MERGED --> Pregnant and General Admission tickets + thanks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allison_papa

Babyface
Pregnant and General Admission tickets

I have general admission tickets to the Thurs show in Boston. I am very happy about having them but am a little nervous b/c I am 5 months pregnant. Could someone please tell me if there is room in the back of the GA floor like there was on the last tour? (I had GA tickets in Boston previously and although I ended up being in the front row (which I obviously wouldn't do now), there was plenty of room in the back where people were just walking around and it wasn't very crowded. Any comments much appreciated

Re: Pregnant and General Admission tickets

allison_papa said:
I have general admission tickets to the Thurs show in Boston. I am very happy about having them but am a little nervous b/c I am 5 months pregnant. Could someone please tell me if there is room in the back of the GA floor like there was on the last tour? (I had GA tickets in Boston previously and although I ended up being in the front row (which I obviously wouldn't do now), there was plenty of room in the back where people were just walking around and it wasn't very crowded. Any comments much appreciated

you should be okay - the area next to the soundboard wasn't all that crowded. the main problem would be that it does get a little hot so make sure that you keep well hydrated and don't be afraid to ask for a seat if you need it - and watch out - Bono tends to really have a thing for pregnant women:wink:

my wife is 5 months pregnant and we had GA's for 5/17. she was fine, we stood back just in front of the sound board/vip area. have fun!!!

if your GA ticket gets "beeped", I'd take the inner bomb shelter too. It's pretty empty, and plenty of room to move. (Kinda like the back of the floor, only really close.)

Hello,
My wife and I are going to be at the Boston show on the 26th. We would be glad to switch tickets with you. Our seats have the same face value. They are located behind the stage. You would not have to worry about anything. Contact me if you are interested. We could meet up inside the Fleet Center. If I don't hear from you enjoy the show!
bri234u@yahoo.com

bri234u said:
Hello,
My wife and I are going to be at the Boston show on the 26th. We would be glad to switch tickets with you. Our seats have the same face value. They are located behind the stage. You would not have to worry about anything. Contact me if you are interested. We could meet up inside the Fleet Center. If I don't hear from you enjoy the show!
bri234u@yahoo.com

how noble of you? :wink:

There's always room at the back on the GA floor so you'll be just fine. Have a great time and good luck with the little one!

Oh and another thing...if all that stuff about playing music to babies in the womb is true, thanks for bringing another U2 fan into the world :wink:

There was a woman who was 8 months pregnant right next to me last night about 3 people from the rail at the tip.

She only lasted about 3 or 4 songs because the two guys in front of her decided it didn't matter whether or not she was or not they were going to bump into her as much as they could (mind you they were in front of her anyway not behind her).

Her and her husband decided it was better to move out of that location.

Overall I was really impressed with the people around me. Everyone was extremely respectful of everyone else. I had the luck of standing next to two young guys from Dublin who were the having the time of their lives. They couldn't believe how close they were to the band, especially when they would stand in front of us on the ellipse.

I'd say at five months, you're fine near the back of the floor or even the back of the ellipse. It seems like there's a lot of room to move around in there.

There was a woman 6 months pregnant right next to me against the main stage rail in the ellipe in NJ. Everyone helped to look out for her and make sure not one bumped into her or pushed. She stayed the whole show and was fine.

my wife who is also 5 months pregnant was in the ellipse with me at philly 1. there is a sweet spot always on edges side just by the back where you are between the people pushing towards the stage, and those crowding the railing. very comfotable the whole night, never had someone as much as bump into her.

jphelmet said:
There was a woman 6 months pregnant right next to me against the main stage rail in the ellipe in NJ. Everyone helped to look out for her and make sure not one bumped into her or pushed. She stayed the whole show and was fine.

Sounds similar to my situation. I was 7 months pregnant for SD1 and was against the rail of the main stage right in front of Bono and just let people around me know my situation and everyone was very good about it so I was fortunate to stay there for the whole show.

If I found it pushy or too hot I would have just moved to the middle of the ellipse (or back of the GA floor) where there is plenty of room.

Good luck and congrats :)

Thanks!

Thanks to everyone for all of the great info. We ended up staying in the back near the soundboard - we got into Boston too late to get a chance to scanned into the Ellipse. It was a great show and I am so happy we went!

I'm in awe of you for being able to stand that long. When I was pregnant with my 2nd child (5 months) in 2001 I bought seats for the Elevation show in San Jose. There was no way I was going to be able to stand for that long. Thankfully I got front row seats in my section (Yeah Propaganda), so I was able to sit when I got tired and there was no one in front of me to block me.

I made up for it though that fall when I got GA's for Oakland...

rccj said:
I'm in awe of you for being able to stand that long.

Actually I turned out to be very lucky...I never would have made it except that security for the GA line outside let me keep my camping chair right up until we were let in (I was in the front of the U2.com line) so that was a HUGE relief.

When I got my spot on the rail I actually sat down on the floor against it facing the crowd for much of the time until U2 came on lol...I got some funny looks but I was going to conserve as much energy as possible for the actual show and it was SOOOOO worth it!!

I'm glad you had such a good time! And it was definetly smart to sit down as much as you could before hand. Just be prepared though, you realize now you have a U2 fan in the making in there. hehe I wouldn't be suprised if they come out with a bit of vertigo. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom