song, I didn't know it though, but a bunch of people in front of me were singing along enthusiastically.

I was the dork making a playlist on my iPod before the show... :D

Intro song

What is that song that U2 is starting all their shows with? If this is a repeat thread because I'm too lazy to search I sincerely apologize =). Thanks!

i cant believe there are 7 other threads with the exact same topic and they havent been merged

i think maybe the mods need to "wake up"

get it???

im just kidding you know i love you mods :love: :heart: :love:

yes but there were 6 other threads that could have been merged with it

and now this one makes 7!!

does anyone know the name of the song (they've played it the last three nights) they play sorta right before wake up ,,, its upbeat and it sounds like someone is shaking a spraypaint can during it??

Back
Top Bottom