MERGED --> Question about how to do a ticket swap + Need advise for trade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PaleBlueDot

War Child
Question about how to do a ticket swap -- Experienced advice please!

I'm arranging to do a straight up ticket swap with someone who is in another country -- I'm in the U.S., they're in Ireland, and I'm trading a fall NYC show for a Dublin show. Obviously, if you've never met the person, the best way to go about it is to trade in person once I get to Dublin...but neither of us wants to wait until then -- especially me, because Dublin tickets are so hard to get and I need the security of having them in my hand well before the shows. But if we mail them, that would require a lot of trust in each other as well as in the mail services...

Can anyone suggest a good solution to this problem?

Ask if he has a trusted friend in NYC that he could send the tickets to, then he could trade with you.

the trades i've done:

1.) you meet in person (which i still recommend, because obviously its the safest!)

2.) send the tix to someone u both can trust (and who's willing to take the responsibility), and who sends them on once you have them. that's what i did once (our middle man was a moderator from a u2site, and i guess you should trust moderators and webmasters :) ). but:
a) that takes a while
b) it costs much more
c) if the tix get lost on the way somewhere you're screwed

so i still recommend meeting in person!

there is always a handful of trust needed...There is no 100% of getting that ticket or getting the right, the original ticket, so you have to think first and realize that you actually do RISK!
Good luck,

I did a trade with a new guy here. It's a leap of faith that sometimes you just have to take.

I got my tickets and he got his. We each mailed them certified, return receipt requested, so neither of us could claim we never got them in the mail.

It depends on how badly you want the tickets.

need advice for trade

i have two tix to the buffalo show. they are seats face value of 160 a piece and i wish to trade them for two GA's and i may have a taker. i was wondering is this fair and for whom? should i be expecting cash as well. he said he would only do straight up. i guess i just wanted a second opinon to see whats what.

any input will be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
The way I see it is this:

Are you comfortable with paying $160 for a GA ticket? If you really want GAs and think they are worth it, then go for it. Its not really about fairness, I mean its not illegal or anything to trade. Its whatever would make you happy. But if your not willing to pay that much for GAs you could just keep your seats.

I paid $160 for my seat, I would trade it for a GA in a heartbeat! It would be worth it to me.

Re: need advice for trade

TheBrush said:
i have two tix to the buffalo show. they are seats face value of 160 a piece and i wish to trade them for two GA's and i may have a taker. i was wondering is this fair and for whom? should i be expecting cash as well. he said he would only do straight up. i guess i just wanted a second opinon to see whats what.

I did a straight across trade: A single $200 ticket for 2 $55 tickets. Technically, it was a one-sided trade, but these are Vegas tickets, and I know that I wouldn't be able to get a pair for less than $200. I considered it a fair trade.

It all depends on how badly you want the tickets.

I have done 2 GA for seats swaps and the people that got the GAs from me were VERY happy about it (Hey Bill & Cary). No $ changed hands, only tickets. It depends on what you want.

Back
Top Bottom