MERGED --> Song Before U2 Comes On Stage MEGATHREAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's the greatest album of 2004, bar none.

arcade fire are perhaps the greatest thing to happen to music since broken social scene.

Seeing Arcade Fire on Thursday! I'm quite excited by the prospect...

very good stuff. two great things about this song is that 1. it's great! 2. when it plays over the PA, you know U2 will be on the stage soon!

ultrraviolette said:
Arcade Fire is one of the BEST bands to come out in the last year or so

I think they're the best band to come out in the last TEN years, period.

The best rock albums in last year or so:

1. Interpol: Antics
2. The Arcade fire: The Funeral
3. The Snow Patrol: Final Straw
4. The Killers: Hot Fuss

and the are all opening for U2 except the arcade fire.

I'm seeing the killers, but I would kill for Interpol . Arcade fire would be terrific.. they are so fresh.:drool:

Did we mention that they are Canadian....and that I just passed up tickets to go see them tonight......because of my allergy medication.

SH*T

Last edited:
:reject: I won the arcade fire album in a competition i won 25 albums and because of some of the other albums being so good i did'nt even realise who's album it was .....until yesterday and i can't stop playing it now.

Arcade Fire is the best live act right now. Sure U2 is great and all.... but i saw Arcade Fire back in January and their show has overshadowed any show ive seen this year so far.

I saw them live this week.

They are incomparable. THAT good.

I thought Interpol was great live. Arcade Fire blows them out of the water every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Just absolutely brilliant.

Marko said:
The best rock albums in last year or so:

1. Interpol: Antics
2. The Arcade fire: The Funeral
3. The Snow Patrol: Final Straw
4. The Killers: Hot Fuss

and the are all opening for U2 except the arcade fire.

I'm seeing the killers, but I would kill for Interpol . Arcade fire would be terrific.. they are so fresh.:drool:

I just purchased 1, 2 and 4 -- had to draw the line somewhere.

I've been through most of the Arcade Fire disc twice now, and it is very solid. The first few songs are great, it kind of studders in the middle, but the last few songs pick it up again.

I appreciate the post -- old f*ers like me with too many kids don't have the time to seek out the latest and greatest.

Thanks again,
Buff

Song Before U2 Comes On Stage

Just got back from the chicago show, really really good show, just wondering if anyone knows what the name of the song is that is played before the house lights go down and the band walks on stage.

'Wake Up' by The Arcade Fire. I highly recommend the album they put out last year called 'Funeral'. My favorite of 2004. :wink:

:wink: For anybody in the UK The arcade fire are on Later with Jools Holland on Friday 13th May at 23.35,should be good as The Foo fighters are on as well.

One thing is for sure, whoever picked this songed as the song before they come on stage nailed it. I have never seen so many people in so many different forums ask this same question.

The song definately leaves an impression.

Intro music

Does anyone know the intro music that is played before U2 hit the stage, I have only been able to ID a few, not in order of course.

1. American Idiot - U2
2. Wake Up - Aarcade Fire
3. Rebel Rebel - U2
4. Float On - Modest Mouse
5. 2 by 4 (I think) - The Strokes

There's a song that I can't get out of my head that goes.

"Christine...strawberry girl...Christine." Who sings that? At first I thought that it was Placebo.

I know last night they played:

American Idiot - Green Day
Clocks - Coldplay
Float On - Modest Mouse
Rebel Rebel - David Bowie
Rock and Roll - Lou Reed
Leaving New York - R.E.M.
Wake Up - The Arcade Fire
1 Strokes song (can't remember the name)
1 Interpol song (can't remember the name)

I may be missing 1 or 2...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom