MERGED-->possible dates + Are These For Real?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ottofilm

The Fly
possible dates

This was sent to me from atu2's forum; there are things in here I doubt but hey, that's why this is a rumor board. I do know it'll start at the American Airline Arena but that's all I do know, not even if they have two shows there. I didn't write these, I have no more answers for you.

otto

Jan
1 - 21: band rehearsals in South of France
Sat 22 - NRJ awards, Cannes
23-31: band rehearsals in South of France

Feb
1-7: band rehearsals in South of France
Tue 8: Rehearse Brit Awards
Wed 9: Brit Awards
10-11: Band rehearsals in South of France
Sun 13: Grammy Awards
15-18: Band rehearsals - TBA
19-25: Band/Production rehearsals Miami
26: Load in Miami AAA - after NBA
27-28: Production rehearsals Miami AAA

March
1, 3: Miami - American Airlines Arena
5: Tampa - St Pete Times Arena
7, 8: Atlanta - Philips Arena
10: Hartford - Civic Center
12: Buffalo - HSBC Arena
14 NYC - Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Dinner
16: Philadelphia - Wachovia Center
17, 19, 20: NYC - MSG
23, 24: Montreal - Bell Centre
26, 27: Toronto - Air Canada Centre
29, 31: Boston - Fleet Center

April
1: Boston - Fleet Center
4, 5: East Rutherford - Continental Arena
7, 8, 12, 13: Chicago - United Center
16,17: Denver - Pepsi Center
20, 21: Phoenix - America West
24, 25: Seattle - Key Arena
28, 29: Vancouver - GM Place

May:
2, 3: Oakland - Oakland Arena
6,7: San Diego - Sports Arena
10, 11, 14,15: L.A. - Staples Center
16-31: break

June:
1, 4, 5: Amsterdam - Amsterdam Arena
8: Zurich - Letzigrund Stadium
10: Gelsenkirchen - Schalke Stadium
12: Brussels - Roi Boudoin
14: Manchester - Stadium of Light
18,19: London - Twickenham
21: Glasgow - Hampden Park
25, 26: Dublin - Croke Park
29: Cardiff - Millenium Stadium

July
2: Vienna - Ernest Happel Stadium
5: Budapest - NEP Stadium
7: Berlin - Olympic Stadium
9: Paris - Stade de France
10-18: break
19, 21: Milan San Siro or Florence Stadium
23: Rome - Olympic Stadium
27: Oslo - Vallehovin
29: Gothenburg -Ullevi
31: Copenhagen - Parken

August:
3: Munich - Olympic Stadium
5: Nice - Parc de Sports Charles Ehrman
7: Barcelona - Olympic or FC Barc
9: San Sebastian - Anoeta Stadium
11: Madrid - Calderon
14: Lisbon - Alvalade
15-31: break

September
1-12: break
13: break, load in Toronto
14: break, load in Toronto
15: break, load in Toronto
16, 17: Toronto - Air Canada Centre
20, 21: Chicago - United Center
23: Minneapolis - Xcel or Target
25: Milwaukee - Bradley Center
27: Cleveland - Gund Arena
30: Boston - Fleet Center

October
1, 3, 4 Boston - Fleet Center
7, 8, 10,11: New York - MSG
14: New York MSG / Albany-Pepsi
15: off / New York - MSG
16,17: Philadelphia - Wachovia
19, 20: Washington - MCI Center
21: off pre rig Pittsburgh
22: Pittsburgh - Mellon Arena
25: Detroit - Palace of Auburn Hills
28: Houston - Toyota Center
29: Dallas - American Airlines

November
1,2: Anaheim - Pond
4: off/ Las Vegas MGM
5: Las Vegas MGM
6: Las Vegas MGM - off
7: Off - Sacramento - Arco / LA Staples
9,10: San Jose
18,19, 22, 23: Tokyo - Budokan or Yokohama

December:
2, 3: Brisbane - Entertainment Center
6, 7, 9,10: Melbourne - Rod Laver
13,14,17,18: Sydney - Superdome

Otto, this is all very exciting, interesting and a bit baffling.

I have an industry inside source, and I will be seeing him on Christmas and I will check these dates against his (which will be an official iternerary).

Thanks!

I thought I read somewhere that Providence, RI was getting a show on 4/5? Interesting take, I would be VERY surprised if its accurate.

The other thing with this list is July 7 is listed as Germany. On another list July 7 is Poland (according to a Pole).

(Tis my birthday that day thats why I remembered)

Anyone know what day of the week March 16th is? I don't know what happened to my calender...:eyebrow: WOOO HOOO! :|

Lancemc said:
Anyone know what day of the week March 16th is? I don't know what happened to my calender...:eyebrow: WOOO HOOO! :|

its a Wednesday

i wondered the same thing for my travel plans! :)

Last edited:
Those Boston dates in March and April make sense because the Celtics are playing there on March 30. So March 29, 31 and April 1 work. And that's a Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday for those of you keeping track.
And the date in Hartford is during my spring break. YES!
Also, those October Fleetcenter dates (1,3,4) could be pretty crazy, as the Red Sox host the Yankees on September 30, October 1 and 2.

September
1-12: break
13: break, load in Toronto
14: break, load in Toronto
15: break, load in Toronto
16, 17: Toronto - Air Canada Centre
20, 21: Chicago - United Center
23: Minneapolis - Xcel or Target
**** 25: Milwaukee - Bradley Center ****
27: Cleveland - Gund Arena
30: Boston - Fleet Center

****please, oh please, oh please........................................

Why isn't San antonio on there? They just built the sbc center
a couple of years ago and it's a great huge arena.

Why 2 dates in Denver? Its a small market. I do not see Baltimore, MD, Indianapolis, IN, Columbus, OH, Cincinnati, OH, Charleston ,SC, Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO or Charlottle, NC, having any shows.

Yes cities like St. Louis can't attract enough people, enough though it was on the last tour.

San Diego getting 2 shows I do not think they deserve to get 2 shows as well as Denver.

The only date I am disappointed in is the Philly March 16 show. I have to work Slipknot. :sad:

Last edited:
I kind of doubt these dates are correct. I doubt the band would only do one show in Dallas on an arena tour. Dallas is one of the top 10 or top 15 markets in the country. If they do a stadium tour, one stop in Dallas would make sense.

The band could indeed change how the tour is done at the moment based on the massive album sales that are happening in markets all over the world. The band may decide on short 30 date tour this spring in the USA that only has single dates in many large markets in order to prepare the market for Stadiums later in the fall.

The band has both stadium and arena designs for the tour and could easily substitute either in any market they feel deserves it.

At this point anything could happen, but I would be surprised if they don't do some stadium shows in the USA given the massive popularity of the new album. This is U2's fastest selling album, ever, in the United States.

Ifeelnumb84 said:
Those Boston dates in March and April make sense because the Celtics are playing there on March 30. So March 29, 31 and April 1 work. And that's a Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday for those of you keeping track.

And those dates don't make sense to me for the same reason. What do you do with the stage on the night of the Celtics? Take it down and set it up again? I don't think so.... I still put money down on March 22-24 or they wait until April to do the Fleet.

I think that they could do Columbus in the spring, and Cleveland in the fall, and both shows would sell out. I think a lot of these cities are undeserving of 2 shows. Also, 2 shows in Texas isn't nearly enough to fill the demand. They should definitely add a show in Austin or San Antonio. I really hope they come to Columbus, cause it's 45 minutes away. I was hoping to get some of my friends who are casual admirers to a concert so they could see for themselves the magic of U2. But most of them wouldn't travel far to see U2. If no Columbus, I might swing up for 2 nights in Chicago in the spring!

Hmmmm? I'm skeptical. They have very very few dates in the south and midwest. They've usually played Tx, Florida and southern Us twice. Once on the first leg and once on the third. I guess it could be right, but I still think it's too early to tell.

Super_Fan said:
Why 2 dates in Denver? Its a small market.

Actually, Denver is an incredibly big market for concerts. U2 came here twice on Elevation and has come every North American tour since at least Boy or October and they even came here for Conspiracy of Hope tour. Denver would sell out two dates.

Wow, if this is true it is going to cost a packet to see U2 in Oz. Flights to the east coast in December are expensive, plus the cost of the show....

Hmmm, will have to save bucketloads...

Souly said:
What do they mean by "Load in Toronto" ?
After the European leg, parts of the stage and other equipment will be brought together again. This way they can orderly setup the stage again to prepare it for the 3rd leg.

this is the list as will be made official come Jan 11. Following the presale the week after, there is room for more dates at certain venues when necessarry. Also, it could be that in your city not all dates metioned here go in pre-sale at once. Expect dates to be added then that are already on this list here.

...yay! for amsterdam btw :wink:

well I just checked out the Phillips Area Website (Atlanta) and this was posted:
Thrashers Schedule Note: The Atlanta Thrashers have been advised by National Hockey League Commissioner Gary Bettman, that all teams, including Atlanta, are free to release building dates up to 45 days into the future beginning on September 15, 2004 and continuing each day until further notification. Once the League's labor dispute with the NHLPA has been resolved, the League will address the potential rescheduling of games.
SO the dates that are open for U2 to play are the 7th of March and the 9th of March.. we will see I guess!

Friends, before we all get too worked up remember these dates are only speculative. There is nothing confirmed here, so don't get up in a roar because it looks like U2 will be skipping your town. It looks like a early itinerary to me.

I would also doubt two dates in San Diego. All in all, there seem to be more dates than we will actually see. Maybe these are possible dates, but not fixed.

Super_Fan said:
Yes cities like St. Louis can't attract enough people, enough though it was on the last tour.

I'm pretty sure the St Louis show during Elevation was sold out. I think they are still holding PopMart against us.

Hold up on St. Louis! I was in St. Louis on the Metallica tour and also looked up the attendance statistics. U2 in 2001 sold the whole floor, lower level, and half to 3/4's of the upper deck. Compare that to Metallica sold the floor out and almost the whole lower level. Not a single soul in the upper deck and they had a stadium show in 2004 where the Rams play. St. Louis is a small market.

Back
Top Bottom