MERGED --> Presale code question + Presale for Third Leg + Code still working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kakvox

Refugee
Presale code question

Will those of us who used it for this leg be able to use it again for the third leg? :huh:

Q. When is the latest I can join U2.Com to be involved in the Internet ticket pre-sale?
A. You must have joined U2.Com by Monday evening 24th January to gain access to the Internet ticket pre-sale, which will cover the bands first North American leg and the European leg of the 2005 tour.

Which I interpret to mean, new codes may be issued because new people can join before the third leg.

Oh maybe that's it.. they will send us new codes for the later dates.

I read in today's news on U2.com:

It is the band's intention to return to North America for further shows in the fall and U2.Com subscribers, who have not been able to use their unique access codes so far, will be able to buy tickets for these additional dates. Once again these tickets will be available on a strictly first come first served basis.

Maybe I will have luck getting GA during the 3rd leg.

I spoke to U2.com/Fanfire customer service, and they stated that the code I have now will be good for the entire tour. And they said that new codes will NOT be reissued.

Also, this was pulled from the story that's on inference.com right now (I can't use a friggin' link yet 'cause I need 15 posts. I'm quiet - leave me alone! :madspit: :

"It is the band's intention to return to North America for further shows in the fall and U2.Com subscribers, who have not been able to use their unique access codes so far, will be able to buy tickets for these additional dates. Once again these tickets will be available on a strictly first come first served basis."

And I haven't seen it anywhere where people can join-up before the 3rd leg starts. I thought that once the membership sale was over, it was over for good. I think that 90,000 (or whatever it's at)members is enough. :mad: We certainly don't need the ticket ratf@#k all over again.

jame_0 said:
I spoke to U2.com/Fanfire customer service, and they stated that the code I have now will be good for the entire tour. And they said that new codes will NOT be reissued.

Also, this was pulled from the story that's on inference.com right now (I can't use a friggin' link yet 'cause I need 15 posts. I'm quiet - leave me alone! :madspit: :

"It is the band's intention to return to North America for further shows in the fall and U2.Com subscribers, who have not been able to use their unique access codes so far, will be able to buy tickets for these additional dates. Once again these tickets will be available on a strictly first come first served basis."

And I haven't seen it anywhere where people can join-up before the 3rd leg starts. I thought that once the membership sale was over, it was over for good. I think that 90,000 (or whatever it's at)members is enough. :mad: We certainly don't need the ticket ratf@#k all over again.

Ok, but then why is this info still on the website:

Q. When is the latest I can join U2.Com to be involved in the Internet ticket pre-sale?
A. You must have joined U2.Com by Monday evening 24th January to gain access to the Internet ticket pre-sale, which will cover the bands first North American leg and the European leg of the 2005 tour

Do you guys mean that those who haven't used their code yet will only be able to do presale for the third leg? I had always thought that there would be 2 seperate presales. I wish the'd make it all a little clearer!

Last edited:
http://www.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/fanfire.woa/wa/product?sku=U2TFN001

Subscribe to U2.com
(U2TFN001)
Subscribe now and get:

Your own @u2.com email address.
A credit card shaped membership card.
Concert presale opportunities.
Priority ticket sales.
Exclusive U2 content.
Members only message board.
And qualify for a 25% discount on a future purchase from the U2 Online store.

If they arent offering it anymore... someone really needs to get their head out of their ass over at fanfire and u2.com.

I don't look at u2.com very often, but from what I've seen here, they're not very good at updating things. So I wouldn't be surpised if old crap was still there.

And from what I understand, your presale code is good for any presale - no matter what leg it is. But when you use it, it's gone forever. Just like...uh, sorry, just got off of work and I can't think of a good joke to put here.

Last edited:
I have always understood that you were given a code that was to last the entire duration of your membership. However, once the code is used, that part of your membership benefits is forfilled and you cannot expect a second opportunity within a single membership.

They are going to have to make certain that the people that missed out on the 1st and 2nd legs are given priorty to complete this part of their membership status BEFORE someone can be given a second presale opportunity.

Presale for Third Leg

I'm sorry if someone already answered this question... but is it possible to join the fanclub now and have the pre-sale benefit for the third leg? or are they NOT offering anymore pre-sale benefits from now on?

Thanks in advance....

This is what is says on the website:

Please Note: Due to unprecedented demand, we are unable to offer new U2.Com Subscribers any presale opportunity to purchase tickets for the Vertigo 2005 Tour.

Third leg presale makes sense. You have to conside all the fans in Florida, Texas, Toronto, Montreal, and on and on.

To me this means, if you have code - hang on to it. If I can't get anything decent here in PHX tomorrow I will wait and travel on the 3rd leg.

The only question I'm not quite 100% sure on is whether they will U2.com issue new code to folks who ended up with lousy seats on this first leg. Or on a tour like are there no such things as lousy seats. Due to massive demand (any seat is a gem) and also due to the Glendale stage design.

David

I'm guessing they are still wading through the mess of a very poorly thought out plan and even worse communication to the member community.

I can only hope they are/will be re-evaluating the presale arrangements and provide us with plenty of clear scenarios and examples.

BTW, I used my code already to get crappy nosebleed seats in Chicago. I know....at least I got tickets! But, I live in Ohio and would like the chance to reuse my code to get GA tickets for the 3rd leg when they will be closer to home (Columbus, OH). :sad:

Question about presale code

Hi, I have an unused presale code that I'm debating about whether to use it for the Vancouver sale or save it for the 3rd leg. I want to try for GA tix for the Van show.

My question:

"If I use my presale code in attempt to get GA tix and they are unavailable, will I still be able to use my code in the fall?"

Code Still Working

I managed to purchase 1 ticket for Denver1 in last weeks presale.

As a matter of interest I just tried my code for Denver2, and it is letting me buy 1 further ticket. Have not done so yet, but I thought the pre-sale code only allowed for a maximum of 2 tickets for 1 show only.

The whole thing is very confusing.

careful - some of the offical announcements on U2.com state that Ticketmaster will be checking for people who used their code multiple times and will cancel tickets accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom