MERGED --> Seattle, Vancouver, Phoenix tix, Coming Soon?? + getting a wee bit worried

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calluna

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Seattle, Vancouver, Phoenix tix, Coming Soon??

Am I the only one getting this 'coming soon' message for the Seattle, Vancouver and Phoenix shows?? I can't even begin to look for tickets!

I mean, all the US dates went on sale at 10am, right??

I feel like I'm on crazy pills over here!

Looks like the Phoenix, Seattle and Vancouver pre-sales will be done on another day (they're the only cities that the dates for the normal ticket sales haven't been announced).

It would've been nice if u2.com had told us subscribers in this city that we needn't bother with the internet pre-sale today...wait for our notices.

I've sent them an e-mail, but i think they're probably dealing with about 354,978 e-mails right now.

I'm waiting to buy tickets for the Vancouver show. I heard on Rock 101 that tickets for Vancouver go on sale next week sometime. I'm assuming that means next Saturday Feb.5 so the presale would probably be the Tuesday before (Feb. 1). I just hope they sort out this fucking mess by then.

I really hope that pre-sale dates for those cities are announced soon. I’ve been stressing over Phoenix for 2 days now. After everything that's happened today with the presale, I'm not very optimistic about receiving GA tickets. :|

Judah said:
It would've been nice if u2.com had told us subscribers in this city that we needn't bother with the internet pre-sale today...wait for our notices.
Yeah, really.

If it's true that the presale for these dates will be on a different day, it might be a blessing in disguise because perhaps they will have their shit together by then.

Judah, if you receive a response to your email from ticketmaster will you post it here please?

Calluna said:

Yeah, really.

If it's true that the presale for these dates will be on a different day, it might be a blessing in disguise because perhaps they will have their shit together by then.

Judah, if you receive a response to your email from ticketmaster will you post it here please?

Will do.

Till then i'll try to figure out who i have to sleep with to get some GA tickets (in case the pre-sale is as wonky as todays)...

Well, seeing how everything has unfolded today, I feel blessed to be trying the Vancouver presale. I knew it would be a mess today.

It look like they should have staggered the presale dates a bit better, as TicketMaster is completely overwhelmed. :crazy:

Actually, it isn't as bad as it "appears."

Fact: If most people just could be happy to be in the same building as U2, 90% of the complaints here would simply disappear.

If I can only get behind the stage, then so be it.

Ok I just got a reply from Ticketmaster customer service..here it is:

Hi,

At this time we do not have confirmation for the U2 Vertigo Tour on sale or pre sale date for Vancouver. As we are aware of how frustrating this is, we ask that fans be patient and continue to check back to ticketmaster's website and as soon as any information has been made public you will find it there.
Thank you,

Bradley Stock
Customer Service Representative
Ticketmaster Canada Ltd.
(604) 681-3272
csvancouver3@ticketmaster.ca

Raid said:
Ok I just got a reply from Ticketmaster customer service..here it is:

Hi,

At this time we do not have confirmation for the U2 Vertigo Tour on sale or pre sale date for Vancouver. As we are aware of how frustrating this is, we ask that fans be patient and continue to check back to ticketmaster's website and as soon as any information has been made public you will find it there.
Thank you,

Bradley Stock
Customer Service Representative
Ticketmaster Canada Ltd.
(604) 681-3272
csvancouver3@ticketmaster.ca

Thank you for that scoop. My money is on for next Tuesday.

Raid, thanks for posting this. And anyone else who receives info from ticketmaster or U2.com regarding these shows, please post it here.

On the Phoenix show...

U2 coming to Glendale
The Arizona Republic
Jan. 25, 2005 12:00 AM

After postponing its latest world tour due to an illness in the
family, Irish rock supergroup U2 has firmed up U.S. and European dates
that will include an April 14 concert at Glendale Arena.

The Valley show is the fifth date of the Grammy-winning band's outing,
which heads to Europe on June 10.

The local promoter, Evening Star Productions, said Monday that ticket
information should be released by late this week

Roland of Gilead said:
Actually, it isn't as bad as it "appears."

Fact: If most people just could be happy to be in the same building as U2, 90% of the complaints here would simply disappear.

If I can only get behind the stage, then so be it.

I admire your positive attitude but being a Prop member used to mean that you could do a hell of a lot better than "behind the stage" or "in the same building as U2".
I've been blessed to have seen U2 live 7 times and I've never needed to resort to crap tickets.
If U2.com can't help me get GA tickets and I can't acquire them through a broker I'll just pass on catching them on this tour.

The DVD will be better, MUCH better than being in the rafters.

Goddamnit! I want to get Seattle tickets .... GRRRR... so annoying having to wait.
I'm kinda scared people will try to use our codes by just 'making up' codes and seeing if they work or hacking into the site to steal codes.
It sucks having to wait!!! I have no patience!!! I want Seattle & Vancouver.... will I ever get my tickets? And like the rest of the world I WANT GA!!!

From U2.com:
Please be aware that although the first of the presales have begun today, the timing of presales is co-ordinated with the general on-sale at different venues - the presale begins at different times for some cities, but the exclusive advance window remains the same for U2.Com members. (Be assured that if the presale you are interested in does not begin today, no tickets for that show will be on sale until the presale begins – and then only to U2.Com Members.)

More as we get it.
But they still don't say when the presale for these shows will be taking place.

Ultimately, 13 cities for 1st leg was going to cause this "smash and grab" panic that went on today. The demand is just way to much for so few cities. There is always the general sale. There is always the much larger 3rd leg (in the same year too!).

"Get what you can get" is all I can say.

About Prop, I really miss them today. :( It was an amazing service.

getting a wee bit worried

i have checked ticketmaster the last couple of days and their is nothing about the glendale arena date in phoenix? anyone heard anything? is it better to call for tickets or try and buy online? any info would be greatly appreciated.

Right now I am thinking that the Seattle, Vancouver and Phoenix dates won't be going on general onsale this Saturday. When they will actually go onsale (presale or general) is anyone's guess at this point.

Nerfherder said:
http://search.ebay.com/Seattle-U2-tickets_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

Wow! Scalpers are already selling tickets for Seattle. >< I'm just wondering how in the hell they already have them.

My thoughts exactly. Key Arena's site doesn't even list the Seattle show yet and I am freaked out by the agencies selling GAs for the show already. Will anything ever bring down this Ticketmaster monopoly-ticket-agency-backdoor BS?

How can they be selling tickets for a show that hasn't even gone on presale yet?? I really hope this is wrong somehow. :mad:

yeah.. hm that doesn't really make sense.

i'm anxious waiting about the vancouver show . i'm not going to panic (well i'll try not to) until i get screwed over big time or something.

hopefully that isn't happening to us right now.. :|

if this is the case that TM is giving backdoor tickets before presale tickest i SWEAR i will be sooo pissed! WHat do they think they are?? well i guess they must be like the mafia (the ticket brokers) and TM just suplies them what they want. Gee that is sooooo fair!

I hope Bono, Larry, edge and adam are reading this and they do something about it!

I'm still waiting for info on when the presale or indeed the general onsale for these dates will take place.

Back
Top Bottom